- Text Size +
"I should have figured they would be useless in making sure everything was packed up and ready to go," Stephanie fumed with a slight frustration as she stepped out on the porch, folding her arms against her chest in obvious disappointment. Though, when Kevin followed behind her with the last small bag from the house, he could only laugh. Stephanie had been referring to AJ and Anya, who were goofing off like usual. And, when he laughed, Stephanie had to crack a smile. Today wasn't allowed to be sad. After several months of healing, the girls had finally sold their house with intent to move to Florida with AJ and Kevin. Everything had either been shipped or sold and now they were waiting for the van to take them to the airport. So, stepping into Kevin's embrace, she watched her little sister and her boyfriend. They had been attempting to pass a simple nerf football back and forth, but then AJ insisted on chasing Anya. She shrieked with laughter as she attempted to get away, but those attempts seemed to fail as AJ caught hold of her.

"Maybe so, but they're having fun," Kevin smiled, resting his chin on the top of her head. The sun had finally peeked out to warm the two couples as they prepared to start their new lives.

"When aren't they having fun?" Stephanie mused as AJ bum-rushed Anya, heaving her onto his shoulder to spin her in a tight circle. Any remanents of the hostage situation had long been buried with the months of rehabilitation. Of course, AJ still had a frequency of headaches, but Anya seemed to tell when they were coming before he did. Stephanie had to admit the two were a good match for one another. Anya had always been a goofball, but AJ seemed to compliment it perfectly.

"You have a good point," Kevin chuckled softly, leaning down to nuzzle her neck. It felt exhilerating to be going back home with the woman he loved and all of his brothers safe and sound.

"I think the only time I've seen them get mad at one another was when they were trying to decide whether to have Wendy's or McDonald's," Stephanie murmured, shivering as she reached up to cup Kevin's cheek against her palm. She had never expected to fall in love so quickly or in those dreadful circumstances. Yet, the opportunity had presented itself quite neatly. And she wouldn't have asked for it any differently. "But us on the other hand..."

"What about us?" Kevin whispered, his warm breath tickling her ear.

"We have a very exciting way of making up, so we fight all the time," she breathed, reaching to grasp the banister so she remained upright.

"We do have great makeup techniques, don't we?"

"O-Oh, yes."

"You'd be slightly upset if I said AJ taught me how, wouldn't you?" Kevin attempted with a sly smile, kissing her elongated neck, curving his arms around her waist.

"What--"

"Time to makeup?" Kevin guessed excitedly, almost like a school boy yearning for his first kiss.

"You did that on purpose, you little punk!" Stephanie turned in his arms with a raised eyebrow.

"I am not a punk. AJ is a punk."

"Then what are you?"

"Conniving," Kevin answered, leaning down to kiss his girlfriend. "But that still doesn't mean AJ didn't teach me those moves."

"Did he really?"

"What do you think?"

"...Your moves are too good to be his," Stephanie grinned, leaning up on her tiptoes to kiss him again.

"Thanks for the faith, Darling," Kevin laughed, cupping her face in order to kiss her back. That is, until he heard a loud thump on the lawn, followed by the rush of air leaving someone's lungs. Immediately, the older duo looked to see AJ and Anya in a tangled pile, laughing hysterically.

"You're such an ass!" Anya heaved with heavy breaths, obviously the one who had been squished within the pile.

"But you love this ass!" AJ cackled, grinning wickedly as he pressed a kiss to her sweaty cheek.

"Not anymore! I quit!" Anya announced, listening to Kevin and Stephanie laugh hysterically from the porch. That made Anya wrinkle her nose with disgust, attempting to locate her body parts from his. Whoever said AJ was graceful had been gravely mistaken. The man couldn't even run backwards without tripping.

"You do not!" AJ laughed as she began to wiggle. "Where do you think you're going, Anya Christine?"

"I'm trying to find my own ass in this disaster so I can leave!" Anya emphasized, impishly pinching AJ's behind. When he yelped, she pouted. "Guess that one's not mine..."

"You already knew that," he growled playfully, attacking her with kisses.

"I wanted to make sure!" she squealed with laughter, attempting to shield herself from his lips.

"How should we tell them it's time to go?" Stephanie murmured to Kevin with an amused smile.

"We could just leave them here..." Kevin suggested, leaning against the railing. He was always mesmerized whenever he watched Anya interact with AJ. She had given him back the spirit he had somewhat lost during the process of adusting to being sober and drug free. She had gave him the will to keep on the right path. And, when they played, Kevin honestly couldn't wait to have children. They gave him an exuberance he would never be able to describe.

"Kevin Scott," she chided softly, poking him in the side as Anya continued to giggle in protest while AJ just laughed and kept kissing her.

"Are you saying you would miss them?" Kevin sighed dejectedly.

