- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"God Nick I missed you so damn much," Lena stated as she pulled away from Nicks lips breathless. Nick smiled as he glared at her naked form.

"I know the feeling," Nick commented as he kissed Lena again. Lena moaned as she felt Nicks arms coming around her waist. A satisfied smile appeared on Lena's face when Nick pulled away from her lips. She sighed and cuddled up closely to Nick.

"We could stay like this forever," she mumbled.

"Ummmm... I wish," Nick replied as he pulled her body tighter to his own.

"This is all so perfect."

"I know," Nick responded as the two soon began to dirft off to sleep.

Nick opened his eyes and smiled when he saw that Lena was still fast asleep in his arms. Slowly, he brushed his finger over her cheek and smiled to himself. He loved how she looked when she was sleeping. Her facial expression always seemed so happy and satisfied. Carefully Nick slid out of the bed, hoping not to wake Lena. He smiled once again at her sleeping form as he pulled on a pair of boxers and sweat pants.

Nick sighed as he turned the tv on with the volume low. He wasn't tired and he didn't want to wake Lena. She looked so content. As he flipped through the channels, his mind wandered. Having nothing to do was so great. For the past several months it had been nothing but work, work, work. Finally, the time had come for him to be able to just sit there and do nothing. Nick closed his eyes, not really caring what was on the television screen and he took in a deep breath.

"What cha doin'?" Lena asked. Nick opened his eyes to see Lena standing before him in his t-shirt. He smiled as he looked at her.

"Nothing. I didn't want to wake you."

"I wouldn't have minded," she answered with a wink.

"I'm sure," Nick replied as he pulled her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder. Nick kissed the top of her head and Lena smiled as her fingers started playing with his short blond hair.

"Maybe we should run away," Lena mumbled.

"Run away?" Nick questioned with a slight chuckle, "aren't we a little old for that?"

"Uh-uh," she responded, "we could go to some island somewhere and forget about everything. There won't be any responsibilies. We could sell coconuts." Nick laughed at her suggestion.

"Are you alright?" Nick asked as he pulled her closer to him.

"Yeah, why?"

"Coconuts?" Nick asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with coconuts?"

"The fact that you want to go to some island and sell them," Nick commented, laughing.

"What's so funny about it?"

"Lena, think about it. You want to go to an island and sell coconuts. The people living there can just climb up and pull them off. Why would you pay for them if you can get them for free?"

"Oh come on. Just think about it. It would be so nice though," she replied, "You'd be right at the beach all the time and never have to leave. It would be great baby."

"Yeah well, we have lifes here that we just can't leave behind."

"I know. It would be nice to go on a vacation like that though," she answered.

"Someday baby. When I have a decent amount of time off. We'll go to an island where there are nothing but coconuts."

"Shut up," Lena said as she playfully punched Nicks chest.

"Hey, you were the one that wanted coconuts."

"I love you," she replied.

"Love you too," Nick answered. Lena smiled and slid off of Nicks lap. "Where you going?"

"No where," she replied.

"So what do you want to do today?" Nick asked.

"I don't know. What did you have planned?"

"Nothing really," Nick explained as he watched Lena walk back over to the bed and drop down on it. She sighed as she looked up towards the ceiling. He smiled and walked over to the bed to join her. Lena pushed him down and straddled him.

"Baby we need to talk.....," she said with her voice beginning to trail off.

"Why what's wrong?" he asked as he placed his hands on her hips. His eyes showed concern. Lena let out a long breath as she looked down at the man that she loved. She smiled as she looked into his eyes.

"Never mind. It's nothing," she said with a change of heart.

"No baby what is it?" Nick questioned, concerned.

"You remember Tim?" she asked, refering to the guy that lived in the apartment next to Lena's. Nick looked up at her. Afraid of where this conversation was going.

"Yes," he managed to choke out.

"While you were away we started spending some time together. It was nothing, it was innocent. Then one night.." she said stopping to struggle with her words, "things happened. I never ment for anything to happen. You know that but...."

"You cheated on me?" Nick snapped angerly.

"Baby please. Don't be mad. I missed you so much and I wasn't thinking. It just happened. I got my stuff and left as soon as I realized what happened," she explained pleadingly.

"Get off of me," Nick ordered as he stood up from the bed, "how could you do that to me!?"

"Nick it was a mistake. I never ment for it to happen. I didn't know..."

"How the hell could you not know!" Nick yelled, interupting her, "it's not hard to figure out what's going to happen when he's ripping your fucking clothes off!"

"I wasn't thinking. I didn't..."

"Shut up!" Nick yelled. "I don't want to hear your shit. Just answer this: How did it feel fucking him? Was he better than me? Did he make you scream and beg for more?"

"No. Nick, this was the biggest mistake that I've ever made. Please forgive me."

"How can I forgive you? How do I know that you're not going to do this to me again!? I mean once a cheater, always a cheater right?"

"It wasn't like that Nickolas!"

"You expect me to believe that!?!" Nick yelled, his anger rising.

"Yes! Nick, you know how much I love you. I was stupid, okay? We all make stupid mistakes. Baby please don't hate me."

"How can I not? You've made it pretty damn hard for me not to!" Nick snapped as tears started to fill her eyes.

"Nick, I knew this was how you were going to react! I never should have told you!"

"So then you would have lied to me? You would just move on and act like nothing ever happened. Yeah, that's a lot better."

"Well at least you wouldn't be acting this way!"

"I have the right to act like this! Lena, do you know how many girls throw themselves at me but I push everyone single one of them off of me because I knew that I had you? It's not that hard Lena if you really loved me."

"Nick, I do love you..."

"Leave me alone Lena. I don't even want to look at you right now," Nick screamed as he took off towards the bathroom. He didn't know where else to go.

"Nick!" Lena shouted as she grabbed onto Nicks arm. Nick stopped and turned to face Lena. His eyes were filled with rage. Lena looked up at him and whispered, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fucking cut it," he yelled as he tackled Lena down onto the bed. She screamed in pain as Nick put his weight on top of her.

"Nick.... ouch.... you're hurting me," she yelled.

"Like you didn't hurt me?" Nick growled.

"I never ment to!"

"Just shut the fuck up already!" Nick yelled as he grabbed a pillow and held it tightly onto Lena's face. Lena struggled to break free. Her arms and legs were swinging in every direction hoping to hit Nick so that she would be able to break free. Breathing soon became hard as Lena continued to struggle. Nick just pressed the pillow tighter onto her. Lena was fighting to stay awake. She was lossing enegry quickly. Soon Lena's body stop struggling, but Nick still held the pillow down, his rage begining to subside. Nick looked down at the pillow in his hands and quickly threw it to the top of the bed.

"Lena!" Nick yelled as she lightly shook her body. Panicking, Nick started to roughly shake Lena's body hoping to wake her up.

"Carter!" AJ yelled as Nick quickly turned his head to the door. What was he going to do?