- Text Size +
"Are you okay, Brian?" AJ asked Brian looking at him through the rearview mirror.
"I'm fine." Brian managed to reply.
"Who called you?" Kevin asked who was beside AJ.
"Um.... Leighanne." Brian replied trying to look casual.
"Oh, okay. How is Baylee?" Howie asked with concern.
"Oh, he's fine." Brian lied not willing to say anymore.
"Oh, that's cool. You'll be able to concentrate on filming." Nick remarked.
Brian looked at the window at the passing hillside. Inside, he wished everything was as simple as what he verbally said. But he knew that life was not as easy as being said. He sighed at himself, at his situation, at his career. Everything was getting worser for him. Every direction he went, it seemed, trouble was there to greet him. Drowsiness finally overtook him and he fell asleep.

When he awoke, he found himself in a cemetery. In front of him was a gravestone that had the name Baylee embedded on it. Brian knelt down, so he could see the name clearly. Littrell was embedded after Baylee. Brian cried because of the message engraved which was, "This unfortunate child died in a young age because he lacked the presence of his father.".
Then as he stood up, he found himself arguing with Leighanne, who was signing documents.
Then he saw himself with Nick, snoozing around in a bar, which he sweared never to go anytime.
He then found himself in a hospital room, with the faces of his band mates peering down at him.
"How is his condition?" he heard Nick ask.
"Worse." Kevin replied laying a hand on him.
Suddenly he was awakened from the dream by AJ.
"Come on, Brian. You need to wake up." AJ nudged Brian in the shoulder.
Brian pretended to wince in pain but instead burst out laughing. He had no idea why he was feeling jolly when his dream was gloomy.
When Brian went out of the car, he found himself in the place where the scene of Howie and Nick would be filmed.
Joseph Khan was already explaining the scene to Howie and Nick when Brian approached them.
"...you shouldn't look at the camera as much as possible. Remember, you are distressed, not modeling." Joseph told Nick and Howie.
After that, Nick went to his places. The filming continued smoothly with an occasional comment from Joseph.
"Put a little dough on it." Kevin shouted from where he was standing.
Nick was obviously trying to do his best. AJ chuckled. Nick really looked funny trying to 'act it out'. Brian smiled at his friend. He could clearly see the gift of acting which is within Nick.
"He's really good." Howie commented to Brian seeing the small smile appearing in his face.
"Yup." was Brian's only reply.
He took this opportunity to think about Nick and their relationship. Then his thoughts drifted to his dream. He shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. "Is their relationship about to go too far?" Brian thought. He hoped he will still have control over himself whatever circumstance he will face.
He smiled only to think about the present situation he was in. He tried to keep his emotions back fearing that it might interrupt the happiness that the band is enjoying.
Then he noticed Nick and AJ approaching him. He froze.
"Nick and AJ can't see me like this." Brian told himself suddenly looking down at his shoes. It was the same shoes he wore when he was crying his heart out to Kevin, the same shoes he wore when Nick comforted him and the same shoes he wore when he fell in the ocean, thinking about his future and his present circumstance.
Then a voice inside him urged him, "Get yourself together, Brian. Life is a journey. Our only way of living through this journey is not letting our imagination take the best of you. You and your imagination are two totally different people and should not be compared.".
Brian was deeply encouraged by the voice that spoke inside his head and silently whispered a thanks.
He smiled at Nick and AJ and told them, "Let's call it quits, shall we?". So the three of them laughed and chatted in the car until they reached their hotel.