- Text Size +
Nick was really excited about his idea. He found out that the drive to Nottingham would take about 3 hours, so it would be better to stay a night at a hotel. He decided to call her and ask if such an idea was acceptable for her...
What would she say? Sure, this offer seems suggestive, but maybe she’ll understand that I don’t mean it really like that? I’m going to try and call her now...

Barbara’s phone rang and she was puzzling who could call her private number that late...but whatever, she picked up without looking at the monitor...

‘’Hi! It’s me, Nick. I hope you still remember me...’’
’’You know, my memory isn’t really that short-termed...’’
‘’I wanted to ask you something important about tomorrow...I’ve planned something great, but this means...’’He said it in such low and guilty voice, ‘’that we would need to stay for a night there...I know it sounds suggestive, but I will not cross any lines if that’s what you’re afraid of...’’
‘’You know, I wasn’t out of town for recreation for a while...and I know that you’re not going to harass me...’’ Then she caught herself on one thought what if I harass him? He’s too hot...What thoughts are again coming to my mind?
‘’It’s wonderful that you can trust me... So can I book everything?’’

‘’I’m curious-where are we going? Sure, you can book, I’m certain that I’d like your ideas...’’ as Nick heard that response he imagined that one of his ideas....to exchange passionate kisses and maybe going on with more... would not be her favorite...but who knows?

‘’I will not say where exactly we’re going to, but it’s a place where fairy tales and reality meet...’’
‘’Wow, this sounds great! That is definitely a special place...’’
‘’You make even an underground station special...but this will be even more fun...I think that you’re very fit, but I seemed to you probably unfit...so I’ve planned something active...’’
‘’You didn’t seem to me unfit...long distance walks aren’t my favorite sports either. What have you planned? ‘’
‘’Oh, that comforts me when you say that I’m not unfit. Let’s say that it is a surprise, but it would be useful for you if you’d wear tomorrow something with that you can do something more active than sitting?’’

What does he mean by saying ‘’more active’’? What if he means...if he means some activity which includes being very close? Barbara blushed. What am I thinking about? He’s inviting me to a totally harmless trip...But maybe I want him to come closer?

She concentrated herself again on the conversation. ’’Sure, I won’t wear high heels...’’
‘’That’s perfect. And could you pack everything you need for a one night’s stay? I just wanted to inform about a part of my plans for tomorrow...but there will be some surprises...’’
‘’Why are you doing this? No one ever had shown so much...affection to me...I....’’
‘’I really like you... And why couldn’t I do everything to make you feel needed? Today you made me feel so good like never before...I could get addicted to this feeling...so I want to be with you tomorrow, too...’’
‘’And it’s so good to believe that you’re saying the truth...it’s too good to be true...’’
‘’Just believe in miracles...I never thought that I would meet you, the girl from the magazine, but I did...’’
‘’I haven’t dreamed for so long...’’
‘’Life can turn into a dream any time...But now I’ve kept you up too long. I’ll call you tomorrow, ok?’’
‘’Yes, you call me tomorrow. Good night.’’

Nick put his phone back on the table. The suite in Savoy seemed so empty... But yet he didn’t feel completely alone. He had the chance to see her again. And it was so sure...
He suddenly felt so warm remembering her touch and the shy kisses. A week ago he had thought that his chances even to see her were near to zero, but tomorrow he’s going to go out with her...and that’s a real miracle..
.
Nick couldn’t sleep well all night. He was worrying that she would turn him down when he calls her in the morning. As she had agreed to come with him Nick felt that he had the best chance in his life to get a unique girl...now he all he needs to do is not to mess things up and scare her off of him.

Barbara packed a small suitcase for her trip tomorrow. It was going to be the wildest thing she’d done since...since ever. But something indescribable moved her to do so. Sure this one night stay could involve some risk... But where’s a risk with enjoying life?

The next morning Nick called her to reassure that she would come and inform about the time when he would pick her up.
At the settled time he was there, again with the Rolls Royce... but he looked so cute that even a wreck Chevy wouldn’t minimize his appeal. But the Rolls Royce was a symbol for that she had to do with a boy from the same ‘’league’’...And that made it really difficult for Barbara to predict to what being with him could lead...

But as he saw her again...he was speechless...how lucky he was that she was going out with him...he came over to her and hugged her...he acted on impulse and was afraid that she could misunderstand him.

Barbara was first a little surprised that he had done this, but she felt so good feeling him nearer. He shows me so much affection...no one ever had...how does he always know what I want? It could have been my idea...

Honestly, Nick really enjoyed the fact that she wasn’t complaining about what he did, but he knew that he had to let go...unwillingly, he did so and said
‘’So you’re ready to go?’’
‘’Yes, let’s go. I was thinking all night where we’ll go, but I couldn’t figure out...I presume the place is out of London...but where exactly I don’t know...’’
‘’You probably know it....but I won’t tell you now...let’s get in the car...’’
Barbara really enjoyed the ride. Nick was so natural and didn’t try to impress her. He was even very funny when he told her all the silly happenings of the tour. And it felt so good for her to sit next to him and just talk...Time flew very fast and it seemed for her that they have been driving for a while as the car stopped .