- Text Size +
Aaron and Jay walked through the door and flopped down on the couch. Aaron paced the living room, shaking his head and muttering to himself.

" Jay, we have got to do something."

" What are we suppost to do, Aaron? Fly all the way to England and bring her back without getting arrested?"
Jay said, shrugging. Aaron sighed and pulled at his hair angrily.

" We can't just sit on our asses and do nothing, Jay!" He cried out in frustration.

" I feel your frustration man, I really do. But these are her parents were talking about. They must've had a reason to take her back home in the first place.

" Yeah, to beat her even more than she already has in the last eighteen years!" With that said, Jay's color faded out of his face.

" CJ-CJ gets abused?" He sat down in front of him and grabbed his arms.

" Do you know how many times I dread getting up every morning and finding out that she's hurt or worse not beside me, safe? I scold myself for even thinking about that and vowed to myself that it's not going to happen. CJ's out there all alone with the most hellish...most dangerous people in her life. With no one there to protect her and I'm sitting here feeling so helpless and stupid, when I'm the one that's suppost to be out there keeping her safe." He cried softly.

" Aaron, your my best friend. You never give up on anything or anybody. You fight for them until the end. I have always envied that about you, man. You are so smart and I know you'll figure out how to get her back soon enough. You always do." Aaron smiled and nodded. Suddenly the doorbell ran.

Aaron groaned, " If that's Craig, I'm going to be cracking skulls." He got up and headed to the door, with Jay right behind him. He opened it and Rob Wilson, the counties head cop stood before them.

" Rob." Aaron sighed in relief.

" Hey, Mr. Wilson." Jay greeted him with a warm smile.
" Hello, Jay. Aaron I got a call in about a mishap that happened at the airport earlier." Rob told him. Aaron groaned and gripped the door frame.

" Come on Rob. Don't---"

" I'm not going to yell at you, Aaron. I just came by to tell you some news."

" Great more news." Jay groaned.

" What is it now?"

Rob took a deep breath, " Boy's, CJ is missing."

" Wha??"

" She escaped right before she got on the plane. I got the call about ten minutes ago. Her parents told Joe Masters, one of the officers, that CJ will be going straight to you first. That's why I came to you first to warn you that a bunch of pissed off people are going to be looking for you. Their all on their way over here as we speak." Rob told them. Aaron's eye's widened.

" She's not here, Rob! I swear to God, she's not here!"

" I believe you, Aaron. Now I advice both of you to get out of the house right now. Drive around awhile and maybe if you have a theory about where she is, don't hesitate to call me and I won't hesitate to call you if I find her, Okay?" The boys nodded, " Good. Now the cops are everywhere, questioning everybody who have came into contact with CJ. Her friends, Mr. Johnson, Ms. Baker, the judges, everybody. Their even going to question, Craig. I heard."

Jay rolled his eyes, " Craig doesn't even know her."

" Knowing, Craig, he'll probably turn her in." Aaron said, crossing his arms across his chest.

Rob frowned, " Why is that?"

" He hates her."

" Well lets just hope we find CJ, before the others find Craig." He said, chuckling a little, " Well I'm gonna go. Good luck, boys." He put his hat on and tipped it toward them.

" Thanks Rob." He closed the door and started banging his head against it.

" I can not believe this!" He started to pace the living room over and over and over again. Jay looked up at him nervously.

" Dude, will you sit down, your making me nervous...." Aaron stopped and covered his face with his hands.

" I don't know what to do." He cried. Jay stood up and placed his hands on his shoulders.

" Take a deep breath man and think, " Aaron took a deep breath and looked up at him, " Try to get inside CJ's mind. If you know her as well as you think, you would know where she is? Where does she like to go? Some special place?" Aaron blinked and looked away from him.

* Then he saw it. Him and CJ at their special place. The place he first told her he loved her.*

A smile appeared on his face as he thought about that night.

" Do you know where she is?" Jay asked.

" Yeah....I do...."


**************************


Jay pulled up along the sandy beach at the Orlando City Lake.

" Okay, are you absolutely positively sure that she's here?"

Aaron chuckled, " No. But if I know her well enough....she's here." He opened the door and climbed out, " Get ready to call Rob." Jay nodded and took out his cell and got it ready. They climbed over the rocks toward the cave. Aaron took a deep breath.

" CJ?" He whispered as he got closer to the cave.

" Aaron?!" CJ popped out of the cave and ran into his arms.

" Your here."

" Of course I am." He kissed her lightly on the lips.

