- Text Size +
The entire room was in a shocked silence. Even Nick, who was shocked that he actually said that out loud. Nick took a few deep breaths and looked around the room. Brent had tears in his eyes. Nick’s shock turned to anger. “Why waste tears over something that you’ve never experience? It’s my life, move on.” Brent started to approach Nick. Nick started backing up until he backed himself into a corner. Brent reached over to place a comforting hand on Nick’s shoulder. Nick shrugged his hand off. “No Brent. I don’t want to be touched.”

Brent backed off. “Ok. Nick, when did this happen to you?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Nick, you can’t tell us you were raped than not tell us anything else.”

“I can and I will.”

“Nick.”

“No Brent. I didn’t even want to tell you that I was raped. It just came out.”

“Does the rest of the group know?”

Nick shook his head. “I’d never tell them.”

“Nick, you need to go to a hospital. You need to get tested.” Nick shook his head. He walked out of the room and into the kitchen. He poured himself a glass of water. Brent followed with Abby and Casey right behind him. “Nick. You NEED to get tested. Who knows what you could get from this.” Brent kept going on.

Nick sighed in frustration. “Brent shut up.” Brent looked at Nick in shock. Nick sighed again. “I was already in the hospital, I was already tested. I’m clean.”

Brent sighed in relief. “That’s good. Look on the bright side, at least you aren’t a girl and you don’t have to worry about how you might be pregnant.” Nick glared at him.

Casey glared at him. She marched over to where Brent was standing. Nick watched wide-eyed as Casey smacked him, hard across the face. “That was rude and insensitive. Now apologize to your best friend for making a joke when he needs you the most.”

“I’m sorry Nick. I didn’t mean to sound so insensitive.” Nick nodded his acceptance. “Now, how could you have been in the hospital on tour and the guys not know about the rape.”

“I wasn’t in the hotel when it happened. A stranger found me unconscious and brought me to the hospital. When I came around, I told the doctor what happened because I was afraid of what I could have got, but I begged him to not tell the guys. I told the guys I was beaten up.”

“Brent, Abby, can you two leave me alone with Nick?”

“I’m not leaving him.” Brent exclaimed.

“Brent please.” Brent looked at Nick. Brent didn’t want to leave the room.

Casey made eye contact with Abby. Abby knew why Casey wanted to be alone with Nick. Abby placed a comforting arm on Brent’s shoulder. “Even a best friend has to step aside sometimes. Come on Brent. We’ll go in the other room.” Abby led Brent out of the kitchen.

Casey moved a chair closer to the one Nick was sitting in. She placed her hand on his back. He wanted to shrug away, but strangely enough, he found himself comforted. He looked up at her. Once his eyes connected with hers, his eyes filled with tears. He looked away, but Casey put her hand under his chin and turned his head back.

“Nick, I’ll admit that I was never raped, but I partially know what you are going through.”

“How?”

She reached up and gently caressed his cheek. “I was abused. Never sexually, but physically and verbally. I can help you.”

Nick turned away from her. He rested his elbows on his knees, put his head in his hands and started sobbing. She got off of her chair and walked around so that she was facing Nick. She moved his elbows off his knees. He looked up and she could see his pain through his eyes. She gently wiped his tears away with her thumb. She sat on his lap and hugged him. He cried on her shoulder.

Brent heard him crying and stood up. “Brent, sit down, let Casey talk to him.”

“But he’s crying.”

“Brent, he needs to cry.”

“But, he,…”

“Stop.”

Brent conceded and sat back down. He was lost in his own world listening to Nick cry. When silence fell over the kitchen, Brent couldn’t take anymore and he stood up, ignored Abby’s protests and entered the kitchen. He gasped in shock at what he saw. Casey was sitting on Nick’s lap while they talked quietly.

Nick looked up when Brent gasped. “What’s going on here?” Brent demanded. Neither Nick nor Casey answered. Casey got off of his lap and sat back down in the chair she had previously deserted. “Will one of you please explain this?”

“Nothing happened. We were just talking.”

“Did she have to be on your lap?”

“He was upset. There was no way else to comfort him.”

“You could have come to get me.”

