- Text Size +
Carmen stepped into her house after a long day at school. She walked upstairs and set her backpack on her bed.


"Carmen?" Carmen turned around and it was her mom.


"Yes?"


"How was school?"


"Boring"


"What about your cheerleading practice; how did that go?"


"Good I guess," that's all her parents really cared about was her cheerleading squad at Owyee High School in Los Angeles. She loved being captain, but some days she didn't want anything to do with it.


"Why, what's wrong Carmen? Did something go wrong at practice?"


"No mother!"


"Don't get that tone of voice with me Carmen or else you won't be allowed to go out with Joey tonight" her mom walked out of her room. Carmen sighed as she opened up her backpack and took out her books.


"Ugh so much homework why am I taking so many classes that I don't even need?" she asked herself/ She looked over at her CD player she held in her hand. She opened her CD player and looked at her CD "Journey my favourite CD" she whispered as she took it out and put it into her bigger one she had gotten from Joey for her 17th birthday.



Lying beside you here in the dark
Feeling your heartbeat with mine
Softly you whisper you're so sincere


The phone soon rang


"Hello?"


"How is my favourite girl?" it was Joey. Her parents adored him considering he is the captain of the football and the basketball teams.


"Fine I guess"


"Aww what's wrong Carmen? Something not go right at practice today?"


"Everything is fine…why does everyone keep asking about cheerleading? Do you think that's ALL I care about?"


"Sorry I asked…then what about anything else…you know school?"


"Stupid, boring... pointless…I could go on and on why am I even bothering going to school Joey?"


"You need to in order to go and cheer for the Oregon Ducks or whatever they're called."


"Maybe I don't want to cheer maybe I would like to do something else with my life."


"Like what?"


"I don't know teach pre school, become an editor, a photographer, sing!"


"You sing? Since when?"


"Forever... I have sang to you before"


"Don't remember that let me hear you now please?"


"I guess I could if you really want me too"


"Please?"



Lying beside you here in the dark
Feeling your heartbeat with mine
Softly you whisper you're so sincere
How could our love be so blind?
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are by my side


So now I come to you with open arms
Nothing to hide believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms


"That was good no Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears but good"


"I was thinking about joining choir"


"Do you REALLY think Mr. Woods is going to take you?"


"Yes" all Carmen heard was just a chuckle.


"Sorry Carmen that wasn't directed towards you; my brother was doing something stupid." Carmen didn't say anything she just hung up the phone.