- Text Size +
As Nick walked to the breakfast table, he noticed that AJ and Howie were already there. He was tempted by the smell of fresh bread so he bit into a ham and cheese croissant before saying anything more.
"Where's Brian and Kevin?" Nick asked after finishing almost two croissants.
"Their in Brian's room." AJ said gesturing to the direction of his room.
Motivated by the events that happened the night before, Nick quickly excused himself from the table and strode to Brain's bedroom.
A horrific scene met Nick's eyes. Brian was crying hysterically with his hands on his face, while Kevin had an arm around Brian and occasionally gave him the don't-worry-your-son-is-okay comment. Both looked up when Nick came in and Nick and Brian both hugged, as if they never saw each other for years. Sensing that his presence wasn't necessary, Kevin closed the door behind him and left the two of them alone.
Nick was the first one to speak after the brief moment of silence that they had. "We care about you, man. We really value it if you're happy.".
A small smile crept in Brian's face, after the night, it seemed.
"I know." Brian managed to speak out as fresh tears found his eyes.
They sat in Brian's bed and they started talking about the happy memories they had together.
"Do you remember the time when AJ almost ditched us for getting his trousers?" Nick asked grinning.
Brian laughed at the memory. They were young then. AJ had a particular pair of pants which he really loved and just before filming their video, Everybody, AJ told the group that he would be wearing those pants. Brian and Nick laughed at the idea of AJ wearing the pants, but AJ didn't mind them. When the actual videoing came, Nick took it from AJ's closet and Brian hid the trousers in his closet. AJ had to wear the tight faded jeans which was provided by the staff team. When he learned that they took his pants, he was enraged and complained that he had a hard time dancing with his 'jeans'. The whole group burst into laughter after that and finally told him that he danced great with his 'faded jeans'.
They continued to talk about happy events until the conversation was steered to the relationship between Nick and Paris which eventually didn't work out. Nick was rather uncomfortable about where the conversation was headed to so he finally told Brian that he would go to the breakfast table. Brian followed smirking as he went.
When they reached the breakfast table, they were done eating and were just staying to talk. As they saw Brian and Nick approach, a variety of what's up's and slapping of backs followed. They tried to be as normal as possible and showed their remorse for Brian's son. Brian expressed his thanks to them as he bit into his ham and cheese omelet. His face lighted up and Nick was glad that Brian was getting over his sad mood.
The morning was spent practicing the vocals of Incomplete.
When noon came, Brian received a call concerning his son from Leighanne. As he stayed in the phone, his face grew serious and the mood that he had the night before came back to him. When the call was finished, Howie, who was nearest to him noticed his pale face.
"Are you okay?" Howie asked about the tenth time that day, and Brian managed to say, "Yes.", as he felt his emotions grow stronger and tears build inside his eyes.
He fought back those tears, however, determined to continue the filming.
When they arrived in the beach where Brian's scene was to be filmed, Joseph Khan, the director, explained to Brian his situation. Brian, though exhausted from his sleepless night was determined and listened intently to Joseph.
"You have to look distressed and try to feel the emotions that the song gives you ..." Joseph voice rang out in his head, though Brian listened only to some of them. He was intently thinking about the situation which Baylee is in and what Leighanne was feeling at that very moment. Suddenly, his deep thoughts were interrupted by Joseph shouting to the crew, "Let's get the show on the road.". As Brian walked along the water trying to show that he was depressed, Howie shouted at him, "Brian, you can do better than that.". Then, as they came to the chorus, his heart became shattered. "I've tried to go on like I never knew you, I'm awake but my world is half asleep..." the words haunted him. He couldn't take it and he faced the ocean in order to avoid the camera from filming his distorted face.
"Good one, Brian, I knew you can do it." Kevin shouted over the crashing waves. Suddenly, numbness overtook Brian until he could no longer stand in the knee deep water and he fell on the chilling sea. The last thing he heard before he slipped into unconsciousness was the voice of Kevin asking him, "Are you okay?".