- Text Size +
Even though he felt emotionally and physically strong, Brian didn't rebel with the one week rest that was recommended for him. He knew that there were still some issues in his life that he needed to reflect about.
He put down the book he was reading, Purpose-Driven Life.
He sighed pleasantly and looked up at the clear sky above him.
He was sitting comfortably on one of the beach chairs beside the swimming pool, though he did not plan to swim.
He decided at that very moment to walk around.
He stood up, stretching his cramped body.
He looked intently at his reflection in the swimming pool. He was a man now, not the teenager he used to know the last time he looked at his own reflection in a swimming pool with the other boys.
He smiled and reminded himself that, that was almost ten years ago.
He continued to walk around the pool and he reflected on the happy times he had with the other boys.
He remembered the time he was messing around with Nick. He then went way back and thought about the time when the principal of Tates Creek High School called him to receive a phone call from his cousin, Kevin Richardson. He remembered the feelings of nervousness he had when auditioning. He recalled calling his family and telling them that he was accepted in the audition. He remembered touring around the world and gaining many fans. He remembered attending Kevin's wedding, and realizing how a happy wedding it was. He remembered feeling his first kiss with Leighanne in their wedding. He recalled holding Baylee newly born in his arms, and feeling the satisfaction that he had always been waiting.
All the negative experiences that just happened to him recently faded away, like how snow would fade on a hot day.
With all these events encouraging him, he realized that he had a mission to fulfill. He realized that he was spared because God had something to do in his life and he knew all too well that he had something to do.
He brought out his long-neglected notebook, where he usually wrote all the songs that he composed specifically for an album that he was planning to release. He scanned through it and realized that he was inspired by his own hand, who was inspired by the one who protected him. He read through on of the songs, My Answer Is You. The lyrics spoke to him like quotes from his own heart.

"There's a world of difference when faith is in our hearts
It stands out like sunlight
Life becomes so dark
And when those around me ask why I dare to dream
Or why I love and why I sing..."

He looked up at the sun shining down at him.

"My answer is You, my answer is You..."

He felt tears build up in his eyes.

"You 're the hope that my hears it holding on to
Skeptics won't understand
It's strange from the world's point of view... Yeah
My answer is You..."

He then realized, at that very moment, that he had forgotten something very important. He had forgotten the very thing that held him together through trying moments such as this. He sat down and he prayed. He prayed that everything would go well in the production of the other music videos. He prayed that their album would do well. He prayed for the other boys: Howie, Kevin, Nick, and AJ; that they would be able to find peace and stability in their relationships. And most of all, he prayed for Leighanne and Baylee. He prayed that Leighanne would be able to get through the feelings of nervousness and depression that he knew she was facing right now, and he prayed for Baylee. Brian cried the hardest for him. He prayed that Baylee would be healed, and that the disease that is in his body would go away.
Most of all, he prayed that he would be able to fulfill his mission... the mission he was yet to do.
Tears were streaming down his face, but inside he was calm. He felt energy and passion feed through him like the satisfaction he gets from eating in a hungry state. He felt encouraged and more motivated to do his part.