- Text Size +
ONE WEEK LATER……

“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” Gracie shouted the morning of her party after bursting into Alex and Morgan’s bedroom.

Alex, Nick, Brian, Kevin, and Howie had decorated the yard the night before after Gracie had fallen asleep.

“Gracie, hon, let everyone rest. Your party will come soon enough.” Alex said as he rolled onto his stomach half asleep and angry at his daughter for waking him up.

Morgan wished she could lie on her stomach again. She couldn’t wait to give birth.

She sat up and asked, “Gracie, what do you want for breakfast?”

“Cake.”

“Gracie, go back to bed or I’m canceling your party.” She ran out of the room and Alex told Morgan, “Lay back down.”

A few hours later, after they had woken up on their own, Alex and Morgan wandered into the kitchen where Gracie sat with Nevaeh, James and Devaigh. They were all eating Frosted Flakes except for Devaigh who was eating her toddler cereal.

Sitting down next to Devaigh, who, it was obvious, was having much fun feeding herself, Alex took over the spoon and managed to get more food into her mouth than she had on her body.

“Gracie, thank you for feeding them,” to Alex she said, “You are so giving her a bath.”

While Alex and Morgan were eating, Gracie helped Nevaeh and James clean up and get dressed.

She bounded back downstairs and asked, “When does it start?”

“Grandma Denise and Grandpa Tony (AJ’s stepfather in real life.) are coming at one. Grandpa Matt and Grandpa Scott and Grandma Emma are all coming at one-fifteen. Your friends should start coming at one-thirty. No go play or you won’t have a party.” Alex said.

A short while later, Nick and his kids, Kevin, Kristin and their kids, Howie, Leigh and their kids, and Brian, Leighanne and their kids came over. Soon after that Denise, Tony, Matt, Scott, and Emma arrived. Ten minutes later, the house was full of running, giggling nine and ten year olds, as well as the running, giggling kids of Backstreet.

The party went as planned, at two thirty, Gracie began opening her presents. Her favorite present was the one Morgan got her. It was a Little Miss makeup set. Alex absolutely “LOVED” it.

The party concluded with a solo performance of Gracie’s favorite Backstreet song, “As long as you love me,” by Nick, as promised. Brian and Leighanne had smiles on their faces throughout the entire song.

All of her school friends were gone by three forty five and peace had once again settled over the house because all of the kids, no matter whose they were, had fallen asleep, even Gracie who had insisted that Morgan give all of her girlfriends a makeover with her makeup before they left.

She was on the couch with her feet up leaning against Alex when gave her a look that clearly said, ‘It’s truth time. We have to tell them.’

She was nervous about telling them, “Guys, can we talk to you? We need to tell you something.”

“What Morgan?” her father asked.

“Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Denise, and Tony, you guys won’t know what this means just yet, but Kevin,” she said turning toward him, “You win the bet.”

Kevin jumped up and started dancing around looking extremely pleased with himself. He shouted, “I told you guys. So where’s my money!”

Howie, Brian, and Nick looked crestfallen. Morgan wondered how much money they had just lost. Kevin got a funny look on his face and said, “Wait a minute how did you and Morgan know about the bet Jay?”

“Kevin, you had a problem boasting that you were gonna win and you have a loud mouth.”

Leigh, Leighanne, and Kristin all said, “What bet?” at the same time with bewildered looks on their faces.

Alex explained for everyone who didn’t know, “D, Brian, and Nicky bet Kevin that Morgan was gonna have twins. Kevin, however bet the three of them that she was gonna have triplets and he won the bet.”

Cleary shocked, Morgan’s grandmother said, “Triplets??”

“Yeah. Two boys and a girl.” Morgan answered her with a smile.

Denise said, “You do realize don’t you that you guys are going to have….”

“Seven kids.” Alex cut her off.

“Wow. Seven kids.” Tony said.