- Text Size +
"Dude, calm down. You’ll be fine." Nick said.

"No, Nick, I won’t be fine." Alex replied.

Nick had agreed to baby-sit the twins and Gracie for him when he went out with Morgan. He had brought Savannah because Ashleigh was working late.

"Aj, you’ll be fine. The last time I saw you this nervous was the first time you went out with Vaeh."

"Nervous? I wasn’t nervous; I was terrified that her brother was going to kill me."

His kids came up to him and all at once they said, "Have fun daddy." it made him smile and relax.

A few minutes later he was on his way to Morgan’s house.

When he knocked on the door he heard Morgan yell, "Alice that had better be you." before she opened the door.

"Alice, where ha...."she stopped short when she saw who it was.

"What’s wrong?” he asked.

"My babysitter isn’t here yet. She was supposed to be here a half hour ago. "She half screamed as he stepped inside.

"I have an idea."

"What?"

"We can wait here for a while and if Alice doesn’t come then I can call my babysitter and see if he’ll watch Devaigh."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it’s not a problem."

"Thanks."

"You’re welcome."

Then Devaigh started crying, "I’ll be right back."

She soon returned carrying her daughter in such a way that he was reminded of Nevaeh and how she would hold their kids when they were babies.

"Would you hold her for a minute?" Morgan asked.

"Sure."

She handed him the baby and walked off. He looked down at Devaigh and said, "Hi sweetie pie." and she giggled. Hearing the giggle, he was flooded with memories of Gracie and the twins as babies.

A few moments later Morgan came back with a bottle and because of seeing Aj and her daughter she said, "You look comfortable."

"I always loved holding my kids when they were babies. Sometimes I didn’t get to hold them as much as I would have liked to.”

Forty five minutes later after she was done feeding Devaigh, Morgan said, "She is so fired."

Alex picked up his phone and dialed his home number.

"Hello, McLean residence, this is Gracie."

"Grace, where’s Uncle Nick?"

"Umm. He’s on the floor rolling around laughing because he was showing us pictures of you guys performing and he found some really funny ones."

"Can you put him on the phone?"

"Sure daddy."

"Thanks hon."

A few seconds later he heard, "You bombed it already didn’t you?"

"Nice to hear you have faith in me Carter. I need a favor."

"Sure, I owe you one after showing your kids those pictures."

"Would you mind watching one more baby? And what pictures did you show them?"

"No I don’t mind. And you’ll find out when you get here."

"Carter..." He was hung up on.

Turning back to Morgan he asked, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." She replied, picking up Devaigh in her car seat.

A few minutes later they were on their way to Alex’s house.

As they walked up to his front door Morgan was nervous. This was the first time that she had left
her daughter with anyone other than Alice.

Alex turned to her and said, "Don’t worry, Nick’ll take good care of her. She’s the same age as his daughter Savannah."

Almost as soon as Alex walked into the room where Nick and the kids were he was knocked over and greeted with squeals of, "Daddy, Daddy!"

He hugged his kids and realized that Morgan was laughing. He looked up and saw what she was laughing at.

He jumped up and grabbed the picture and threw it at Nick and said, "Carter payback’s a bi..."

"Daddy if you say that you’re gonna have to put a dollar in the swear jar." Nevaeh said.

"Sorry Vaeh."

He said, "Ok guys." to Morgan he said (as he pointed), "This is Nevaeh, James, and Gracie and that is Nick and his daughter Savannah."

To everyone else he said, "This is Morgan and her daughter Devaigh."

Nick said, "That’s the other baby I’m watching? She’s beautiful."

"Thanks." Morgan said blushing.

They began to leave a few minutes later when James said, "Remember that thing Uncle Nick?"

"Oh yeah, Aje, the record you had on the ceiling fell and the glass shattered."

"Did anyone get hurt?"

"We were all in downstairs. I cleaned everything up. Other than that everything’s fine."

"Thanks Carter. I’ll fix it when I get home." and he and Morgan left.