" How did you know where to find me?"

" Well, I guess I just know you too well." CJ giggled.

" Rob's on his way, man." Jay told him, after hanging up with Rob. He walked over and gave CJ a big hug.

" Okay." He lifted up CJ's head with his index finger, " Your safe now." She smiled and kissed him tenderly. Suddenly, police cars and a couple of cars screeched up.

" We have company!" Jay said alarmed.

" Oh great." Aaron pushed CJ behind him. Jay moved up behind her and squeezed her in the middle of him and Aaron.

" CJ!!" Kelly yelled as she jumped out of one of the car.

" Kelly?" She stepped out and embraced her. The other's soon followed, " Oh you guys! I'm so glad your here." She cried. The officers and the Martins walked over to them. Rob came running up and shielded CJ, partly.

" Young lady, you have caused us enough trouble tonight! Now you get in that cop car and you go home with your parents." The officers said, sternly. CJ took a step back and stared at the officer.

" Now, Chloe." Her father hissed.

CJ glared at him, " No. There is no way in hell, am I going back with them officer! They'll kill me!"

" Chloe your a runaway. That is a law back in England and you broke it. Your going to be fined for your crime. And if you don't come back now, you would face a trial. Do you want that?"

CJ shook her head, " No...."

" Officer, it wasn't all CJ's doing. I made her sneak out." Kelly told him, " And there's also an exception on that law. Usually what causes a girl or boy to runaway is if they have been mistreated or lonely. And the runaway has the right to stand up for herself and turn in her abusers. For CJ, that's the exception."

" Don't be ridiculous, Kelly. Chloe does not get abused. We would never do that." Mrs. Martin sneered at her.

" You wouldn't? Just wait, I have proof that you do." She sat down her bag and got out the recorder.

" What is that?" The officer frowned.

" Proof officer..it proves that their the ones that's guilty!" Mr. Martin growled and began to charge toward her but was stopped by Rob.

" You take one more step and I will arrest you." He said, glaring at him. Mr. Martin stared back at him and moved back.

" Go ahead, Kelly." Kelly pushed the play button and let the hell all sink out. The officers gasped in horror. Officer Masters stepped forward and took the recorder from Kelly. He played it over and over. With a sigh he finally have it back to Kelly. He smiled and turned toward CJ.

" Take care, Chloe." He turned and walked back to the Martins, " Mr. and Mrs. Martin, let's take a ride." The color drained from their face as the officers took a hold of them and placed them in the cop cars. The teenagers all erupted in happiness.

" We did it!!"

" Your free CJ!" Rose said, embracing her.

" Yeah, finally!" They laughed and jumped up and down. Just then Craig came running over to Aaron. Aaron glanced at him and turned away.

" Aaron?"

" Shut up!" He warned him. The others stopped laughing and became silent.

" I just wanted---"

" I don't want to hear it Craig!"

" Will you here me out please?" He pleaded.

" Aaron just listen to him." Rob said, calmly. Aaron sighed heavily and turned his attention back to Craig.

" What?"

" Look, man. I was wrong. I was really wrong. I'm sorry I tried to prove to you that CJ was no good. She is good for you. Since Britney, you have never been this happy. And I'm happy when your happy, cause I never want to see you sad or upset. I know you love CJ and I expect that. You deserve her. Maybe the reason why I did what I did, is because....I thought I was gonna loose you." He lowed his head to the ground.

" What? Craig....your not going to loose me. I'll always be your best friend and no girl...no matter who it is, is gonna get in the middle of our friendship, man." Craig looked back up to him and smiled.

" I thought you said, I wasn't your best friend?"

Aaron chuckled," Forget what I said." He grabbed him and embraced him. Aaron took a deep breath, " Were having a non gay moment." He told the on lookers. They cracked up and ran over to them. They laughed and hugged each other.

" Hey, CJ." Craig said, smiling down at CJ.

" Hi."

" I'm Craig Velger, " He extended his hand out to her. She smiled and took it, " It's nice to meet you."

" It's nice to meet you too."

" Look, I'm sorry for all the crap I said about you. Forgive me?" CJ smiled and reached up and gave him a hug.

" Yup."

" Cool." They both shared a laugh together. CJ let go of Craig and jumped into Aaron's arms.

" Well, Ms Martin...are you ready to kick ass?"

" Yup!"

" Huh?" The girls said confused. CJ turned her head and looked at them with a smile.

" I won the competition." The girls shrieked and attacked her.

" Aaagghhh!! Get off me!!!"