- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my readers for being so patient with me. Sorry it's taken so damn long to get this chapter up. Hope you enjoy it.
Nick had left two weeks ago and Michelle had no idea when he’d be back. He and the fellas had an appearance in upstate New York for the Make-A-Wish foundation and the Nick had some business he had to take care of in the city.

She thought back over the last two weeks and smiled. They had been the best two weeks of her life and she’d never been happier.

“That was Brooke Hogan with ‘Everything to me.’ After a short break we’ll be back with Taylor Hicks and his hit single ‘Do I make you proud?’”

After a three minute commercial break she came back on air with, “This is Syn and here’s Taylor Hicks,” and pressed the play button.

The song was half over when her producer indicated that when the song was over she had a call on line three.

The song ended a minute later and she pressed the button for the phone and said, “You’re on air with Syn, what can I do for you?”

“You can say yes.”

“Huh?” Michelle said just as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

She spun around to see Nick down on his knee holding a little black ring box.

He hung up his phone and said, “Michelle, I love you with everything in me and more, will you marry me?”

For a moment she was speechless and could only stare at him. Then she reached up and pushed the headphones off and jumped into his arms and whispered, “Yes.”

“I love you so much,” Nick whispered as he slipped the ring on her finger.

“I love you too.”

When she heard the cheering she looked up and saw the station manager, her boss, some of the other djs and producers. She laughed and wiped her eyes ad her producer said, “You heard it here first. Our very own Syn is getting married!”

Everyone came into her booth to say congratulations and then left to get back to their various jobs.

Andy, her producer, said, “Thirty seconds to air,” and pointed to her headphones. She jumped from Nick’s arms and right back into her chair and put her headphones on just as Andy signaled they were back on air.

“This is Syn and up next we have Aaron Carter with ‘Forever for your love.’”

She pulled her headphones down around her neck and told Nick, “You’re not going anywhere,” and handed him a spare set of headphones.

Jaxon popped his head into the booth and said, “Hernandez you can take off. I’ll get Ellie to cover for you.”

“Nah. I’ve got and hour left. I’ll last.”

“Okay then.”

“Thanks anyway Jaxon.”

The song ended and Michelle put her headphones back up and said, “For the last hour we’ll have a special guest with us. Nick say something to our listeners.”

He said the only thing that came to mind, a flashback to BSB’s very first music video, “Hi this is Nick.”

Michelle giggled, “Anything else?”

Nick shook his head, “Just that I love you.”

“Well I love you too and to show you how much I’m gonna play this for you!” She pressed a button and the song ‘If you want it to be good girl (get yourself a bad boy)’ came on. Nick hated that song so Michelle played it as often as she could.

After the song and commercial break was over Michelle took more calls. “This is Syn, what can I do for you?”

“Our sister’s getting married! Our sister’s getting married!!” was all they heard.

“Hello Jake and Anthony.”

“Congratulations guys,” the twins said.

“Thanks.”

For the duration of her show most of the calls they took were listeners calling to say the same thing her brothers said. And Nick’s brother, Aaron, and two of their sisters called.

When she finished her show they went home the happiest they’d ever been together.