- Text Size +
Carmen showed up at the studio the next day. She knew she was going to have to tell everyone the truth.

“Hey Carmen Kevin said we needed to talk” AJ said.

“Uh yea I do have something to talk about with you guys. Nick knows and Kevin knows its more or less being truthful than anything. I am not 19 I am only 17. I am very sorry for lying to you guys it was just…just I had to go for following my dreams again I am very sorry for lying to you all” Carmen explained.

“Kevin, you knew and you didn’t tell us? And Nick jeez you’ve known longer than we all have how come you didn’t tell us?” Howie questioned.

“Sorry guys I thought Carmen should tell you herself”

“And I am sorry as well. I know Carmen could sing and I wasn’t going to let her not be you know discovered and I knew she needed to be” Nick explained himself.

“Well, I guess I am just glad you explained yourself. We had to find out sometime. And I guess we just didn’t find out the hard way okay? Now D don’t you agree?” Howie took a second to think about it.

“I guess you’re right better now than later”

“Lets say we get started on that song for Carmen and Nick?” Brian suggested.

“Sounds like a plan…. I have the song right here. Carmen has this whole thing indicated where she sings and then Nick sings it’s quite simple actually” Kevin said bring out the song from a folder.

“All righty I don’t exactly have everything figured out but I guess we could sing it a cappella first? And then add the music later?”

“Sounds good actually…let’s get into the sound booth. Carmen and Nick made their way into the sound booth and put their headphones on.

“All right here we go Nicky you ready?”

“As always.”

You’re the reason Why I found my way You’re the reason Why I feel this way And you’re the reason Why I have to sing I had to let you know You’re my everything

So many times I been alone I didn’t know what to do I don’t know where I’d be If I didn’t have you You come for me Make me believe Give me the strength I need Since you came into my life It’s been so heavenly, heavenly

You’re the reason Why I found my way You’re the reason Why I feel this way And you’re the reason Why I have to sing I had to let you know You’re my everything

So many things I wanna say to you I give my all to you just because You came into my life and gave me all your love I will sacrifice my very life All you have to do is say the word Cause there would be no other

You’re the reason Why I found my way You’re the reason Why I feel this way And you’re the reason Why I have to sing I had to let you know You’re my everything

I want you to know that you’re my reason Why I sing more than anything Nor could I do anything without you

You’re the reason Why I found my way You’re the reason Why I feel this way And you’re the reason Why I have to sing I had to let you know You’re my everything

“I think it need something else…other than music…I have an idea AJ you will take that last part of Nick’s the I will sacrifice my very life. I think it will sound much better just to ass that ‘edge’ to it…is that all right with you Nick and Carmen?” Kevin asked.

“Yea, sounds great actually I knew it needed just a little bit more but I didn’t know what and that was it”

“Your welcome” Kevin smiled the next thing he knew Howie slugged him on the shoulder,” What the hell was that for?”

“Kevin she’s 17 years old!”

“I was just giving her a smile is there ANY crime in that?”

“Yes!” Howie exclaimed,” I do think there is don’t you think you are too ‘old’ for her? Jeez Kev you are 29 for god sakes”

“Look, D I wasn’t looking at her in ANY wrong way. I as just politely giving her a smile. I clearly didn’t know smiling was a crime”

“I say you were. You just better be careful Kev. You never know what could happen all right? I wouldn’t want to see you put in jail for being convicted of rape or something”

“D, I think you are REALLY blowing this out of proportion…you are thinking way far ahead of yourself. Nothing is going to ever happen. I am just here to record Carmen’s album NOT to have some romantic affair or something okay? I am just doing my job” Kevin explained himself. He knew sooner or later his heard would be saying something different. Only time will tell.

~ Studio Booth~

“What’s going on between you and Kev?” Nick asked.

“Nothing why do you think there is something going on?”

“I just saw the way he looked at you and the way you looked back at him. Carmen he’s 29 years old!” Nick exclaimed.

“Nicky! I can assure you NOTHING is going on. He took me out to lunch yesterday but that was something just entirely different though Nick. It was just to explain myself about the whole situation. I am serious though NOTHING is going on. And nothing will EVER go on between us…he is 29 and I am like 17. I think that is just a little too old for me Nick and you of all people should know that” Carmen said.

“All right jeez I am sorry. I just saw the ‘look’ that’s all okay gosh”

“Yea it was only a ‘look’ and nothing more Nick”

“I said I was sorry Carmen” Carmen knew soon it would evolve she knew he was 29 but did age really have to matter?

Song Credit "You're The Reason" By: Krystal Ft. The Backstreet Boys Album: Me and My Pianc