- Text Size +
A.N.: Here's another chapter, 'cause the last one was kinda short. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea!

Note: Anything that's written all in italics, is Nick's thoughts. And the "Interruptions" are Nick interrupting his own story.




“Hey, Frick?”

“Yeah, Frack?”

“Wanna play some Nintendo before we have to perform?”

“Nah. I’m busy writing a letter to my girlfriend.”

“But you’ve been writing that letter for hours!” I whined. “I want someone to play with!”

“Bug A.J.,” Frick suggested. “Maybe he’ll play.”

“He’s too busy flirting with the girls in the hallway,” I answered, somewhat disgusted.

“What girls?”

“Magazine girls,” I replied. “Ones that just wanna get the dirt on us so they can ruin our reps, so Kevin says.”

“Then why is A.J. associating with them?”

“Kevin hasn’t caught him yet,” I guessed. “I dunno. What do I look like? His keeper?”

“It’s possible,” Frick shrugged. “Now, please let me finish this letter. It’s very important.”

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” I muttered. “Jeez. All you ever hear about, is Samantha this and Samantha that!”

“Maybe once you get a girlfriend, you’ll understand things better,” Frick snapped. “Now, shut-up!”

Grouch! Jeez. Maybe his name should’ve been Oscar, instead of Brian. Oscar, Oscar the Grouch. Yep. That definitely suits him today, and yesterday, and probably tomorrow as well.

“Hey Nicky, why the long face?” Howie wanted to know. “What’s eating you?”

“Never mind,” I grumbled unhappily. “It’s not important.”

“It has to be, if you’re moping.”

“I’m not moping!” I retorted. “Now, leave me alone!”

“Oh-kay!” Howie replied. “No need to bite my head off.”

Damn. Now I’m taking my frustration out on Howie. Maybe Brian and I should have another talk later. Hope he’ll be available; I don’t want advice from A.J. again. Now that was a total nightmare.


Later that night after the show…
“So, Frack, you wanted to talk?” Frick began. “What about?”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “About…stuff…”

“What kinda stuff?”

“Um…”

“Let me guess, Samantha?”

“Uh, yeah…”

“Look. I know I haven’t spent as much time with you as I usually do, but I’ve been really busy. What, with work and all, then the responsibility to take Samantha out on dates. Plus, Kevin’s been breathing down my neck about the deadline for the thank-you messages that are needed for the next album…”

“I know about all that,” I piped up, cutting him off. “Well, everything but the date part. I just want us to be able to spend some more time together, that’s all. I miss being able to hang with my best friend whenever.”

“I’m sorry if I’ve neglected you and made you feel second best, Frack,” Frick apologized. “You’re my best friend, no one could ever replace you. Especially not a girlfriend.”

“Really?” I asked skeptically.

“Really,” he stated. “How about we do something together tomorrow? Just the two of us.”

“Sure!” I grinned. “All day?”

“All day, Pal,” he smiled broadly. “Just us and security, and maybe the odd fan.”

My grin increased (as if it was actually possible, seeing as it already was gigantic). “Alright!”

~~~~~

Interruption:

Nothing can replace me? Ha! There’s a laugh! Ever heard of something called a wife, maybe? Jeez. What a liar he is. Oops. Sorry. Got a bit ahead of myself. Okay, way ahead of myself. Ah, well. No one’s perfect, especially not him!




A.N.: More italics stuff on certain words would've been shown, but I lsot a contest I worked really hard on. Stupid me thought I actually stood a chance of winning this time. But I guess I'm just one of 20,000 unknown like always.