- Text Size +
We entered the fancy hotel where we were supposed to meet up with Nick. We walked up to the reception desk and waited for the overly perky receptionist to notice us. Now that shouldn’t take long considering that Abby is jumping up and down because she couldn’t contain her excitement. The receptionist looked up. “Welcome to Caesar’s Palace. What can I do for you?”

I glanced over at Abby who was still excitedly bouncing and said. “The Mexican jumping bean you see beside me won a contest to meet Nick Carter and the contest said she could bring a friend. She’s the contest winner and I’m the friend.”

The receptionist told us what floor Nick and his entourage was staying on and we went to wait for the next elevator. Soon the elevator arrived and we arrived on the correct floor. The elevator doors opened and we stepped out. We looked out and decided on which way to go.

We rounded a corner complete confused as to where we were going when we bumped into someone. I looked up and scrambled to my feet in fear. Of course we’d have to bump into a big guy who looks as if he could kill us with his eyes. “Um, hi.” I stuttered.

“What are you doing up here? This is a private floor.”

“Um…umm.”

“I’m waiting for an answer before I remove you from the floor.”

“C…con…contest w…winner.” Abby stuttered, her excitement now replaced with fear.

The security guard softened and started laughing. Ok, now I’m confused. “I’m sorry.” He said. “I thought that you were just some crazy fans that snuck up here. Come on. I’ll take you to his room.”

We followed the security guard and my heart finally returned to its rightful spot in my chest. The security guard stopped in front of a door and looked in the pockets of his uniform. Soon he pulled a room card out of his pocket. He swiped the card and opened the door. “Here you go ladies. He’s somewhere in there. He shouldn’t be too hard to find, it’s a suite not a mansion.” He chuckled at his lame attempt at joking.

We walked into the room and the door closed behind us. Abby began to bounce again. “Will you calm down? You don’t want to startle him do you?”

“Nope.” Abby finally started acting like a civilized human being.

We walked around the suite looking for him. He wasn’t in the living room; that was obvious because that’s where we entered. He wasn’t in the spare room because that door was open and we could see in. He wasn’t in the little kitchen area. We walked passed the bathroom, and he wasn’t in there either, the door was open.

That meant he could only be in one place, the bedroom. We walked up to the door. It was closed so we couldn’t be sure if he was really behind the door or not. I knocked lightly. We waited for a few minutes but the door didn’t open and there was no response. Thinking that he wasn’t in the room, I opened the door to confirm my thoughts.

When I looked into his room, I was shocked to find him asleep. Abby pushed passed me to see in. She gasped loudly when she saw him on the bed.

I put my hand over her mouth so that she wouldn’t scream. As I was about to push her out of the room, I glanced over at the bed. I nearly screamed when I noticed that he was no longer asleep.

He was sitting up in bed starring at us. “Who the fuck are you?” He was angry. I never realized how intimidating he could be, until this moment. I could tell Abby was afraid of him too. We were both stunned into silence. “Well.” He waited a little longer for an answer. When we didn’t say anything he said. “I’m waiting for an answer. Oh better yet. Instead of telling me who you are, why don’t you start with what the fuck you are doing in my room.”

I saw tears start to form in Abby’s eyes and she ran from the room. This made me angry. “You know you could be a little nicer to your fans.”

“Well excuse me if I’m a little angry that there’s two psychotic fans in my room while I’m sleeping.”

“First, get off your ego trip. I’m not a fan. And second, Abby is not psychotic. She just so happens to be the contest winner that gets to spend a week with you. Although I can’t see why she would want that. Oh, one more thing. You could have at least been awake when your contest winner arrived.”

Nick looked like I had just slapped him in the face. I looked at him with a look of pure disgust and walked out of his room to comfort Abby. I couldn’t believe that I have to spend a week with that asshole.

Nick got out of bed and put on a pair of jeans and a different t-shirt. He ran his fingers in his hair to smooth his hair down a bit. I looked up at the door when he opened the door. I looked at him in disgust and got off the couch and started for the door.

“Wait.” He said. I turned to look at him while he turned into his room to grab something. Once he grabbed what he wanted, he approached me. “Before you act on the pure disgust you are showing and storm out of the room, you might want this.” Nick handed me the key to mine and Abby’s room. When I looked at the card, I noticed it was his room.

“We’re sharing a room with you?”

“No.” He said gently. “You’re sharing a suite with me, not a room. That’s your room.” He nodded at the spare bedroom. I gave him a dirty look and stormed out of the room.

Nick turned back to the couch. Abby looked up at him. There was an emotion in her eyes, but he couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was. To him it looked like there was hurt in her eyes. She spoke quietly. “For years, I have defended you to people, saying that you weren’t like most celebrities. I always had the impression that you were nice to your fans. You just proved me wrong. I was looking forward to this week I got to spend with you. Now I’m wishing that I hadn’t won this contest because this will be the worst week of my life. As soon as the week ends, I’m never going to support you in anything you do, and I’ll make sure my friends stop supporting you too.” She got off the couch and stormed into the spare bedroom.

Nick sat on the couch. He cringed when the door slammed. He placed his head in his hands.

I walked back into the room after I cooled off and saw Nick sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I almost felt sorry for him. “What did you do to my best friend?”

“She’s in your room.” He said quietly without changing positions.
He sounded so upset. I was really starting to feel sorry for him, I couldn’t believe it. I was torn between going to him and comforting him and going to see if Abby was alright. I decided to go to Abby, seeing how she is my best friend.

Abby and I were sitting in our room talking. I heard Nick moving around in the suite, but I didn’t care. Abby was telling about everything that she had said to him, and it was then that she said something that completely shocked me. “Casey,” Well first off, she called me Casey, I figured she would still be automatically saying Lindsay. “I don’t want to stay all week. I want to leave now and have more of a road trip with you.”