- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wedding Time!!!!
THE WEDDING.....

(Morgan’s Morning)

“Morgan honey you have to get up. You have a lot to do today. Let’s go. Come on.”

Morgan rolled over and looked at her alarm clock and groaned. It was 5:00am. The ceremony wasn’t until 1:00pm, so why did she have to get up now?

She crawled out of bed ten minutes later and stumbled into the kitchen.

Everyone was already awake except for Devaigh.

“Good morning.” They all said sleepily.

“It’s not morning. It’s only 5:10am. Morning doesn’t start until nine or later possibly.”

Although she didn’t drink coffee, she poured herself a cup and drank it in five minutes.

They ate breakfast an hour and forty-five minutes later after Devaigh woke up.

Twenty minutes later after everything was cleared off the table Morgan went back upstairs and ran a hot bath (complete with strawberry scented bubbles) for herself. Everyone else was going to use other bathrooms to take showers. Denise was going to give Devaigh a bath and Leighanne was going to give Emma one as soon as she woke up.

Ten minutes after going upstairs she slipped into the tub, sighed, leaned her head back and drifted off to sleep.

(Alex’s Morning)

“Daddy!” James yelled. “It’s time to get up! You hafta get married today!”

Alex threw a pillow at his son and rolled over to look at the alarm clock on his bedside table. “Humph!” he grunted when he saw it read 5:00am. He wondered if Morgan was up yet.

He got up exactly ten minutes later at the exact time Morgan rolled out of bed.

The guys were all up and ready to get started on the day. “Good morning Alex.” Tony said.

“Morning doesn’t start until after 9:00am.”

Alex grabbed a cup of coffee and had it half gone before Antonio and Brandon woke up hungry.

An hour and fifty-five minutes later after everyone had eaten breakfast, they all headed to the showers. Well, three of them anyway, the rest had to wait because his mother’s house only had three bathrooms.

(Morgan and the Girls)

“Come on guys let’s go!” Denise yelled.

Everyone came out of the house carrying their dress and the flowers that had been delivered a half hour earlier.

Morgan walked slowly and was the last to get outside. She was extremely nervous now. They were on their way to the church. It was about an hour and a half to two hours before the ceremony was set to begin.

“Morgan hurry up or we’re gonna be late.” Denise told her.

Morgan closed the door and turned to lock it behind her. It was the last time she would cross the threshold merely being engaged. The next time she walked inside she’d be married.

They got to the church moments after the guys arrived and the girls all made sure that Morgan stayed inside the car so Alex couldn’t see her.

After the guys had entered the church Morgan got out of the car. The stylists had left the house only minutes before they departed for the church after finishing everyone’s hair.

They got to the room where they were to wait for the ceremony to start and began getting dressed. Morgan walked into the little bathroom and locked the door behind her.

She pulled her phone out and flipped it open just as it began ringing.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Hey honey, how’re you doing?”

“Alex,” she sighed. “Tell me again why you thought it was a bad idea to elope? I’m fine, nervous as hell but fine. You?”

“Same. I know you’re in the church but where are you?”

“I’ve locked myself in the bathroom. I’m supposed to be putting my dress on.”

“Well then you’d better get dressed otherwise my mother will yell at you.”

Denise yelled, “Morgan are you dressed yet??”

Giggling, Morgan told Alex, “She just did. I think they really want to see my dress.”


“They haven’t?”

“Nope. I wouldn’t let anyone go with me to my fittings.”

“Well then you’d better put it on. I’ll see you soon.”

“Mmmmm…Okay.”

They hung up and Morgan was somewhat calmer. She unzipped the garment bag that held her dress and stepped back to look at it.

It was floor length. It was white. There was a two inch wide strip around her chest that had been hand-embroidered with crystal beads. After the triplets were born the waist and chest area had been taken out a few inches and aside from more beads being added, she had had very very thin straps added to help hold up the top of the dress just incase she needed it. The veil fell to her waist. Her shoes were white satin ballet slippers. She hated being short but when she was with Alex she didn’t mind being reminded of it.

She undressed and pulled her dress on and went to the door and called someone to help her zip it up.

A few minutes later she walked out and stood in the middle of the room.

Everyone turned around and stared at her.

It was now fifteen minutes until the ceremony started. As her father walked in the room, Denise hurried out with Emma to go and sit down.

Everyone was in place five minutes later and Morgan was the most scared she had ever been in her life.

Alex was nervous too. He had not been this nervous at his first wedding.

He turned to look down the isle as the music started.

First came Baylee and Devaigh. They were so cute in their wedding clothes. Next was Kevin and Leighanne. After them came Nick and Kristin, who were followed by Brian and Leigh. Then came Howie and Nevaeh. Last was Aaron and Gracie. After they were in place at the alter he was finally able to see who he’d been longing to see all day.

The music ended and the Wedding March began. As everyone stood they turned toward the door through which Morgan and her father had walked.

She, Leighanne, Leigh and Kristin had been talking moments before and they had told her, “Just focus on Alex when you walk through the door and everything else will disappear.” So that’s what she did even though what she really wanted to do was turn and run. She kept her eyes on his face and nothing else. She was barely aware of her father kissing her cheek and handing her to Alex.

The minister gave his “Dearly Beloved” speech and then it was time for the vows.

Alex took a deep breath before beginning, “Morgan, you’re my world. Almost from the first moment I saw you I knew that one day we’d be where we are right now. You have taught me so much about life and about love. Without you in my life I don’t know what kind of man I’d be today. We’ve been through so much together. I can’t imagine doing this with anyone else. I love you.”

By the time he was done talking both he and Morgan had tears running down their faces.

Morgan smiled before she began. “Alex there’s no where in the world I’d rather be than where I am right now. You changed me. You showed me that true love really does exist. I wouldn’t be me without you. I love you.”

The minister then asked Alex, “Alexander do you take Morgan to be your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer ‘til death do you part?”

“I do.”

“And Morgan do you take Alex to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer ‘til death do you part?”

“I do.”

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Alex you may kiss your bride.”

Alex and Morgan then shared their first kiss as husband and wife.