"You know you would miss them, too--"

"Okay! Okay! Okay! I give! I give! Hey! Don't you hear me?! Uncle! I'm saying Uncle!" Anya yelped as AJ started to tickle her against her inner thigh, her most ticklish spot, as he contined to attack her with kisses. "Hey! Don't you know what Uncle means?!"

"Nope!""It means I give up! You can stop now!"

"Nope! Can't hear you!" AJ continued, trying his best not to laugh too hard as she squirmed wildly beneath him. Her cheeks were flushed red from the exertion as she giggled even louder than before, causing his heart great joy.

"What will make you hear then?!"

"You have to figure it out yourself--"

"He's ticklish right by his pelvic bone!" Kevin blurted with a grin.

"I AIN'T TOUCHING THAT!" Anya blurted loudly, causing Stephanie to sputter a loud snort of laughter.

"Good, that means I win--"

"Not-uh!" Anya whined, attempting to roll beneath him as if she thought she could crawl away.

"Okay, you two. This can finish once we're in Florida. The van is going to be here any minute," Stephanie finally spoke up after she calmed her laughter.

"Yeah! Get the Hell off me!" Anya grunted.

"I need a kiss first!"

Anya stilled beneath him as he held his hands up as a sign of surrender, though he continued to sit on her hips. "That's what you wanted?"

"Duh?"

"Alright, smartass, now you ain't getting shit," Anya huffed, bucking her hips so he spilled onto the grass. He flew easily, never expecting such an action, so she scrambled to get away. Huffing, she brushed the grass blades from her jeans before turning to Kevin with a firm pout. "Kevin! I want a new Backstreet Boy! Mine's defective!"

"You can't trade them in without the original receipt."

"Does the condom wrapper from our first time count--"

"ANI!"

"What?" Anya answered coyly, not realizing AJ was creeping up on her.

"You're grounded when we get to our new homes."

"From what?"

"From... um... AJ and Dominos pizza!"

"Phi--"

"I mean it!"

Anya furrowed her brows with contempt as if she were about to argue back, but suddenly, she brightened. "That's okay! I want Howie now!"

"I don't think so," AJ wrapped his arms tightly around her from behind and began suckling on her neck.

"AJ!" Anya screeched in shock.

"You can't trade me in for Howie."

"Why?"

"Because I love you too much."

Anya grew quiet when AJ confessed his deepest adoration for her, immediately turning in his arms. She loved how he admitted how much he loved her and wanted her. It gave her confidence that had been stolen from her many months before. And, whenever he told her those words, she always made sure to study his dark eyes, loving the way they flickered with a sharp passion. "I love you, too. Even if you are defective..."

"I think I'll ignore the defective comment," he smiled, resting his forehead against hers.

"Okay... as much as I love gushy moments, we've got to go! The van's here!" Stephanie replied as a horn briskly honked three times.

"Did we get everything from the house?" Anya called as AJ grasped both of her hands, tugging her toward the van. As excited as she was to leave, knowing she'd be starting at the prestigious medical school after summer, she couldn't help but look back on the home she and Stephanie had made.

"Yeah, I double-checked. We have everything..." Stephane trailed off as she stopped right outside the van. They had grown up in that house, but it was time to say good-bye and begin a new chapter.

"I thought so..." Anya agreed, stopping short when AJ hopped into the van after Kevin. She stood just beside her sister, looking back on what her whole past consisted of. "...Phi?"

"Yeah, Ani?"

"What happens if I don't like it in Florida..."

"You will, trust me. AJ and Kevin live right by the beach, you could go swimming anytime. You'll be learning so much at school... and I'll be right there with you along with a man who loves you very much."

"Yeah..." Anya trailed with a soft smile, the first to turn away from the house as AJ beckoned her inside the van. She yelped in surprise when AJ grasped her hands, tugging her quickly into the backseat, causing her to fall on top of him. "What?"

"Missed you," AJ replied with a simple shrug, kissing her softly.

"Did I mention how much I love you?" Anya murmured against his lips, leaning forward to kiss him once more.

"Yes, but it's always nice to hear."

"Showing is much nicer, though."

"Then show me," he chuckled as Stephanie climbed into the van and they headed towards the airport.

"You two knock it off back there," Kevin warned as he heard Anya's infamous giggle, though knew they wouldn't listen. Shaking his head with a soft laugh, he turned to see Stephanie fidgeting slightly. Carefully, he eased his arm around her, pulling her close to kiss the side of her face. "You alright, Darling?"

"Yeah," Stephanie answered after a few moments of silence, releasing a soft breath. She glanced toward her boyfriend and offered a smile. A true smile that had finally surfaced after those few terrifying nights at a boring job. She never expected that the convience store would change her life. And, she still did have the occasional nightmare. But, looking to Kevin, she knew that she wouldn't have to fear the unknown anymore. In fact, when they passed the convience store, she looked straight ahead. Toward the future. "Actually, I'm great."