- Text Size +
“Ana, it’s beautiful.” Michelle told her friend. Kristin, Leigh, Tara, Ivana, and Leighanne all nodded their heads in agreement.

Ana tossed her head back and laughed; then she twirled around and the skirt of her wedding gown flew up.

Her gown was beautiful. It was made entirely of white silk and the skirt fell gracefully to the floor. There was a ‘v’ cut into the front that showed just enough cleavage to be classy.

Her designer, Liza Hampton, walked out with the veil. She helped Ana place it in her hair and it fell to the back of her knees.

As she twirled around to show everyone her dress, Michelle snapped a picture of her. In the picture, Ana was surrounded by light because she was standing in front of Liza’s shop and the sun was shining brilliantly. She also had a smile on her face.

Nick’s phone buzzed. He picked it up and got a text from Michelle. It read:

DO NOT show Aj the
Picture I’m gonna send.
DO NOT SHOW HIM!

He sent her a message back that said: “I won’t,” and sure enough four and a half minute later his phone buzzed again.

Since Aj was in the fitting room with the stylist who was making last minute alterations to his black Armani tux, Nick called Kevin, Brian, Howie, Scott, and Trevor over to him and showed them the picture.

Everyone’s mouths literally dropped opened. Howie said, “Man if she looks that drop-dead-gorgeous just trying on the dress, she’s gonna knock him dead when he sees her in it in two days.”

“That’s for sure.” Trevor agreed.

“What’s for sure?” Aj asked walking back into the main room of the shop.

“Nothing.” Nick answered.

He sent Michelle another text and told her what everyone had said.

Michelle opened her phone just after it buzzed and laughed when she read the message.

“Okay Michelle, go put your dress on and we’ll see if we need to change anything.” Liza said.

Michelle walked back into the changing room where her maid-of-honor gown was waiting.

She undressed and put the strapless, floor-length light purple gown on.

It was beautiful as far as dresses went, but Ana’s was by far more gorgeous.

She had the designer’s assistant zip the dress and walked back into the main room.

Liza had her turn every which way and after a half an hour, she finally deemed Michelle’s dress perfect for the wedding taking place in two days.

While Ivana was changing into her spaghetti-strapped, light yellow, floor length bridesmaid’s gown, Nick sent a picture of Aj in his tux.

Ana was talking to Liza so Michelle called the rest of the girls over and showed them the picture.

When they all saw how different Aj looked, they started giggling. He didn’t look like himself, he looked more adult.

Tara said, “I love that pink tie, I think I have one.”


Ana walked over and asked, “What’s all the giggling about?”

Michelle quickly hid her phone and answered, “Nothing.”

About three hours later, they were finished with the final fittings and left Liza’s with their dresses in hand.

They went out to lunch at Black Bear Diner (a real restaurant with good food!). And then they headed home, well back to Ivana’s where they were staying ‘til the wedding, to get ready for the rehearsal dinner.

The guys left the Armani shop and headed to lunch too. Scott tried to talk them into going to Hooters but the rest of them knew if they did their girlfriends/wives/fiancées would find out and they’d be in heaps of trouble so they nixed the idea much to Scott’s disappointment. Instead they went to the Vintage Press, the very same place the rehearsal dinner and reception would be taking place.