- Text Size +
Brian sat in his hospital bed, dressed in outside clothes, and ready to go wherever he would feel at home. He began to worry about what he will do and where he will go during the week break that was strongly recommended for him.
Brian looked up from his sea of thoughts when AJ and Nick entered the room.
As if reading his thoughts, Nick told him, "You can stay in my house.".
"Yeah." Brian replied looking quietly at each somber face.

After an hour of paperwork, they were ready to go. Brian rode with Nick while AJ and Howie rode with Kevin in his car.
"Um... Nick, thanks for letting my stay in your house," Brian began uncertainly.
"It's okay, Brian. I know you're not really ready to go back. I know you'll have a harder time taking an airplane and going home." Nick grinned, though deep inside he knew that Brian wasn't saying something concerning Leighanne.
"Yeah," Brian replied, "so when are you planning to...".
"How's Leighanne?" Nick asked interrupting Brian.
"Um..." Brian looked down.
He didn't want to see Nick's reaction when he told him the truth.
"We're divorced." Brian then replied.
Nick nearly rammed to another car because of his shock.
"Are you serious, Brian?" Nick asked after he finally recovered from his shock.
"Yes." Brian replied trying to hold his growing emotions back.
"It's not your fault." Nick tried to comfort him putting a hand on his shoulder while driving with the other.
"It's just... It's just..." Brian tried to say.
"It's just how life is." Nick frowned.
Ever since Nick broke up with Paris, he had been empty inside, but he knew that he should move on in life. Nick felt at that moment the growing tension of thinking about Paris.
"It's just that Baylee was sick at that time when we had to film the Incomplete video single, so I was really worried that..." Brian tried to explain but Nick interrupted him,
"Yeah, Brian. We know that, but why did it go all the way to getting a divorce? I mean seriously, you won't do anything that would make her that mad..." Nick replied.
"She said I wasn't a good father and that I didn't deserve..." then he broke in tears, not able to control his emotions any longer.
"It's okay, Brian." Nick comforted him, "We're always here for you, just remember that. We would never leave you whatever the cost.".
Brian looked up at Nick encouraged. There was something that he was saying that was familiar.
"I will never leave you nor forsake you." a verse from the Bible reflected back to him. Now he truly valued the time he allotted to memorizing Bible verses.
"That's just how life is/" he heard Nick's voice ring in his head.
He's mind then flew back to the time when he was singing solitary in front of a big congregation in church. He remembered the time he was hospitalized and he had a 0% chance of living. He remembered the energy that went through him as they were praying for him. He remembered receiving a call from Kevin in his American History class, which eventually led to his success with the Backstreet Boys. He remembered auditioning and the feelings of anxiety that he had. He remembered the experiences he had with the Backstreet Boys.
All the problems that they faced throughout the years came back to him and he realized one truth about their group which was not seen in any other ordinary singing group. They were a group that stood together over all the years and that still had the confidence inside them, which was loved greatly by the fans. This confidence, he realized, kept them going even after four years of rest from the music industry, and almost a decade of being in the music industry in total.
His thoughts then drifted to Leighanne, when they first met while filming As Long As You Love Me. Then he remembered the time when they said their wedding vows to each other in their wedding. He remembered the smile he had when Baylee was born and the smile Baylee had when he was growing up.
Then a thought struck him, "We have a purpose in life and sometimes there are some trying times that come to our lives which we can't stop but we can live through it.".
He realized at that very moment that a divorce wasn't the answer to all the problems that went through their family...
"Hello, Brian? Are you sick or something?" Nick asked him moving his hand over Brian's face.
"Um... no." Brian replied sitting straight immediately.
"We're here." Nick said, one of his hands in the steering wheel and the other securing the brake.
"Oh, okay." Brian said, relaxing back in his chair.
He noticed that they were in a McDonald's parking lot.
"Are we eating?" Brian asked Nick facing him.
"Yeah..." Nick replied rather uncertainly as he turned the car key in it's key hole to off the engines.
Nick went out of the car followed by Brian. Nick looked around for Kevin's car. Then he saw it, parked beside an Echo.
After their recent argument, Nick was really unsure of what will be Kevin's reaction when he saw him.
"Please, don't get mad at me." Nick said silently to himself as they both entered the fast-food restaurant.