- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Muah hahaha! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB & everyone else owns themselves. Thank-you!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's (or Brian's - this chapter only) thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“Why the hell is the damn Nintendo all over the floor again?” Frick demanded. “You’re how old? Jeez. I would’ve thought you’d learned to clean up after yourself by now.”

“Look who’s talking,” I said not so quietly.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Exactly what it sounded like.”

“Argh!” Brian yelled frustrated, throwing my one game across the back of the bus.

“Hey!” I cried. “I don’t disrespect your stuff, so why are you disrespecting mine?”

“My stuff’s never lying around to disrespect,” he growled. “Yours always is.”

“So what?”

We continued to argue, until he got really mad and hit me.

“What the Hell was that for?”

“For being a selfish ass all these years!”

“I’m not the selfish ass in the group, the selfish ass just punched me for no good reason.”

The next thing I knew, we were wrestling on the floor like we used to, only it wasn’t playful wrestling this time around.

He started to hit me with anything he could get his hands on then, and I tried desperately to defend myself. Suddenly everything went black.

Frick’s view (what Nick doesn’t know):

“Oh my God! Nick? Nick? Nick!

I killed him. I killed him. I killed him! Oh, God, no.

I shook him then, but he wouldn’t wake up.

“Nick! C’mon buddy! Please wake up!” I pleaded with him, as my eyes began to well up with tears. “Nick! I never meant to hurt you! Oh, God! Please wake up!”

I kept trying and soon heard the other guys board the bus (we’d stopped at Mickey Dees).

“Good God! What happened in here?”

I looked up at Kevin, tears streaming down my face.

“I…I didn’t mean it,” I managed. “It…it was an…an accident.”

“Howie! Call 9-1-1!” Kevin ordered. “We need medical assistance a.s.a.p.!”

The ambulance arrived shortly afterwards, only to cause Kevin and I to argue once more.

I’m going with him, Kevin,” I stated firmly. “He needs me.”

“After all the pain you’ve caused him these past few years?” Kevin snapped. “I don’t think so!”

I shoved past him and hopped into the back of the ambulance.

“Go,” I told them. “Go NOW!”

The paramedic closed the back doors, and soon we were speeding off towards the Hospital. Once there, I requested that only I be allowed in his room until he woke up. The doctors granted me my request, totally pissing off the others, but, thankfully, there was nothing they could do about it.

“Nick, I’m sorry,” I began. “I never meant to hurt you as much as I have. I just thought it’d be for the best at the time, but I was wrong. Very wrong. I should’ve never ditched you like that.”

I then began to sing.

“I’d go anywhere for you. Anywhere you want me to. I’d do anything for you. Anything you ask me to. I’d walk carefree around the world, just to play Nintendo with you. Your friendship as far as I can see, is all the friendship I’ll ever need. Oh, I’d go anywhere for you. Anywhere you want me to. I’d do anything for you. Anything you want me to…”

I finished in tears once more. “I love you…Frack.”

Suddenly, more words popped into my head, and I began to sing again.

“I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, I will love you ‘till death do us part. I promise you, as a buddy and a friend. I’ll be your best friend ‘till the very end. With everything I am…I promise you, with everything I am…”

Interruption:

I could hear Frick calling me, but he seemed so far away. This highly confused me, but, then again, I’m always confused.