- Text Size +
Brian faced AJ, tears swelling in his eyes. Every emotion that he had bottled inside came streaming out in an instant. “Want to know why?” he asked, his voice rising slightly as he continued. “Do you really want to know?”

AJ nodded his head, his face showing no real feeling. “Why the sudden interest, AJ?” Brian cried out. “How come, all of a sudden, you are so fascinated with my problems? You weren’t before. Is it the fact that you read my journal, or the sight of the gun in my hand that is doing it for you? Huh, AJ? WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?” he concluded, his voice straining.

Suddenly he collapsed to the floor in front of AJ. His body shook with intensity as the sobs just poured out of his soul. AJ made no attempt to help his petite friend. He stood there, frozen in time and space, as if Brian’s words had seeped their way into this mind and shut everything off.

AJ was so entranced, he didn’t notice Brian lift the gun to his temple. He didn’t hear Brian cry out to him. He didn’t feel the emotion that Brian was feeling. His heart had turned to stone.

Brian looked up to his friend. The cold, round circle of the barrel dug deep into his skin. His eyes were drier now, but his pain was still there. Why was AJ even there if he had no way to help him? How could he just stand there and let his friend die?

Brian saw the glassy look in AJ’s eyes. AJ wasn’t even paying attention to him. “Fine!” he screamed. “Fine! I’ll do it, if that’s what it takes to get noticed! IT’S DONE!”

Brian took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.




I know this chapter is kinda short, but there is another one to go with it. It just felt better to split them up. Be prepared for another chapter in the next week or two.