- Text Size +
They got into the carriage. As the rush hour was over, the carriage wasn’t full, but there were still a lot of people. They sat down on a bench. After a while he leaned closer to her.

‘’What is it?’’
‘’I realized that I have no chance to hide if someone recognizes me. Maybe you could help me...maybe we could...we could act like we’re a couple? It worked at the station...’’
He looked at her and smiled somewhat shyly. Those eyes! I just couldn’t say no. Sure everything today was going on crazy, but.... Why couldn’t I live one day this way? Barbara thought.
‘’That’s a good idea. It’s simple and effective. Come closer to me.’’
He didn’t need to be told twice. He leaned very close and put his arm around her shoulder.
‘’Wow, you really don’t need to be told twice.’’
‘’There’s really no need to hesitate.’’
They were sitting so for a while and it felt really good this way. She knew it was strange for her, but it was somewhat like they are actually together together...as a couple. How can it be?
‘’This is our station. We need to change to another line.’’

They stood up and he swiftly embraced her waist and whispered to her
‘’We need to keep the impression that we’re a couple, right?’’
He was glad that he had such a good reason to touch her. I know that she is doing it only for the sake of my safety. But maybe this could change? Will there be a moment when she wittingly will want to have me near? Although right now she is not into pure denial, she’s just a little worried...

She had divided feelings. One the one hand - she felt really comfortable with him. But was it right to feel so? How can she tell what’s right? She looked at him and thought that maybe it was right. We haven't done anything what would seem wrong. But does it only seem right?
‘’Where do we have to go now?’’
‘’Oh... let’s take the next right turn and we’ll be there.’’
‘’What were you thinking? You looked like your thoughts were floating far away...’’
Well, she couldn’t tell him what she really was thinking. she was thinking about him. She had to invent something to say.
‘’I thought...’’
‘’About us?’’
She was totally puzzled. How could he guess? Has he some paranormal powers?
‘’How could you guess? You’re right...’’ she thought what to say next.
‘’That was very easy. For a moment you leaned a little closer to me and... What exactly did you think?’’
‘’You’ll think that I’m weird. I was thinking about you.’’
‘’That compliments me. Could I get a more exact description? Is there something special you like in me?’’
‘’I like that you say what you think. You’re so sure about everything you’re doing. ‘’
‘’And there’s one thing I’m completely sure of. I will do anything that’s possible to make you like me more.’’
‘’Why will you do it?’’
‘’Because I haven’t met someone like you in my life. These few hours I’ve spent with you are so wonderful that I’d wish to spend many more with you. I’ve always believed that...there is always a reason why I’m at place at a special time...and today I was really lucky...’’
‘’What has happened?’’
‘’You’re really clueless? I met you!’’
‘’That’s so unbelievable sweet. But you said it so credibly...’’
‘’When I thank that I could be now in LA alone...It’s so sad when I come back home and there’s no one...so I’m really happy that I decided to go to London...and yes, it’s true...I went here to search for you...That picture...but I didn’t believe it would be possible to find you... I mean, it could’ve been so that you’re not in town this week....but everything happened so...unexpectedly...this is such a big city...I believed that my wish is just a uncultivable fancy...
‘’Do you always get what you want?’’
‘’It depends on what I want. In the material aspect I got everything I want, I think it’s the same for you. But when it comes to attitudes... Everyone always acts so unnatural... It feels like stuck in a never-ending play. And so it’s tragic for me when I’ve believed people, thought that they’re really like they act...but then it comes out that they only made me believe..