- Text Size +
Chapter 2

"Trust can be so easily broken...and what is broken is never really fixed."- Me

Dani and Cathryn sat in the waiting room of Dr. Samson's office looking through discarded magazines and talking about Cathryn's annoying neighbor, what off the wall thing she's done. "You need to quit." Dani laughed lightly.

"What?" Cathryn asked amused. "I think she has issues so what."

"The way you talk about your neighbor I swear."

"The woman thinks she's psychic Dans, more like psychotic if you ask me." She joked. Just as Dani was about to reply the nurse called her. "Do you want me to come with?" Cathryn asked, rising a bit out her seat.

"No I'll be fine." Dani assured her. Placing her purse next to Cathryn she followed the nurse into an examining room. The room was no different then any other. It had posters of happy parents and their children running about. Her eyes wondered around in till they came to rest of the nurse holding her clipboard.

"Is this your first child?"

"No." Dani smiled. "It will be my second. I have a daughter, Haley."

"That would make you a pro then." The nurse smiled warmly.

"I guess."

"Well, the doctor would like you to undress and put a gown on." The nurse then preceded to hand her one. "I'll be right outside the door so just knock when your done." Dani nodded and watched as the older woman closed the door. Sighing a bit she stripped down to nothing and slipped into the gown. She folded her clothes in a pile next to her then told the nurse she was done.

"Mrs. McLean." Dr. Samson greeted while following the nurse in. "I'm Dr. Samson."

"Hi."

"It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise." Dani hesitated.

"So how are we? I can see by your chart last time you where here you where experiencing pain."

"Just fine, the baby has been kicking up a storm today."

"I see you have a history of asthma...any problems?"

"No, none at all." Dr. Samson closed his clipboard.

"Why don't we take a look? Feet up."

"Oh, ok." Dani leaned back onto the table.

"I'm sorry but I must ask."

"Sure."

"Is it really necessary to have a full body exam this early in the pregnancy? It seems a bit out there."

"We won't again until the 36th week..." He stated wishing and drying his hands. The phone rand and the nurse answered talking to the front desk. "But...I want to make sure my new patients have a full exam on their first visit."

"Doctor..." The nurse hung up the phone. "It's Mrs. Bartel. She's calling again for the test results."

"Why don't you go ahead and give them to her, she's all cleared. If she has any questions I'll call her back."

"Yes, doctor."

"Oh, Janet, when your in the lab, would you call in the results of yesterday's Virupaps?"

"Yes, doctor." She turned on her heel and left off to the lab.

"Sorry about that." Dr. Samson turned back to Dani.

"It's ok." She weakly smiled.

"We're going to start with the breast exam." Dr. Samson stated softly while opening Dani's gown. He placed her left arm about her head and moved his hand onto her left breast and lightly rubbed it. He was looking dead into her eyes which only made her feel that much more uncomfortable. "Weather's been beautiful these days, hasn't it?"

"It has." She whispered.

"I love taking walks after rainstorms." Dani looked a bit taken back but didn't say anything. Dr. Samson half smirked at her as his thumb traced her nipple. Breaking eye contact he then moved the cloth from her right breast, mimicking his actions. Dani's breath caught in her throat as he did this.

"Somthing isn't right."She thought to herself.

"It's important that you be able to give yourself breast exams." He stated and moved to the end of the table. All while stealing glances at Dani's confused face.

"Yeah." Drifted from her lips as she pulled the gown together. The doctor then placed rubber gloves on, then moved the end of the gown up.

"Relax." He sighed spreading her legs. He then moved his hand out of view and removed the glove from his left hand, placing it in his pocket. He rested his right hand softly against Dani's stomach while placing two fingers inside her.

"No!"Her mind scream and she took in a sharp breath. His now cold eyes peering into hers as he moved his fingers within her. His eyes darted to her breast and he lightly bit his bottom lip.

----------------------------------

"Done?" Cathryn smiled as Dani walked up to her.

"I want to go home." She stated while looking towards the door.

"O...k?"

"I need t-to..." Dani didn't have time to finish. She reached into her purse and found her inhaler.

"What's wrong?" Dani just shook her head and took another puff.

"Just..take me home, I-I want to go home."