Nick stood up in anger and left the room. He stalked to his bedroom and slammed the door behind him.

“Are you happy now?” Casey ran out of the room, following Nick.

She knocked on the door. “Go away.”

“Nick, it’s just me. Please let me in.”

“Fine, you can come in but only you.”

Casey entered the room and closed the door gently behind her. She walked to his bed and sat down on the side. “You’ll be ok. You admitted it, that’s the first step to recovery.” Nick nodded.

Both Casey and Nick jumped when Nick’s bedroom door flew open. Nick groaned. Anybody could tell that Brent was angry. Nick groaned in frustration and threw himself into a lying down position. He was starring off into space while Brent was ranting and raving.

Finally Nick couldn’t take it anymore. He sat up abruptly. “Goddamn it Brent. Not everything is about you.”

Everyone was shocked at Nick’s outburst. “What?”

“You heard me. Before, when I didn’t tell you what was wrong with me, you were always talking about how much it was killing you that you didn’t know what was wrong, and even now that you know, you’re still making this out to be about you.”

“I’m not making this about me.”

“Yes you are. I was upset and you got upset because I was allowing someone else comfort me.”

“I’m just trying to help you.”

“If you want to help me, then be my friend, not my watchdog.” Nick lied back down. “I want to sleep for a little while.” Brent and Abby left the room. Casey stood up from his bed. He grabbed her hand. “Stay?”

“Are you sure?”

Nick nodded and she sat down on the bed. “No.”

“No?”

“I don’t want you to sit on the edge of my bed. I want you to lie down with me and hold me.”

“I can do that.” She lied down next to Nick and put her arms around him.

“Thank you.”

“Nick, I know you don’t want to, but you need to tell someone what happened when you were raped.”

Nick nodded. “I know.”

“You can tell me.”

“I think I would ruin my relationship with Brent if I tell you and not tell him.”

“We can go tell him now, or get him up here.”

“No. Sleep now. Talk later.”

“Ok Nick.” Nick and Casey soon fell asleep.

Downstairs Brent fell heavily onto the couch. Abby sat down next to him. “He’ll be ok Brent.”

“How do you know that? He’ll never be the same again.”

“Maybe not, but he will get passed this.”

“How come you made me leave the kitchen when Casey wanted to talk to him alone?”

“Because, Casey has abuse in her past. She can help him, not completely but any help is good.”

Brent nodded and looked down into his lap while he nervously wringed his fingers. Abby turned his head to her. “Don’t worry about Nick so much. He has three people who are here to help him.” She leaned up and brought his face closer to hers. She kissed him gently on the lips.

He pulled back abruptly. “I can’t.”

“Brent?”

“I can’t do this. Nick needs me, this isn’t right.” He kept mumbling why it wasn’t right. Abby kissed him again to silence him.

“I’ve liked you since we first met 8 months ago. I thought you liked me too.”

“I do, but Nick.”

“Nick would want you to be happy.”

“It’s not like he’s dead.”

“I know, I’m sorry, I worded that horribly. I meant that just because you have to help Nick, doesn’t mean you have to be single. You can have a girlfriend while helping him. Especially if that girlfriend wants to help.”

“You want to be my girlfriend?”

“Yeah.”

Brent smiled. “I’ve wanted you to be my girlfriend since the day I met you.” Brent leaned down and kissed her.

Nick woke up the next morning. He barely remembered the night before. He tried to get out of bed but was restrained by a pair of arms. He looked to his side and saw Casey sleeping beside him.

Casey woke up. “Hey, how are you feeling?”

“I think I actually got a good night’s sleep last night.”

“Well that’s good.”

“It’s because of you.”

“How?”

“You helped me realize that I’m not as alone as I thought I was. Then, when I asked you to stay, you didn’t hesitate. It was because you were holding me that I was able to sleep without being plagued by nightmares. So thank you.”

Casey smiled at him. “I’m glad I was able to help.”

“I think I’m ready to talk about it.”

“I’m listening.”

“I want to tell the three of you together.”

“Ok, well let’s go get them.”

Nick nodded. “Will you sit next to me while I’m explaining this?”

“Of course Nick. I’ll even hold your hand if you want.”

