- Text Size +
A.N.: Just so y'all know, anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Thank-you. Note: If it's kinda - ah - crappy, sorry! But I did write these a few years ago. Lol.
“Hey y’all, my name’s Brian Littrell. How y’all doin’?” The blond-headed Kentucky-man drawled.

He looks like a pretty nice guy. Though I’m usually not the greatest when it comes to judging people.

“Hey cous’,” Kevin replied smiling.

Good God, this man can smile!

“Hi. I’m Howie,” Howie said.

“I’m Alex, unless my Mom’s upset about something, then it’s Alexander.”

“Who might you be?” Brian asked, smiling warmly at me. “The mute?”

Ha! The mute! Good one. Boy has he got it all wrong. I’m the prankster that always manages to get into trouble somehow.

“Name’s Nick Carter,” I answered.

“Well, Nick Carter, kinda young, aren’t you?” He teased.

“No. Not according to management,” I responded.

“Boy, you sure are a witty one,” Brian chuckled. “I think we’ll get along just great.”

I grinned. Finally a real friend! Won’t Mom be proud?

“So, what y’all like to do around here for fun?” Brian queried. “Other than sing.”

“Sports, poetry, acting, ventriloquism, etc.,” Alex told him. “Nick here, is totally obsessed with Nintendo and basketball though. Can never seem to get him away from either one.”

Brian’s eyes lit up. “You like basketball?”

“Like it? I love it!” I exclaimed excitedly, as the other guys aren’t that great at it. “I’m the best outta everyone here.”

“Care to have a game?” Brian questioned. “If you’ve a ball, we can go play on that court out back right now.”

“Seriously?” I double-checked.

“Yeah, seriously,” he nodded. “Now, c’mon. Get the ball and let’s go.”

I quickly retrieved the ball, and the two of us hurried out back to shoot some hoops.

“So, you’re the best here, eh?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “The others don’t like it that much. They prefer football and billiards and stuff.”

“I’m pretty good myself…” he trailed off. “So, what are we playing?”

“Pig, Horse, twenty-one?” I suggested. “Don’t matter to me. You can pick if you want.”

“Let’s play Horse, as it’s longer than Pig, but shorter than twenty-one,” he stated. “Well, at least we hope it’s shorter than twenty-one.”

I giggled. “Yeah, sure. We really wanna have to go back into that boiling hot building.”

He laughed. “Guess you’ve a point. No one wants to be stuck inside on a day like today.”

“Exactly,” I rejoined, as I dribbled the ball some. “He shoots and he…”

I watched as the ball bounced off the brim of the net.

“Misses!” Brian supplied. “My turn!”

He took his shot, and cheered.

“Show off,” I muttered, as I went to stand in the spot he’d shot from. “I’ll make it this time!”

“Sure you will,” he said, suddenly appearing beside me. “And I’m Michael Jordan.”

“I thought Michael Jordan was taller?” I joked. “If I’d known he was this short, I would’ve tried out for a major league basketball team.”

“Just shoot the ball already,” he sighed. “Next time I’ll remember not to mention Michael Jordan.”

I took the shot, and groaned as the ball totally missed the net.

“Watch my next shot, it’ll be nothing but net,” he bragged.

Please don’t get it in! Jinx! Jinx! Jinx!

“And he scores!” Brian yelled. “Hello Mr. H.!”

“Oh, shut-up,” I grumbled, catching the ball. “I’ll get it in…eventually.”

A while later, it was down to the last point; if he got the ball in, I’d lose the game.

I watched wordlessly as the ball flew into the net.

“Aw! Man!” I groaned. “I lost!”

“You sure did little man,” Brian smirked. “About time too.”

“Who you calling little? I’m not much shorter than you?”

“No, you’re not. But I’ve more muscle.”

“I’ll get you for that!” I shouted, running after him.

We chased each other around until we were both tuckered out and in desperate need of water and the facilities.

~~~~~

Interruption:

See? Like I said, he was cool when we first met. He acted like a big kid, and me, still being a kid at the time, highly enjoyed that fact. Sorry for interrupting the story like this, but I felt the need to state my input.