- Text Size +
Aaron drove his pickup, along the sand connecting to a huge lake, outside of Orlando. He slowed his truck to a stop and parked it.

" Where are we?" CJ asked, looking out of the window. Aaron laughed and pulled out a white cloth. CJ frowned, " What's that for?"

" Turn around." He told her. She slowly turned, her knees facing the door. He lifted the cloth over her head, " It's okay." He told her, tying the the cloth over her eyes, so she couldn't see a thing.

" Are you going to show me the surprise?"

" Yup. You know I couldn't asked you to just close your eyes and not peak, but....I don't trust you." He said, laughing at CJ's expression.

" Well, thanks a lot." She joked. Aaron laughed, and jumped out of the truck and jogged over to the other side. He opened the door and grasped CJ's hand.

" Careful........"

********************

He carefully led her down the beach. One hand holding her left hand and his other hand resting on her hip. Finally, he stopped her.

" Get down on your knees." He whispered in her ear. She obeyed and dropped down to her knees, hitting the ground lightly. Aaron moved out in front of her. CJ scents he was doing something, she just didn't know what.

" Okay, I 'm gonna remove the blindfold. And when I do, do you promise me that you won't open your eyes, until I say so?" CJ smiled and slowly moved her hand over his, holding it tightly.

" I promise." She whispered. Aaron smiled and slowly reached back behind CJ's head and untied the blindfold. He took it off and threw it to the side. He scrambled backward and leaned against a wall of rocks.

" Now.....open you eyes." He whispered. CJ slowly opened her eyes and her breath got caught in her throat. She was in a some sort of cave. A very small one though, about half the size of her bedroom back at home. It was well lighted with several sweet scented candles. She looked behind her and caught a glimpse of the sunset. It was the most beautiful site she has ever seen. A blanket laid on the ground, a basket lay on top of it. Tears welded up in her eyes and a happy smile tugged at her lips.

" It's so......beautiful." She forced out. She really didn't know what to say, she was too in awe and happy. ' This is just another experience.' She thought, " I wish they would never end.'

" CJ, come here." Aaron said, holding out his arms out for her. CJ quickly crawled into his lap, cuddling up close to him. She lifted up her head and stared into his eyes.

" This is beautiful." She lifted up her head slightly and kissed his jawline. He rubbed his nose against her soft cheek. He leaned forward a little and pulled the basket closer to them. He opened it and pulled out a red fresh strawberry. He sweetly brought it up to CJ's lips. She smiled and took a bite of the delicious strawberry.

" Mmmmm....."

" CJ?" Aaron whispered, his face in the crease of her neck. CJ opened her eyes and ran her fingers over his face.

" Yeah?" She whispered. He lifted up his head, his eyes looked tired and sad.

" How long are you going to be in Florida?" CJ looked up at him, not knowing what to say. ' Why did he have to ask that.' She thought, nervously. She closed her eyes, searching for the answer. She reopened them and Aaron's eyes, never left hers.

" Two weeks." She choked out. Aaron closed his eyes, then reopened them.

" Are you serious?" CJ sat up and faced him.

" I don't want it to be true, " She cried, " The one who wins this competition, is the one that will stay. And there's five of us, God knows who will win. " She stood up on her knees and cradled his face in her hands, " I'm not going back, if I don't win. Even if I'm forced to, I'm not going back. I can't go back."

" I don't want you to go back."

" I'm not. I don't belong there. I never have belonged there. I wanna stay here.......with you..."

" Wait.....what do you mean, you don't belong there?"

" I have no life there." She took a deep breath, " I got to tell you something. I'm a runaway." Aaron's eyes widened.

" Huh?"

" Kelly begged me to come. I refused at first, knowing it was the right thing to do. But she said something to me, that made me do what I did. My parents don't know I'm here, Aaron. But.......I'm not going back. I'm almost eighteen. In a couple more days, I'll be. They have no say when I turn eighteen. " She stepped closer and wrapped her arms around his neck, her face inches from his.

" I'm gonna stay here with you. This is my first experience, finding true love. And I"m not going to let that go." Aaron smiled and brushed his lips against hers softly. He deepened the kiss and lowered her to the ground, never breaking the kiss, once. CJ cradled his face and gently broke the kiss.

" Aaron, please don't ever let me go." CJ said, tears welling up in her eyes. Aaron replied, with his lips back on hers. He kissed her with all the love he felt for her.