Nick offered Casey a small smile. It was an improvement. The first time he gave any smile, besides a fake smile, since the rape occurred. “Thank you, for everything.”

“What are friends for?”

Casey started leading Nick out the door. “Casey.” He pulled her back into the room.

“Yeah Nick?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Ok.”

“How come you changed your name?”

“How did you know about that?”

“I saw a news report about your father killing your mother and they mentioned that he killed your sister and your statement from your sister’s death, they said your name was Lindsay.”

“Lindsay is the name my parents gave me. When my dad killed my sister, my mom stood up for him. I wanted nothing to do with my parents and that included the name that they bestowed upon me. Now come on, let’s go remove this giant weight from your chest. The sooner you tell it, the sooner it will be over, the sooner you’ll feel better.” Nick nodded and allowed Casey to lead him down the stairs.

It was already late morning and Brent and Abby were curled up together on the couch watching TV. Nick and Casey entered the room. They made their presence known and Brent jumped away from Abby. She gave him a look. “Nick this isn’t what it looks like.”

“Do you even know what it looks like to me?”

“No.”

“Then how can you say it isn’t what it looks like. To me it looks like you finally got your wish.”

“So you aren’t mad that Abby and I got together?”

“No, I’m not mad. I know how much you’ve wanted this, from the time you met her. I’m happy for you that it finally happened.”

“We came down here because Nick has something he wants to say.”

“What’s that Nick?”

“I’m ready to tell you what happened.”

Abby stood up. “Come on Case, let’s give these two some privacy.”

“No. Casey stays, and you are staying too Abby. You were both here when I announced what happened, you deserve an explanation too.” Nick sat on the couch; Casey sat beside him like she promised. She grabbed his hand and gave it an encouraging squeeze. “It was three weeks before the end of the tour…”

FLASHBACK
“Y o, Nick, do you want to go out tonight, pick up chicks?”

“Not today AJ.”

“The rest of the guys are coming. It’ll be fun.”

“I’m pretty beat. I’m just going to relax by the pool and then head up to bed.”

“Ok Nick whatever.” AJ ran off.

Nick went up to his room. He changed into his swim trunks and headed down to the outdoor pool. He got in the pool and started swimming laps. When he started to get tired he swam to the edge of the pool. As he was hoisting himself out, his arms were grabbed and he was pulled, roughly, out of the pool. “Let me go. What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Once Nick was out of the pool, the man dropped his arms. Nick looked up. “Jamie?”

“That’s right Nick. But there’s no time for greetings, so get up.” Nick didn’t understand what was going on. Nick was getting up slowly. It was too slow of a pace for Jamie.

Jamie kicked him in the stomach. “I said get up.”

“What the hell was that for?”

“Get up.”

Nick still wasn’t on his feet fast enough for Jamie. He roughly grabbed Nick’s arm and pulled him to his feet, and then pulled him outside of the pool area.

He threw Nick onto the floor. Nick looked at Jamie. “What are you doing?” Nick looked Jamie up and down. He began to feel fear when he realized that Jamie was fully aroused.

“You like what you see Nick?”

“Stay away from me Jamie.”

“Oh, so you don’t like it. Such a shame, because you see this,” He reached down and grabbed the bulge in his jeans, “it’s all for you. I saw you swimming laps and it immediately turned me on. I knew I had to have it.”

“I’m not gay Jamie.”

“I know. But that doesn’t matter to me. You did this to me, so therefore you will take care of it.”

“Jamie, let me go, and I won’t mention a word of this to anyone.”

“Not happening.” Jamie kneeled down and crawled over to Nick. Nick tried to back away; Jamie reached for his leg and pulled him roughly so that Nick was lying on his back. Jamie yanked Nick’s swim trunks off. Jamie groaned when he saw Nick.

Jamie was getting closer and closer to Nick. “Stop, please. Don’t do this.”

“Every gay man’s fantasy, and I get to live it out.” Jamie lied down on top of Nick, pressing his arousal into Nick’s leg. Jamie kissed Nick fully on the mouth. Nick was struggling underneath him. Jamie broke the kiss and saw Nick’s face streaked with tears. “Are those tears for me, oh how sweet. Now you need to kiss me back.”

