- Text Size +
On the outside she was calm, on the inside however, she was screaming. She had just poured her heart out to Nick Carter!

When she got to her seat Natalie was already there. “Natalie, hi.”

“Michelle you’re here!”

“Yup. I wouldn’t miss this for the world. Did you go to the sound check party?”

“No, why?”

“It was awesome.”

They would have talked longer but the lights went down and The Click Five came onstage.

The first song they did was “Lies” then “Time Machine,” “Just the Girl” and finally Michelle’s personal favorite “I’ll Take My Chances.”

About 15 minutes after The Click 5 left the stage BSB came on.

They started with a classic (let’s take a moment to reflect. Sad isn’t it how in just a few years BSB will be considered ‘oldies?’ it makes me so sad I wanna cry) song which was ironically, ‘Backstreet’s Back.’

They continued with some of their earlier music but skipped the one every last girl was screaming for.

Half way through the concert Nick spotted her. He went to Tony and said something to him while pointing. Seconds later Tony came to her and told her to follow him.

Moments later she was seated at the top of a short staircase that leads to the stage and down into the pit.

Michelle sat there and watched the guys perform ‘Beautiful Woman’ and when the song was over Nick came and sat down next to her.

Brian began talking to the audience while Nick began talking to Michelle.

“What are you doing?” Michelle hissed. She looked out at the audience and saw hundreds of thousands of girls giving her evil looks.

“I told you earlier. I’m trying to cheer you up. You’ll find out how as soon as Brian shuts his giant mouth.”

“Hmmph.”

“What,” he began pulling a look of mock insult. “You don’t believe me? You should, I’m very believable.” And he smiled one of his irresistibly adorable smiles and got Michelle to laugh.

“We’ll see Carter, we’ll see.” She replied with a smile still playing at her lips.

“How’d you get your ticket?” Nick asked.

“To the concert you mean?”

“Yeah.”

“Contest.” Came her one word reply.

“What kind of contest?”

“Had to stick my head in an ice bucket.” She answered without the slightest hint of hesitation as another smile spread across her mouth.

“What?!” he half yelled earning himself looks from Kevin and Howie as well as Johnny.

“Yup. Head in an ice bucket.” She said proudly.

“Seriously? What was your time?”

“Twenty seconds. It was actually a tie. I couldn’t keep my head under any longer.” She answered proudly again.

“You beat me!” he whispered loudly so as not to get any more looks from those who were now watching them.

“Yuppers, I know. I saw that episode on Weird World.”

He opened his mouth to say more but just then Brian said, “Nick has a surprise for someone. He told me he’d kill me if I said what it was, so Frack take it away.”

Nick stood up and grabbed Michelle’s hand—if looks could kill she’d be dead—and helped her stand too. He walked her to center stage and sat her down on this white stool that Brian had placed there before leaving the stage.

He smiled down at her and seconds later the opening strains of “I Need You Tonight” filled her ears.



Open up your heart to me
And say what’s on your mind, oh yes
I know that we have been through so much pain
But I still need you in my life this time

And I need you tonight
I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
It doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or right
I really need you tonight

I figured out what to say to you
Sometimes the words they, they come out so wrong
Always they do
And I know in time that you will understand
That what we have is so right this time

And I need you tonight
I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
It doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or right

All those endless times we tried to make it last forever more
And baby I know
I need you
I know deep within my heart
It doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or right
I really need you, oh

I need you tonight
I need you, oh I need you baby
I need you right now
It’s gotta be this, it’s gotta be this
I know deep within my heart
No, it doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or it’s right
All I know is baby,
I really need you tonight


Michelle sat on the stool staring at Nick, not really believing what had transpired. It was just last night she had been woken from a dream that had now just become reality; well half of it was now reality.

When she looked him in the eyes, he was still smiling.

Nick stood smiling down at her and he couldn’t believe she was crying. He doubted that she knew she was doing so.

He took her by the hand again and led her into the pit as Kevin walked onstage to perform solo.

Nick asked, “Are you alright?” echoing his words from earlier that night.

Smiling, she answered, “Yeah I’m alright.”

He sat with her until he was needed back onstage.

Michelle sat in the pit while she waited for Nick to finish the show. He had told her to wait for him and hadn’t said anything else.

There were two songs left in the show.

The first of the last two songs was “Safest Place to Hide.” Ironically she had begun to think of Tom as her ‘safest place to hide’ and she started crying. She hated how he had broken her heart in two.

The last song of the night was “Weird World.”