- Text Size +
A.N.: Hey y'all! Here's the next chapter! The chapter following this one, will be the last one. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Hannah, fans, cops, Kirsten, & story idea. Kevin & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Kristin. Thank-you!

It was while they were shopping, that they met up with Kevin’s new love interest. Her name was Kirsten; her and Kevin had met at the very mall they were all in now. Kirsten had tan skin, like Howie’s, and shoulder length light brown hair. Other than that, she looked almost exactly like Kevin’s late wife, Kristin.

“Hey, Baby,” Kirsten grinned, upon spotting Kevin with Hannah. “Is this your little girl? The one you’ve told me all about?”

Kevin nodded, smiling. “Yes, this is Hannah. Hannah, this is Kirsten – my girlfriend.”

“Your what!?!?!?” Hannah exclaimed.

“Girlfriend,” Kevin repeated. “We’ve been dating for a few months now.”

Hannah scowled, though she politely shook hands with the woman – the intruder, in her opinion. “Where’s she work?”

“I’m trying out to be a Backstreet dancer!” Kirsten gushed. “I’ve waited my whole life to be a professional dancer!”

Hannah frowned. “That’s nice,” she said a bit snottily.

Kevin patted Hannah’s hip gently in warning.

Hannah hugged her father even tighter in response. She was not sharing him with this – this woman! Especially not so soon after un-expectantly getting him back!

“Ooh! It’s wonderful! You will come watch the try-outs, won’t you?” Kirsten cooed.

“Of course, Honey,” Kevin smiled, taking hold of Kirsten’s hand. Together, the three of them walked to the store where the try-outs were being held.

“You’re gonna tour again?” Hannah said, once Kirsten had left their side to go get ready.

“Soon as the world knows I’m alive, yes,” Kevin replied. “Why?”

“I don’t even get you to myself or nothin’?”

“Princess, we haven’t even put the album out yet. We’ve a few final touches to do, and then it’s going out,” Kevin informed her. “And after that, tour rehearsals begin. You’ll still get to see me. Don’t worry.”

Hannah huffed, but remained quiet. She watched the try-outs with her father, trying to ignore the stares they were getting – they’d gotten them while walking through the mall too.

“How’s about we go walk a bit?” Kevin suggested, after Kirsten had finished dancing.

Hannah nodded, not admitting that Kirsten was a pretty good dancer - almost as good as her Momma had been. She sighed somewhat. Her Momma had been teaching her how to dance, before everything got messed up that one stupid day.

Kevin squeezed her close, having a feeling he knew what she was thinking. “You can always have dance lessons, if you’d like. I know it won’t be the same, but you always did love to dance.”

Hannah shrugged, not so sure if she truly wanted to dance anymore.

“I don’t like Kirsten, Daddy,” she admitted finally. “I just – don’t trust her.”

“Because you’ve just met her, and she looks a bit like your mother,” Kevin replied knowingly. “I know what you’re thinking – everybody else did too at first. But I’m not dating her because she looks a bit like your Momma, and she’s not dating me just so she can dance.”

“Kay….if you say so….” Hannah whispered quietly.

“Trust me,” Kevin smiled, rubbing her back some, before hugging her close again – though, she was clinging tightly enough for both of them, with both her arms wrapped around his waist in a death grip.

They walked about the mall for a bit, Hannah still glued to his side, when Kevin finally announced he had to go to the bathroom.

Kevin gently pried his daughter’s arms off his waist, and kissed her forehead. “I won’t be too long,” he assured her. “I promise. I’ll be back.”

“Okay….” Hannah said softly, worry displayed in her green eyes.

“Stay put,” Kevin told her. “I don’t wanna lose you again, Hannah.”

Hannah gulped slightly, but nodded. Her Daddy wouldn’t call her by her name unless she was in trouble, or he was trying to make a firm point.

Kevin smiled at her and disappeared into the bathroom, leaving Hannah to sit by herself on the bench.

Hannah sat there for quite some time, before worry and fear took control over her and she entered the men’s bathroom to find her father. When she couldn’t find him, she came out in tears, as panic began to take hold of her body. She wandered over to the mall window, as the mall was on a bit of a hill, and people liked the view. She was shocked to see her father down at the bottom of the hill on the corner talking to some guy she’d never seen before. She frowned and gulped slightly as her father started coming back up the hill – spotting her spying on him. She quietly watched him come back up, and once he reached the top, it was only moments before he was at her side again.

“I don’t like being spied on, Hannah Marie,” Kevin said sternly.

“Who was that man?” Hannah demanded. “What’s in that envelope he gave you?”

“I’ll explain later,” Kevin answered.

“Why did you lie about going to the bathroom?!?!” Hannah exclaimed. “You could’ve just told me you had to go meet somebody!”

“Hannah! Enough!” Kevin snapped.

Hannah back up some, her hands immediately covering her bottom – though, she hadn’t been struck.

“Now, let’s find Kirsten and get home,” Kevin said. “We’ve some things to discuss.”