- Text Size +
Kevin's dad came home later that night and didnt see Kevin anywhere to be found. "Kevin! I'm home... Kevin where are you?" His dad yelled there was no answer from Kevin. He started to get worried about his son. He checked in the kitchen, the bathrooms, the family room..then finally the last room was his room...he walked in and saw Kevin lying on the floor," Kevin! Kevin! Wake up Kevin!" he yelled no responce," Kevin!" still no responce from Kevin. He bent down and checked his pulse...barely breathing and that's when he found the bag on the floor beside him he picked the bag up and smelt it," My son was doing drugs?" he questioned himself," Why didnt I just see it?" he questioned again and picked up the phone and dialed 911. Beside the phone thats when he found the note addressed 'DAD' he opened it.


Dad,

This was the hardest thing for me to go through. Losing mom was no doubt the hardest thing that has ever happened to me..and I'm sorry that I did this to you...I had nothing else to turn too..but drugs and alcohol...and after Britney left me...I...I couldnt take it anymore.... again I'm sorry dad I love you very much and I always will...I will make sure to tell mom you love her and you miss her very much..



Your Son,
Kevin


He just cried...he had no one his wife and son were both gone the ambulance arrived a short time later and rushed him to the hospital to see if there was anything that could be done. He sat there in the waiting room to hear anything from the doctor. He watched the people come and go...various people...little girls with ear aches, fevers, then there were the drugies, car crashes, alcolohics, it all soon reminded him of the past couple of months. He soon saw the doctor come walking towards him.


"Sir, I'm sorry...your son Kevin took so much coke...we werent able to revive him...we are deeply sorry...it was almost as if he meant to do this..more of a suicide...again we are very sorry we have him in another room if you would like to say your good-byes," nodded his head and followed the doctor into the room where he saw Kevin laying on the table. He walked up to him and felt the tears roll down his cheeks.


"Kevin, I got your letter buddy...I know you're sorry I...I dont blame you for doing those things...I...I just wish you could've told me and we could've gotten you some help...you didnt have to do it this way. I love you very much and thank you for telling your mother I love her and I miss her very much....and I will also mis you too Kevin..I will always think of you and your mother every day and every night. I love you Kevin," he said aloud knowing he couldnt hear him, but he now was in a better place looking down on him hearing the words he wa saying.