- Text Size +
Two days later Carmen was in the studio recording with Howie working on some new stuff.


“So how do you know Nick?” he asked.


“ I know his sister Angel we went to school together”


“You’re 19 right?”


“Yea”


“So she was 15 when you met her?”


“Yea I guess so”


“Have you always wanted to sing? Or was it just something you decided along the way?”


“Always. My parents tried to push me into cheerleading but t just didn’t seem fun anymore. It was quite boring. Everyone thought I was just like any other cheerleader snobby and what not and that’s not me by all means I was just and still am a normal person. And I finally got fed up with my parents wanting me to cheerlead and I just gave up I guess. And singing is just has always been a passion of mine and I am ALWAYS singing so it just all made perfect sense.” Carmen explained to Howie.


“Ah I see it’s always a good thing to do what you REALLY love doing and not listening to what your parents or maybe even your peers about what you would like to do with your life…its your choice no one can decide for you its all YOUR decision. I know you’re talented and that’s what counts. Anyway how about we lay down this firs song?” Howie suggested.


“Yea sure are the other guys coming in?”


“Yea pretty soon okay go into the booth put the headphones on and the words and the music should be right in front of you,” Howie said. Carmen walked into the booth and put the headphones on and heard the music start.



My friends say you’re so into me
And that you need me desperately
They say you we’re so complete
But I need to hear it straight from you
If you want me to believe it’s true
I’ve been waiting for so long it hurts
I wanna hear you say the words, please


Don’t, don’t let me be the last to know
Don’t hold back just let it go
I need to hear you say
You need me all the way
Oh, if you love me so
Don’t let me be the last to know


Your body language says so much
Yeah, I feel it in the way you touch
But ‘til you say the words it’s not enough
Come on and tell me you’re in love, please


I need to hear you say
You love me all the way
And I don’t wanna wait another day
I wanna feel the way you feel
Oh come on



Don’t, don’t let me be the last to know
Don’t hold back just let it go
I need to hear you say
You need me all the way
Oh, if you love me so
Don’t let me be the last to know



“That was great Carmen.” Carmen came out of the studio.


“Was it really good? I know I could’ve done so much better” Soon walked in Kevin, Nick, AJ, and Brian.


“Hey guys we just got done with Carmen’s first song,” Howie stated.


“Great! Can we hear it?” Kevin asked.


“Sure” the guys replayed the song. Carmen sat there quietly on the orange couch that was there in the studio. She was so nervous to see what everyone though she knew she could have done so much better. Carmen looked at Kevin who was looking straight at her with a smile upon his face.” I wonder what that means?” she questioned upon herself,” Okay now it’s just REALLY starting to creep me out but he is kind of cute I wonder how old he is?”


“I have to say I am very impressed with your vocal ability Carmen. It’s very amazing I know there was just something about you on that stage when I first saw you that was very good,” Kevin said.


“Thanks Kev. I was so nervous y’all wouldn’t like it…only because it was my first time EVER recording something but I guess I am just doing the best that I possibly can”


“You just have to do your best…here we have another song for you to do quickly. We just got it the other day we didn’t know what to do with it and maybe it will fit you?” AJ handed her the pieces of paper

.
“Good bye To You? Hmm.. I’ll give it a shot,” Carmen grabbed the papers out of AJ’s hand and walked back into the studio and put the headphones on and the music started up again.



Of all the things that I believe in
I just want to get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that pass me by


I’ve been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I’m hearing are starting to get old
It feels like I’m starting all over again
The last 3 years were just pretend
And I said


Good-bye to you
Good-bye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to



I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can’t live
A day without you
Closing my eyes and you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it’s not right


Good-bye to you
Good-bye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing I tried to hold on to


And it hurts to want everything
And nothing at the same time
I want what’s your and I want what’s mine
I want you
But I’m not giving in this time


Good-bye to you
Good-bye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing I tried to hold on to
And when the stars fall
I will lie awake
You’re my shooting star


“How was that guys?” Carmen said into the microphone.


“Great! Perfect we can put the finishing touches on it later,” Carmen came out of the studio.


“And you guys found her at your club Howie?” Brian said.


“Yes”


“I am amazed she doesn’t already have some sort of a record deal. She is amazing everything almost sounds perfect.” Brian commented.


“Thanks Brian I just never thought about doing something like this until someone told me to go for it”


“Well it’s a good thing you DID go for it Carmen who knows you could be the next Christina Aguilera” AJ laughed.


“Great just who I always wanted to be” she sarcastically said.


“We need to get some more songs done today probably only like 4 or 5 more and then we will call it a day.


“All right Mr. Boss” Nick joked.


“Shut up Nick…I thought maybe since you know Carmen so well you would like to do a song with her? We will have to re-do a song but I think it just might work,” Kevin suggested Nick looked at Carmen and smiled.


“All right it’s good I don’t know about Carmen?”


“Sounds good to me we can work on a song or I could I guess just write one. It doesn’t take me THAT long so maybe I can come up with something later on tonight” Carmen replied.


“Okay we will see what you can do just write a song for you and Nick and we’ll see if that works and its it doesn’t we’ll just find a song I guess?”


“Kevin, you don’t know me like Nicky boy does trust me I can crank out a song in no time just give me all night to think about it and I can more than likely guarantee you there will be a song for me and Nick to sing tomorrow” Carmen said.


“All right I believe you give me a song by tomorrow and we will talk about it”


“You got yourself a deal Mr. Richardson”



Song Credits To "Dont Let Me Be The Last To Know" By: Britney Spears Album: Opps! I Did It Again & "Good-bye To You" By: Michelle Branch Album:?