- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Michelle Serena Hernandez and Nickolas Gene Carter coridally invite you to the.....
“Michelle!” Sarah yelled as she pounded on her stepdaughter’s bedroom door, “It’s time to get going. We have to be at the church in less than three hours.”

Michelle sat straight up; how had she slept so late? How had they LET her sleep so late? The wedding was mere hours away and there was still many many things left to do! Someone had to pick up the flowers and everyone needed to get their hair and makeup done. She had to shower and they all had to get dressed and get to the church ON TIME and she had SLEPT LATE!

She jumped out of bed, stripping out of her clothing as she went and jumped into what would be the quickest shower of her life. Five minutes later she was in her bra and panties wrapped in her fuzzy pink robe sitting in front of Drake, her hair dresser.

Forty five minutes later her hair was finished. She had dyed it black just days before and Drake had done it in tight ringlets. Her bridesmaids and maid-of-honor had their hair done in a similar way but their hair was pulled back into a ponytail with the ringlets in back.

Drake placed the wreath of Baby’s Breath on her head and held it in place with bobby pins, while Donna began her makeup.

When Donna finished they had exactly an hour to get to the church which was forty minutes away and Michelle still had to put her dress on.

She dressed as quickly as she could, with Sarah doing the zipper as they walked out to the drive way and the waiting limo. They arrived at the church with fifteen minutes to spare.

*~*~*~*~*

Nick had the opposite problem of that of Michelle’s. He’d woken up at dawn and no matter how hard he tried, he had been unable to get back to sleep.

Brian joined hi soon after and the two friends talked about something that had been weighing heavily on Nick’s mind.

“How are you feeling Nick?” Brian asked as he sat beside his friend on the deck, sipping the coffee he had just poured himself.

“I’m scared as hell.”

A simple “Why?” came from Brian.

“Because Brian, I don’t know who to be a husband. I don’t know how to be a father. I have no idea what I’m getting myself into. I don’t know what I’m doing!” he yelled the last sentence.

“You’ve got a right to be scared Nick. And don’t tell me you’re not ‘cause it’s written all over your face. I was down right terrified the day I married Leighanne. I had no idea what I was getting into. The same goes for being a father the day Baylee was born. But we’re still going strong and Bay’s growing up to be a great person. I figure I’m doing most things right and I’m learning from what I’m not doing the correct way and trying to get it right the second time. You’ll be a great husband and father. What you’ve got to remember is that you love Michelle and she loves you and in the end what matters most is what you’ve got. Love.”

“But what if I screw up?”

“Both Michelle and god will forgive you, you know that. And if you do, you’ll just have to try harder.”

“I’ll do my best Brian, I really will.”

“I know Nicky, I know.”

About an hour later they went back inside and began to wake everyone up to get ready and at ten thirty they left for the church.
*~*~*~*~*

Everyone got into place for the ceremony to begin.

The bridesmaids and groomsmen went first. Then the best man and maid-of-honor (Aaron and Ruthie who seemed to be getting along rather well *wink*) followed by the flower girl and ring bearer.

Finally the wedding march began. Everyone stood and turned to the doorway through which Michelle would walk, escorted by her father.

A few people gasped when they finally saw the bride. She had foregone the traditional white wedding gown for one that was colored deep red. There was a ‘v’ cut into the material between her breasts and the bodice was tastefully decorated with lace and glass beads. The skirt was long and flowy. Her shoes were the black satin ballet slippers she had worn during her last ballet recital her senior year of high school (her ‘something old’) and her bouquet was white roses, white lilies and baby’s breath.

When they got to the end of the isle her father kissed her cheek and gave her to Nick.

“Friends and family, we are gathered here today to join Nick and Michelle in holy matrimony. If anyone present knows why they should not be wed speak not or remain forever silent,” after pausing for a moment, Jack continued, “On this occasion we begin by asking God's blessing on this marriage service. Let us pray."

After completing the prayer Jack said, “And now ladies and gentlemen, the vows.”
“Do you, Nick take Michelle to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her/him, forsaking all others and holding only unto her?"

“I do.”

“Do you, Michelle take Nick to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her/him, forsaking all others and holding only unto him?"


“I do.”

“Both of you repeat after me, With this Ring I thee wed, with my Body I thee worship, and with all my worldly Goods I thee endow; In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; Amen."

Michelle and Nick repeated the words and Jack finished, “By the power vested in me by God and the state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Nick you may kiss your bride.”

Nick did as he was told and kissed his wife.