- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's almost done. Just a few more chapters.
Morgan woke the day before her wedding very nervous. She was afraid that after they were married she was going to do something to mess it up and she would lose Alex forever.

There was a knock on her bedroom door and Denise walked in, “Hey sweetie, are you okay?”

“I’m just scared.”

“What scares you?”

“Right now everything does. I’m just afraid that after Alex and I get married tomorrow I’m gonna do something dumb and it’ll cause me to lose him forever.”

“That’ll never happen and you know it.” Denise said firmly.

“I know, but I’m still afraid of messing things up, I can’t help it. I look at my parents’ marriage and think, ‘what if that happens to me?’”

“It won’t. You and my son love each other. Nothing can ever come between what the two of you have. Nothing.”

Denise put her arms around her son’s crying fiancée and let her cry.

“I’m sorry. I’m just nervous I guess.”

“Anybody in your position would be.”

“Technically only one other woman has ever been in the exact position that I am now.”

“I know, but I was talking about brides in generally.”

“We’d better get going we’ve got a lot to do today.”

They guys, Alex, Brandon, Antonio, and James were staying over at Tony and Denise’s house until after the wedding. As were the groomsmen. The bridal party was currently residing in Morgan and Alex’s kitchen waiting for her and Denise to start their day.

They all had breakfast together and then talked about the days’ activities. A half hour later they left to go pick up the dresses.

After they had the dresses they went to get manicures, well all of them except for Devaigh and Emma.

Her bridal party was Gracie, Nevaeh, Leighanne Kristin, Leigh and Devaigh.. Gracie was her maid-of-honor, Devaigh was the flowergirl and Nevaeh, Legihanne, Kristin and Leigh were bridesmaids.

Alex’s best man was his son James. The groomsmen were Brian, Kevin, Howie, Nick, and Aaron.

Then the girls went shopping for the clothes they would wear to the rehearsal dinner that night.

Wherever they went they had a few fans stop them. They asked if she and Alex had gotten married yet and if not then when were they going to and all she would answer was, ‘No we haven’t.” Others wanted pictures, autographs or both. Some wanted to see Emma, whom Morgan showed off proudly, but would not let them take pictures of.

After a quick lunch t hey all went to have their hair done. When Morgan’s stylist was halfway done with her hair Em started crying. Morgan knew she was hungry, but they didn’t have any of the extra bottles with them because they had been sent with they guys,. So she would have to be breast-fed which Morgan actually preferred to bottle feeding. She had her stylist stop so she could go feed he daughter.

Two hours later everyone was done, so they headed back to Morgan’s to get dressed.

They left for the Sea Scape at 3:45 pm, and arrived thirty minutes later.

They guys had arrived minutes before and were waiting for the girls when they got out of the cars.

“Sweetheart,” Alex said as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. “You look gorgeous tonight.”

Morgan just nodded her head and said, “You don’t look so bad yourself.” As she smiled.

They went inside and sat down to eat. After everyone was done Alex stood up and said, “I just want to let each of you know what you mean to Morgan and myself. You guys have done so much for us and we’ll never be able to repay you for it. You’ve helped us get to this day. We wouldn’t have been able to do this on our own. And Morgan, “he said turning to face her. “I want you to know how much I truly love you. You mean the world to me. You taught me how to love again. You showed me that there is so much in the world for me. You gave me three beautiful children as well as Devaigh. Thank you. I love you sweetheart.”

Morgan had begun to cry. She wanted to get up and say something but she didn’t trust her voice.

A few minutes later, when she could trust her voice again she stood up and said, “Thank you, all of you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. I don’t know what there’s left to say that Alex hasn’t said yet except for I love you guys. Alex,” she said turning t him. “You’ve helped me grow in so many ways these past three years that I can’t believe it. You mean so much to me, and I can’t believe how much I love you. You brought Gracie, James and Nevaeh into my life and I’ve been able to watch them grow, and I love them so much. You’ve given Devaigh what I thought she’d never have—a father. And you’ve given me our three beautiful babies as well. I don’t think I can ever thank you for all you’ve done.”

Moments later Alex stood and confirmed, “Tomorrow at the reception Tony and Matt are going to give speeches instead of James and Gracie.”

Morgan’s father and Tony who had been informed of this months ago, nodded in agreement.

Everyone left a short while later but Morgan and Alex stayed behind for a few minutes.

“Hey, hey why are you crying?” Ales whispered as he pulled her into his arms.

“I’m scared.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Something has always happened when we’ve come here for something important. It didn’t this time.”

“It didn’t happen because I rented the entire restaurant for us. Nothing is going to happen. Now go home and get some sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

As she climbed up into her SUV, she turned back to him and said, “I love you Alex.”

He leaned up and kissed her goodnight “I love you too.”

He watched her drive away before heading to his own car. As he got into his car to go back to his step-father’s house he heard a voice he’d last heard five years ago. “Alex be happy. I’ll never forget you.”