- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"What's going on in there?" AJ yelled again.

"Nothing AJ. You can leave," Nick responded hoping that he would just leave so that he could figure out what to do.

"Are you sure? I heard a lot of noise coming from here," AJ said as he started to turn the door knob. Nick's eyes widened and his heart beat quickened as he saw the knob turn. He jumped from the bed in an attempt to prevent AJ from entering the room, but it was too late.

"AJ..." Nick said weakly. AJ looked at Nick, his eyes wide.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I told you. You can go back to your room," Nick assured him.

"Lena," AJ said, keeping his eyes on Nick. Nick could feel the sweat starting to form on his body. What was he going to do if AJ found out what happened? "Lena," AJ said again as he walked towards the bed. Nick started to slowly move towards the door. AJ reached his arm out and placed his fingers on Lena's neck. Nick slammed the door shut when AJ didn't say anything.

"What the fuck did you do?" AJ asked, scared.

"It was an accident, you have to believe me," Nick pleaded.

"She's dead Nick. We have to call the police," AJ explained carefully.

"No, we're not calling the fucking cops," he answered, his voice full of rage, but low enough so that only AJ could hear him.

"What do you expect me to?"

"Help me get the body out of here," Nick replied.

"Are you insane??" AJ snapped.

"No, I'm just not going to fucking jail alright!?"

"Look if we explained what happened, it'll be alright..."

"Bullshit. They're going to fucking lock me up no matter what!"

"And moving the body is going to do what?"

"Prevent me from being caught," Nick answered as looked at AJ seriously, "now you're going to help me with this."

"No, I'm calling the police," AJ replied as he pulled his cell phone from his pocket. Nick, once again blinded by his anger, tackled AJ onto the floor. Nick glared down at AJ, his eyes glazed over with anger and rage. AJ looked up at the person who he thought he had known for years. The person on top of him was full of anger and was deadly. AJ knew better than to fight with him, at least for right now because if he killed Lena, he was probably willing to kill him.

"What do I need to do?" AJ answered reluctantly. A smile spread on Nicks face when he heard AJ's words. Slowly, Nick stood up and walked over to the bed.

"We have to find a way to get Lena's body out of here without anyone noticing..." Nick explained, "we have to find some back door or something." AJ sat up on the floor, he didn't want to stand up. Being involved in this was making him sick to his stomach. AJ's eyes went to Lena's body. His heart broke. He'd known her so well, he'd even met her parents. AJ could see them now. Devistated, hurting because of the unnecessary death of their daughter.

"Are you listening to me?" Nick asked, bringing AJ back into reality.

"Huh?"

"I said that we're going to wait until real early, then we're going to sneak the body down the stairs and we're going to put her in my car and we'll just drive until we find a good place to leave her body," Nick explained.

"Fine," AJ replied emotionless.

"Do you know where the guys are going to be for the rest of today?"

"Brian already left for Atlanta. Kevin has some work that he wants to take care of and that's going to fill his whole day, and Howie, I'm not sure. He didn't mention anything."

"Alright, Howie shouldn't be a problem," Nick said assuring himself verbally.

AJ stepped out of the hotel room door and looked around. When he didn't see anyone, he alerted Nick that it was safe for him to come out. Quietly, they walked towards the stairs, keeping their eyes open just incase someone happened to come into the hallway. Once in the stairwell, they quickly and silently worked their way down. AJ once again stepped through the door first and took a look around. No one. He nodded and Nick came out and they walked outside to his car.

AJ watched as Nick opened the trunk of his car. Part of him wanted to end this right now and call the police, but he was scared. Nick put Lena's body in the trunk and slammed it shut. AJ opened the car door amd sat down, Nick coming in the drivers side. Resting his head against the chair, AJ shut his eyes. He was literally helping Nick get away with murder. Never again would he be able to face himself in the mirror for even going this far. Maybe if he had just listened to his inital thought, he would have went to Nick and Lena's room sooner and Lena might still be alive.

An uneasy silence had long taken over. AJ wasn't even sure if he was ever going to be able to talk to Nick again because of this. Sighing quietly, AJ turned to face the window. A tear was rolling down his cheek. How could he do this? Guilt was already setting in and he hadn't even went through it yet.

"This looks like a good place," Nick said as he pulled the car to the side of the road. AJ glanced out the window to see a river. Nick opened the car door but AJ prevented him from leaving by grabbing his arm.
"Are you sure? We can still turn back," AJ reminded him.

"No we can't AJ," Nick responded as he stepped out of the car. AJ didn't need to get out of the car. Nick could do this much on his own. He watched as Nick pulled Lena's fully clothe body from the trunk and walked to the edge of the cliff. Quickly, AJ shut his eyes, he didn't want to see what was going to happen next. He kept his eyes shut until he felt Nick get back into the car.

"You never saw Lena," Nick said as they began driving towards the hotel, "if anyone asks, you never saw her."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know but I'll figure it out."