“No. Please, leave me alone. I’ve never done anything to you.”

“I can’t leave you alone Nicky.”

Jamie kissed Nick again. Nick forced himself to kiss him back. Jamie grinned in the kiss and stuck his tongue in Nick’s mouth. Nick bit Jamie’s tongue and kicked Jamie in his full arousal.

Jamie jumped back in shock giving Nick a window to grab his swim trunks and get up and start to run away. Jamie felt himself grow harder, if that was possible, as he watched Nick run away from him naked.

Jamie jumped up and ran after Nick. He caught up and threw Nick to the floor again. “Please stop. Please.” Now his tears were streaming down his face.

Jamie unbuckled his belt and lowered his pants and boxers. “Now, what you did really hurt. But you have the power to make it better.”

“Stop please. Don’t do this. Please. Let me go.”

“Not until I’m ready to.” He sat down right next to Nick. “Now, make me feel better. Suck me.”

“No. You can’t make me do it.”

“You will.” Jamie roughly grabbed the back of Nick’s neck. He forced Nick’s head down until Nick’s mouth was where he wanted it. “Now, suck me.”

Jamie was holding his head down so Nick couldn’t move. He had no choice but to do as Jamie wished. He took Jamie in his mouth, crying the whole time.

Nick purposely bit him hard. “You stupid mother fucker.” Jamie punched Nick with his free hand. He grabbed Nick’s hair and forcefully pulled his head up. “Play nice.” He pushed Nick’s head back down.

Jamie kept groaning, and then screamed Nick’s name as he came in Nick’s mouth. Jamie smile in sick satisfaction. “Now swallow.” Nick shook his head. Jamie punched Nick. “I said swallow.”

Nick forced himself to swallow. No sooner did Nick swallow, he gagged, then threw up.

“Oh, poor Nick.”

Nick was sobbing now. “Please, let me go.”

“I’ll let you go when I’m ready. Now. Lie on your stomach.”

“No. Please don’t. Please, I’m begging you.”

Jamie kicked Nick. “I said, on your stomach.”

“No. I’ve never done anything to you. Please stop.”

“You have done something to me and you’ve done it twice. Why don’t you look at what you’ve done to me?” Nick didn’t look. It was bad enough that he had see him aroused through jeans, and give him a blow job. He didn’t want to see Jamie fully aroused and naked. “I said look.” Jamie kicked him until he looked up. “Now on your stomach.” Jamie kicked Nick until he rolled over. Jamie laid his full weight on Nick and forcefully slammed into Nick from behind. Nick was struggling to get Jamie off of him.

“Please stop. I’m begging you, leave me alone.” Jamie continued to forcefully slam into Nick. Nick could feel the blood dripping down his legs.

Nick stopped struggling and resigned himself to what was happening to him. He was sobbing silently as Jamie continued to rape him. Jamie came with a scream, then stood up and pulled his pants up. He then continued to beat Nick unconscious. Once Nick was unconscious, he pulled Nick’s swim trunks up and carried him back into the pool area. He placed Nick on the edge of the pool, hoping he’d fall in.

END FLASHBACK

Nick was crying again. “What happened after that?”

“I woke up in the hospital, told the doctor I was raped and didn’t tell the guys. I stayed in the hospital for a week after that.”

“Nick. Jamie? Is that the Jamie we hung out with during the summers that I was here?” Nick nodded.

Casey moved her position into Nick’s lap and hugged him, rubbing his back comfortingly. Nick leaned into Casey’s embrace. She whispered soothing words into his ear.

~*~
Meanwhile


“Is everything set?”

“Yep.”

“Alright, let’s go get the boss out of jail.”

They drove to the jail house. They walked in shadows, killing the guards on duty. They stole the keys to the cells and ran through the prison. They found him and unlocked his cell and ran out of the prison into the night.

~*~


Nick was lying on the couch holding Casey. While Brent and Abby cuddled on the love seat.

“We interrupt this program to bring you a very important message. Last night at the county jail had a breech of security. Two men broke into the prison and killed all the guards that were on duty. They grabbed the keys to the cells and freed homicidal maniac Jim Shybell. He’s still on the lose so be cautious.”