- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay! Finally we've reached the last chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB & everyone else owns themselves. Thank-you!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.

“Frack? Frack? Frack!”

“Frick? Frick? Frick!”

“Frack, wake-up! You’re having a nightmare!”

I opened my eyes, only to find Frick sitting on the edge on my bed staring at me worriedly.

“You alright?”

“I’m not dead?”

“No. Not yet. Kevin still doesn’t know you’re responsible for the super glue in his shoes.”

“What year is?” I asked, suddenly worried.

Frick gave me an odd look. “1995. Why?”

“I just had the worst dream ever!” I exclaimed.

“I know. I could hear you mumbling.”

“You didn’t wanna be my best friend anymore. You ended up married to someone named Leighanne. You ditched me for her. You had heart surgery. It was the year 2002. You said I was annoying. You called me just some dumb kid. You treated me like shit, and beat the shit outta me. You put me in the Hospital ‘cause you tried to kill me after throwing my Nintendo game across the back of the bus. You hated my guts. You…”

“Frack, none of that will ever happen,” Frick assured me. “I promise. Okay?”

“But what about you marrying Leighanne and saying I was annoying? What about the heart surgery? And you hating me, and beating me up.” “I wouldn’t doubt the annoying part, but as for the Leighanne thing, well, it’ll all depends on fate,” Frick answered. “Also, I could never hate you, because you’re my best friend. Plus, I always wrestle with you, but it’s all in fun, and nothing more. Now, as for the heart surgery, well, hopefully not, as my heart seems fine. We’ll just have to cross that bridge when or if we get to it, alright?”

“But…”

“Frack, a nightmare is a nightmare. Sure, it scares the shit outta you while it’s going on, and maybe for awhile afterwards, but it’s nothing more than ‘just’ a dream.”

“We’ll always be friends?” I double-checked.

“Best friends,” he smiled, wiping my tears away. “I’ll always be Frick, and you’ll always be my Frack.”

“Promise?”

“I promise you with everything I am,” he vowed. “You have nothing to worry about.”

He hugged me then, and stayed with me until I fell back asleep. I felt better just knowing he was there and always would be.

Interruption:

As you probably guessed, I was so happy to hear that it was only some stupid dream. I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared in my life. The others were surprised and confused nonetheless when they found us still huddled together the next morning. I thought for sure that A.J. would make fun of me, after Frick said I’d had a bad dream, but amazingly, he didn’t. I think they all somehow knew I’d needed Frick by my side. Well, like he said, he’ll always be Frick and I’ll always be Frack, forever.