- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Nick walked quickly out of the conference room once the meeting had been called to an end. He felt like if he spent another moment in there he was going to die from complete boredom. Nick reached out and rang the bell for the elevator. He sighed as he waited for it to arrive.

"When do you have to go get Lena?" Brian Littrell, Nicks best friend in the group asked.

"In about an hour and a half," Nick replied.

"Bet you can't wait to see her again."

"You're right. I miss her, it's going to be nice to see her again," Nick commented as he glanced up to see what floor the elevator was at.

"I'm sure. I'd like to know what she's been up to it's been so long since I last talked to her," Brian replied.

"Is Leighanne coming out?"

"No, she's staying at home. She isn't ready to travel just yet. The baby is only a couple of months old. I have to give her a little more time to adjust to the idea."

"So why don't you fly home for a few days, I mean we're just going to be hanging around her doing nothing anyway," Nick suggested, "I was going to do that instead of having Lena fly out here but warden Kevin wouldn't let me but he'll let you go."

"Yeah I think you're right but it's such sort notice."

"Leighanne would be happy to see you. Wouldn't that be worth it?"

"I guess you're right. I'm going to make the arrangements when we get up stairs."

"You know what's funny?" Nick asked Brian.

"No what?"

"Even though we have complete control over this elevator, it still seems to take forever to get here." Brian laughed at Nicks comment. Though he did agree.

"That's just our luck."

"No, with our luck we'd be trapped in there."

"Hasn't happened yet."

"Don't worry, it will. I can feel it," Nick explained to Brian as the elevator finally reached the lobby to take them back up to their floor.

"I am just so glad that the conference is over with. Sometimes, I just don't understand why we need to do those things when we can just release a statement through the record company."

"You know your cousin," Nick replied, "I just think that he likes to torture me and that's why he does this. You know, just to make me have to wake up and stuff."

"Well it's over now, thankfully."

"Tell me about it," Nick agreed, "I don't even know what I'm going to do while I wait to pick up Lena. I'm going to be so damn bored."

"Just think about it this way: soon you won't have anything to worry about 'cause Lena will be here and the two of you can do whatever you want."

"I'm just going to take Lena up to my room and lock the door and not come out until it's time to get back to work," Nick informed Brian, "No Kevin yellin at me or anything."

"Life is good," Brian joked with a grin on his face. Nick smiled in responce. He was glad that someone knew what he was going through. Kevin had a tendency to to work all of the guys as hard as he could. Sometimes they would be so tired they felt as if they would pass out, but luckily, no one ever did.

"I'll see ya," Nick said as he walked out of the elevator which had stopped and began to head towards his room.

"Bye, and be good," Brian answered.

"I can't make any promises." Brian smiled then disappeared into his room. Nick sighed as he opened the door to his own room. He didn't know what he was going to do to past the time but like Brian had said, he only had to do that now because once Lena arrived, he would always have a way to pass the time. Over the past year that they had been dating, they had found out that they had a lot in common. Nick knew that he could talk to her. He would knowingly pour his heart out to her and she would comfort him when things were bad.

He was lucky, he knew it. There weren't many women out there like her, that is if there was even one more out there. This girl was the one that he wanted to be with, he was unsure of how he felt about settling down. They were both young and he loved the freedom that he had since he wasn't married. He didn't know how getting tied down would change him. Brian and Kevin hadn't changed much after they were married.

Then again, they were always basically calm people. They hardly ever went out to party. Even AJ was about to be married. He was the last one, other than Nick, that the guys thought would be married. He didn't like the idea of not being able to party and have fun. Still he wanted to be with Sarah. That's what was so unique about AJ, even though a major part of him wanted his life to stay the same, he was willing to change everything to be with his girl because he loved her.

Nick yawned as he walked over to the bed and laid down. Relaxing a was a good idea. He didn't even want to go the the conference, but as always, he had no say in the matter. Moments later, Nick shut his eyes. He wanted to block out the world for now. He didn't want to have to worry about Kevin scolding him for being late or not being where he was supposed to be. This was his time and he was going to make the best of it.

Once Nick re-opened his eyes he glanced over at the clock. He had fallen asleep. Quickly he jumped out of the bed and ran into the hallways. Just as he was about to press the button for the elevator, he decided that it would be much quicker if he just ran down the stairs. Using all of the strength that he could muster, he began his decent down the stairs. It was only a matter of moments before he reached the lobby.

Nick then ran out through a side door to where he had parked his car. Turing on the ignition, he pulled quickly out of the parking lot and in the direction of the airport. Nervously and anxiously, Nick tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. At times, Nick had reached speeds of over ninty miles an hour. Only when he saw a squad car did he slow down to the speed limit. Nick was at the airport in approxinmately twenty minutes. He drove his car towards the parking lot and swiftly ran out of it.

He started walking, with a quick pace, to the gate that she had told him she would be at once her plane had landed. Nick looked down at his watch. He had just made it. Her plane had probably already landed and she would be there waiting for him so he would be able to avoid having to stay at the airport any longer because of fans. A large grin spread across Nicks face as he saw Lena standing by the window.

"Hey Lena," Nick greeted as he walked up to Lena and placed a gental kiss on her cheek.

"Hey baby," she replied, "I thought you had forgotten about me for a second."

"Nope never. I just feel asleep so I almost broke the sound barrier tyring to get here on time," he answered as they started walking in the direction of Nicks car.

"I'm sure you did," she responded with a wide grin, "I missed you so much Nick."

"I missed you too and that's why I am so happy that you decided to come out and spend some time with me baby," Nick answered as he placed another kiss upon her check.

"So what do you have planned for us?"

"Nothing really. I just wanted to spend some time alone with you so that I can have you all to myself."

"I could live with that," she answered as they reached Nicks car. Nick grabbed her bag and put it in the back seat of the car.

"I sure hope so," Nick told her as he entered the car himself and looked over at his girlfriend. A bright smile was plastered on her face as she kept her eyes fixed on Nick. He could feel her eyes on him as they drove to the hotel. Nick wanted to badly to just pull over and stare at her but he tried his best to keep his eyes fixed on the road.

The trip back to the hotel seemed longer because of the slower pace that Nick was traveling along with the mounting anticipation that Nick was overcome by. From time to time, Nick would steal a quick glance at Lena. Nothing had changed in the past few weeks, she had just become so much more beautiful to him. Lena turned her attention away from Nick and to the window. She was so overcome with happiness because of the oppertunity that she had to see Nick again. It had been way too long since they'd last been together.

She rememered the night before Nick had to leave to work with the boys again. They had spent the whole night making love and just being close to each other. Night after night, she would dream about being with Nick again. It seemed that everytime that the couple was reunited, they appeared to be so much more in love with each other. Nothing could tear them apart.