- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi. Please take the time to read through my story. Thanks and KTBSPA!
Nick looked heavily at his clock. His digital radio clock peered back at him showing that it was 2' o clock in the morning. It was barely morning but he was already ready for the filming of the video, Incomplete, which was going to take place that morning. He drummed his fingers impatiently on the table in front of him excited to film the video. This will be their first video single for their new album, Never Gone.
Finally, after a while of thinking what he should do, he decided to check on his band mates. He peered into the room of Brian, since his room was the nearest to Nick's room.
Brian was lying awake, his hands in the back of his head and he was looking at the ceiling, deep in thought. He didn't notice Nick as he came in.
The spell was broken only when Nick asked Brian, "What's up?".
"I'm okay." Brian replied, trying to sound normal, but he had a tremor in his voice, which Nick noticed.
"What's wrong, B'rok?" Nick asked concerned.
Brian's face was as pale as the moonlight shining from behind the closed curtains and his eyes were red from crying. Nick feared this situation was worse than Nick's past problems combined. A great silence then overtook them as they each thought about their own anxieties and insecurities that they each felt in the past and in the present. Then the silence was disturbed by Brian's sobbing. Nick was overcome with emotion and sat beside Brian and hugged him.
"Why did this have to happen?" Nick heard Brian ask.
"It's okay, man. We've been always here for you." Nick replied, "You don't have to say what happened.".
Brian sobbed harder at this statement.
"Why is the world slowly falling apart?" Brian thought desperately as he clung to Nick.
"I don't want to give you guys a hard time with the problems that I'm facing now." Brian replied looking up at Nick.
"No, it's okay. We've worked out problems as a group, and we still survived despite all the ups and downs that we had."
Nick told him soothingly, "We're on this together, Brian. You, me, AJ, Howie, and Kevin are on this together.".
At this very moment, Nick forgot the fact that he was wearing the outfit that he was suppose to be wearing in the filming of the video, and the fact that Brian was crying all over his blouse. Nick briefly thought about the new t-shirt was wearing, which was gradually being ruined by the tears. Nick put his negative thoughts out of his mind. Now, Nick prioritized the need to help Brian, as a friend, and as a brother. Nick hugged Brian tighter, which caused Brian to clench his shirt even more.
"It's okay." Nick told Brian quietly, "Tell me what's the problem.".
After a few moments of silence, Brian finally spoke up, "Baylee was sent to the hospital just a few hours ago. He was diagnosed with a rare sickness. They're saying his condition is worse.".
Then Brian burst into tears again.
"We'll just have to wait for the sunrise." Nick thought as he looked intently at the sky, seeking a new hope of a new day where the past will be left behind.