- Text Size +
week later Carmen was in choir and enjoying it. She never thought she would enjoy singing as much as she does.


“Hey Carmen where have you been? I haven’t seen you as much as I used to what’s going on?” It was one of Carmen’s best friends Angel.


“I am sorry Angel…I didn’t tell you…I joined choir did I? I basically have just been busy with that…and then cheerleading getting our cheers and stuff ready… it’s really hard…trust me. I feel so horrible I haven’t spent any time with you Angel you are like one of my best friends” Carmen explained.


“I understand Carmen. Say what you are you doing after school? Maybe I can come over and hang out?” Angel suggested.


“Nothing that I know of. Just meet me out by my car and we can go to my house”


“All right sounds good see you then” Carmen walked into her choir class and sat down.


“Hey Carmen did you hear about that new karaoke club?”


“No where is it?’


“Somewhere in Orlando…but I think you have to be like 19 or something”


“Damn I am 17…I can always get like a fake ID or something I guess”


“That’s like really dangerous Carmen you could get caught”


“But I can get discovered Anna”


“Don’t you wanna go and cheer? I thought that’s what you’ve always wanted to do. I mean you’re on the cheerleading squad.


“My parents want me to they are kind of pushing me to, but I don’t want to I would like to sing”


“I never knew that…you seem to love what you are doing with the whole cheerleading thing. But I guess if I were you I would go with what my heart tells me I would just hate doing something that I wouldn’t want to do” Anna said.


“Yea I guess you are right Anna. I would much rather sing than just cheerlead…you should always do what your heart tells you cause then you are just stuck doing something you hate”


“Then sing!”


“My parents would flip!”


“Who gives a flipping shit about your parents they should support you”


“Yea, but they are really hard to I guess understand”


“Oh…okay I se mine can be too well I guess I should go back to my section and just remember do what your heart tells you Carmen”


“Don’t worry Anna I will remember” the bell rang for class to get started.


“Okay class we’re going to be learning a new song today for our fall concert coming up in October. I thought this being a new school year and I haven’t done this for a while I thought Disney how does that sound to you guys?” Mr. Woods asked the class.


“Wonderful I like the sound of that Mr. Woods. When do we get the music?”


“Hold your horses Mike…I haven’t exactly got everything organized yet give me another week or two and I should have everything organized.”


“Well why don’t we go and do it now Mr. Woods? We can watch a movie or something we don’t mind”


“All right if that’s what you all want to do we can arrange that”



- After School-


Carmen walked to her car and saw Angel standing next to it.
“So ya ready to come over? I have an idea but I need some assistance”


“Okay I can only imagine what this idea could possibly be”


“I got it when I was in choir this morning and I KNOW you can help me out BIG time!”


“Again I can ONLY imagine now let’s get out of here and go to your house.”


“All righty!”


Carmen and Angel soon arrived at Carmen’s house.
“Hi mom me and Angel are going to go up in my room and study a little”


“Okay honey!” Carmen and Angel went up to Carmen’s room.


“Okay tell me what this big idea is all about? It seems like REALLY important I guess”


“Well I am going to get a fake ID and sing karaoke at some new club in Orlando or something and TRY to get a record deal. I don’t wanna cheer anymore. I get bored I may be the ‘captain’ of the cheerleading squad but my parents pushed me into it and now that I am almost 18 u just don’t feel like it anymore.” Carmen explained.


“How do I fit into all of this?”


“I know your brother’s friend Brent makes fake Ids and since you are like my BEST friend maybe you can talk Brent into getting one for me”


“Carmen those are like $100 where in the hell are you going to get $100?”


“Angel I am an only child…no siblings I can say I am going to go and get some new clothes or something and I would like a $100 easy piece of cake”


“This seems kind of risky”


“Angel I know trust me it will work maybe Brent can even give me a discount haha I know your bro”


“Brent usually don’t give discounts but ya never know"


“That’s true ya never know”