- Text Size +
"What do we do now?" Nick asked a stunned AJ.

"How am I supposed to know?" AJ snapped at him. "Maybe you should think of something for once."

Nick thought to himself for a little while. After about ten minutes of silence, Nick finally spoke up, "You know, we gotta tell Kevin."

AJ shot a confused look towards Nick. "It took you that long to figure that out?"

"Don't get smart with me!"

"Nick, face it, anybody is smart compared to you."

"That's not nice," Nick pouted.

"Well, DUH!"

Nick folded his arms and sulked for a few minutes. Getting annoyed with the way Nick was acting, AJ stood up and started walking towards the door. "Were you are going?" Nick asked when he noticed AJ's hand on the doorknob.

"I'm going to work. I'm bored and I really don't want to be stuck here with you any longer. Plus, anything is better than sitting here trying to figure out what to do."

"Do you really think you should go?"

"It doesn't matter if I think I should or not," AJ stated as he walked through the doorway. "Oh, and don't forget to tell Kevin about what we found out."

Nick caught the smile on AJ's face as he closed the door. "He did that on purpose! He left me here so that I would have to tell Kev! That jerk!"

Nick got up, ready to storm out and follow AJ to give him a piece of his mind. Just as he reached the door, he heard someone yell his name. He stopped dead in his tracks. It was Kevin and he sounded ANGRY. Nick slowly backed up. He turned around cautiously. He pushed open the already cracked open door at the sound of glass breaking on the other side. What he saw was almost unbelievable. He saw a furious Kevin trying to stop Nick's dog, Simba. Simba was having fun breaking anything and everything that got in the way of his ever wagging tail. Nick almost started laughing, but he called his dog instead when he noticed Simba heading towards the brand new stereo system.

Just like always, Simba came right to him. He was excited and wanted to play. Kevin had other plans for him. "NICK," he gritted under his clenched teeth. "You are going to clean this mess up, because I have told you a million times not to let your dog in here!"

Nick just nodded his head. He knew he was in trouble and he also knew not to talk back to Kevin. He had learned that lesson the hard way. He grabbed Simba's collar and led him outside to be tied up. Immediately after Nick stepped back inside the room, he began to pick up pieces of broken picture frames, glass figurines, and lamps. As he was picking up a knocked over table, he heard the door creak open. "Nick, we have to go. Rehearsal in five minutes."

It was Howie. "All right. I'm coming."

Howie walked out as Nick grabbed his jacket. "I hope I will be able to go through with this...." Nick thought as he closed the door behind him. Then they got into Kevin's car and drove off.