- Text Size +
Both Michelle and Ana awoke very early on the morning of the wedding.

Since Ivana’s house had only three bathrooms with showers, and there were seven of them, Michelle and Ana took showers before waking everyone else up at five-thirty.

Ivana, Kristin, and Leighanne took showers as soon as they got out of bed while everyone else headed down to have breakfast.

As soon as the second three were done showering, the last two headed up. Ivana, Kristin, and Leighanne ate breakfast while Michelle and Ana began going over the check lists they had made for the day.

At exactly five am, Aj awoke with a start. He’d been having a horrible dream in which Ana had left him at the altar.

No longer able to sleep, he got up and went downstairs to the kitchen. His stepfather was already awake.

“Good morning Alex,” Tony said.

“Good morning Tony,” Aj replied.

“Something’s bothering you, what is it?”

“A dream I had.”

“What happened?”

“It was today. Everyone was at the church waiting. We had been waiting all day and Ana never showed up. She left me at the altar.” One of the things Aj loved about Tony was that he was so much more of a father to him than his own father had ever been.

“Scary huh? I had the same kind of dream before you mother and I got married. I think it means that because you’re getting ready to make such a HUGE change in your life that you’re afraid of what could happen.”

“That makes sense,” Aj said nodding his head. “Because I am afraid that things’ll get messed up and I’ll lose Ana. I don’t want that to happen.”

“You have to stay positive and remember that she loves you and you love her and that’s all you need.”

“True.”

By this point in their conversation, Brian and Trevor had joined them so Aj shut up because he didn’t want to repeat his dream again.

As soon as everyone else joined them, they began getting ready for what was the single most important day of Aj’s life.

The hair stylists arrived at eight-thirty and set to work at once. They would be coming with the girls to the church as well to make sure that not one strand of hair got out of place.

At noon, everyone piled into the waiting cars with their dresses and flowers in hand and headed to the church.

They arrived seconds behind the guys so they waited until every one of them was inside the church before getting out of the cars themselves.

They went to the “Brides Room” and began changing at once.

Ana had to have help buttoning her dress because instead of having a zipper, she had a hundred little buttons down the back of her dress. She also had to have help putting the veil on.

The flower girl, Chastity Claire, was running around the room like she’d been given an energy drink and the effects were just beginning to show up. It was hard to get her to sit still for the makeup artist.

Ivana’s make up (she was the last to have her’s done) was finished ten minutes before the ceremony was set to begin.

The makeup artists and hair stylists walked out just as Ana’s father walked in.

Everyone got into place as the music started to play.

First, Chastity Claire and Jordan Cooper (the ring bearer) walked down the isle. Tara and Trevor followed them. Leighanne and Scott went next. They were followed by Nick and Kristin. Brian and Leigh went next and then Kevin and Ivana. Michelle and Howie came last.

The Wedding March began and everyone stood. Ana and her father began their walk down the isle.

Aj turned away from Rev. Camden (yes I know that’s the name of the father on 7th heaven, I borrowed his name for this chapter. And I love that show and am so sad that it’s ending in two weeks.) and looked down the isle at his bride.

When her father handed her to Aj, she noticed that all three of them had tears in their eyes.

Once she and Aj were in place in front of the reverend, he began the ceremony.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If anyone knows a reason why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace,” after pausing for a moment he continued. “Let us begin. I was told that Aj and Ana wrote their own vows. Ana, would you like to go first?”

“Yes,” she took a deep breath before turning to Aj and beginning her vows. “ I didn’t know how I was going to do this Alex. I didn’t know how I was going to put everything I feel, all my love for you into a couple of words. And then I realized I don’t have to…this day shows it all.
Alex, you’re everything I ever dreamed of, everything I ever needed. I didn’t know the meaning of life until I met you. I never thought it was possible to love someone more than life, to dream of years to become someone’s wife. But baby, I do love you more than life and today I’m becoming your wife.
So you see, you made all my dreams come true, and in return I could promise you forever, but forever goes away. So instead I’m just saying I LOVE YOU and I know it’s true….me and you.
I’ve been through so much in my life and I felt like giving up so many times. But now when I have you beside me, everything I went through was worth it. Every tear that went down my face, every sleepless night, it all makes sense to me now. Because of you I’ve forgotten all the things I cried over, because of you I can finally say I’m happy, because of you I smile, because of you I live….because of you I love.”

When she finished, she and Aj had tears in their eyes again.

“And now you Alex.” Rev. Camden said.

He turned and looked deep into Ana’s beautiful eyes before beginning, “From the very first moment I saw you, I somehow knew that someday I would call you my wife. It was hard to choose a few words to describe my love for you and I realized that there are no words. Words wouldn’t do it justice.
You came into my world like a hurricane and taught me so much about life and love. Things I thought I knew. For years I dreamed of finding someone like you and when I finally did, I couldn’t believe how lucky I was.
All my life when I dreamed of my future, I dreamed of you. I didn’t know who you were or where I’d find you, but I’m thankful of who you are, that I found you, and that you love me.
Because of you my dreams are coming true today. Like you, I’ve been through so much in my life and there were many times that I felt like giving it all up. But now that I get to wake up beside you everyday for the rest of my life, it was all worth it. You’ve helped replace many of my bad memories with good ones. I don’t know how I’m ever going to repay you for all you’ve done, but I’m going to try. Ana, I love you.”

Rev. Camden was smiling when the two of them turned back to face him, “Do you Ana take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” she answered smiling.

“And do you Alex, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” he replied, his lips quavering.

“Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.”

As Aj and Ana kissed their guests began to cheer.