- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so this is really chapter 18 but I decided to leave my "author's notes" chapter up. It's getting closer and closer to the wedding and after that will come the baby's birth and then the end of the story.
Michelle settled into life in Los Angeles quite easily. To her it was just like Florida but it had a bit of a faster pace. She and Nick had decided to move to L.A. straight away instead of waiting until after their honeymoon. However they would be flying back to Florida for their wedding in three weeks.

She was curled up in front of the lit fire place in the most comfortable chair ever working on her laptop on the update for Nick’s website. He had promised bi-weekly updates to the site viewers and as he was busy she was now doing it. The updates would include information about how they were doing a couple, the latest baby news and a small announcement on how the new BSB album was coming along.

She typed quickly.

We finally got to hear the heartbeat yesterday. For as long as I live I will never forget that sound or the look in Nick’s eyes. We still have a few weeks left before we will be able to find out the baby’s gender and already we’re fighting about it. He wants a girl while I want a boy.
Our wedding is now three weeks away. It’s approaching at an alarming rate and I have to admit that I’m nervous but happy and excited at the same time.
Speaking of time, Nick says to tell y’all that the album is coming along well and will be done in no time once we get back from our honeymoon.
When I have more news to share y’all will be the first people I tell.

Michelle

She shut down her computer, set it on the floor beside the chair and stood up. She walked down the hall, turned left and walked into the room that would become a nursery in about a month and a half.

Michelle pulled out a dress that had been hanging in the closet since they’d arrived in LA. The dress was actually one she had made for Halloween two years ago. It was white and in order for her to be able to wear the shoes she had bought yesterday while shopping with Kristin the hen would have to be taken down at least four inches. There were two inch straps holding up the body of the dress and the chest had thin strips of fabric connected with white beads all across it. There were thin strips of fabric connected to the dress just under the bust of the dress that would be tied behind her back. The bust itself would have to be taken out too, as would the side hems because she had gained a little weight since the last time she wore it.

This dress had come to mind immediately when Howie’s longtime girlfriend, Leigh, had asked about her wedding dress. And besides, why spend thousands on something she was only going to wear once when she already had the perfect dress?

Tomorrow she and her bridesmaids, Ana and Kymmy, and her maid of honor, Summer, her very best friend since toddler-hood, would be going to Victoria’s, the bridal shop they were getting the bridal party dresses from for the final fitting and so she could leave her dress there to have the alterations done. She also had to find a veil.
*~*~*~*~*

“Honey I’m home!” Nick yelled from the front door. Yeah, that was going to get old fast, especially since he did it every time he came home from anywhere.

Michelle was in the kitchen cooking because for the first time since moving, well aside from the first night, Nick was going to be home for dinner.

He and they guys were trying to finish up as many songs as they could before everyone flew back east for the wedding and everyone began their two week vacation.

Her back was to him as he walked in and he was glad because he had brought her a surprise.

All of a sudden she couldn’t see, but she could smell something sweet and flowery which meant that Nick had brought her flowers.

She spun around and hugged him, “How’d recording go today?”

“Ok, they’ve only let us go for dinner and then we’ve got to be back.”

“Oh,” she had been looking forward to spending the rest of the night curled up under a blanket with him watching movies.

“But,” he continued. “We’ve got tomorrow night off so we can stay in.”

Michelle perked back up, “Okay!” and smiled.

“Oh yeah, these are for you,” he said handing her the flowers.

“Thanks,” while he grabbed a vase for the flowers, Michelle turned her attention back to the stove to finish dinner.

It wasn’t anything fancy, just something that she had been craving all day. She and Nick both happened to think it was the best food on the face of the planet. They loved grilled cheese sandwiches and Campbell’s Tomato soup.
*~*~*~*~*

“Rise and shine!” a very perky voice announced. “It’s time to greet the sun.”


“Kymmy shut up!” Michelle yelled as she threw a pillow at her friend.

“We were supposed to be out of here thirty minutes ago,” Ana responded.

That got her out of bed. She bolted to the closet and grabbed the clothing she’d set out the night before and hurried through to the bathroom where she took the quickest shower of her life.

She sprayed her hair so it would stay kinked and had her clothes on and makeup done in four minutes flat. It took her another three minutes to locate the proper colored pair of Converse before she headed down the hall to get her dress before leaving for Victoria’s.
*~*~*~*~*

The five friends go to the shop five minutes behind schedule but there was no harm done and they got right to work.

Summer went first. Her dress was off the shoulder and skimmed the ground. Only the bottom hem needed work so she was done pretty quickly.

Kymmy and Ana both went next. The dresses these two would wear were tube-topish and like Summer’s skimmed the ground. Kym’s bust needed to be taken out and Ana’s dress was perfect.

Finally, Michelle emerged from the changing room with her dress on.

“Who designed that?” Lola, Victoria’s assistant asked.

“Who ever drew the pattern, I made this for Halloween two years ago.”

“Then why are you wearing it now?”

“Because I wasn’t going to spend thousands on something I’d wear for a few hours before it was encased in plastic to forever hang in the back of my closet. And besides, I happen to like this dress,” what she didn’t like was Lola.

Victoria pinned the places that needed to be altered and had Lola begin bringing the veils. After fifteen minutes of trying different veils, Michelle finally found the perfect one. It would require that her hair be pulled back in a knot so the comb holding the veil could be placed in her hair and it cascaded down her back until it reached her knees.

Victoria promised to have the dresses finished and ready to be picked up on the inside of the week. Once everyone had their “normal” clothes back on the girls headed out to lunch.
*~*~*~*~*

They decided to go to the Ivy, so that’s where Michelle drove.

They had just been seated when there was a tap on her shoulder. She spun around to see none other than Paris Hilton standing behind her.

“What Paris?” they had met twice before and neither meeting had turned out well.

“I know you probably think I’m here to cause trouble but I’m not. I’ve been out of the country until recently and had no idea that you and Nick were engaged. Congratulations.”

Before Michelle had uttered a word Kymmy spoke up, “They’re having a baby too.”

“Even more of a reason to congratulate you.”

“Thanks.”

Paris walked away and the waiter came and took orders.

After eating Ana, Summer and Kymmy decided that they wanted to go shopping so Michelle dropped them off before heading home.