- Text Size +
"Okay, Brian. This is your final shot. You miss that shot and you loss in your career." Joseph shouted at the speaker.
"Yeah, Brian, you can do it!" the other Backstreet Boys yelled at him.
Brian smiled. They've been together for so many years and this is a time when their true brother ship will be tested.
"Ok, in 3, 2, 1, go!".
AJ's voice sang in the stereo player, "... without you, within me, I can't find no rest.. where I'm going.. is anybody's guess..".
Brian tensed with nervousness waiting for the next line. Brian's hands were clasped and his face creased, and he bounced his emotions with the music. He was surprised when he succeeded in the end.
"That was great, cuz." Kevin slapped his back.
He heard similar comments from AJ, Howie, and Nick.
Finally, Joseph approached Brian and told him, "Brian, you've done good. I knew you can do it. Even though emotionally, you were not prepared, you were able to bounce your emotions with the music. I'm really proud of you.".
Brian was touched by what he said and walked to his room a taller man.
"Yo, B-rok, what's up?" Brian heard a voice behind him ask him.
Brian turned around to face AJ.
"I'm feeling good, AJ. How are you doing?".
"I feel great, but not as great as you feel" AJ replied while snickering.
"Wow, gee, AJ, get a load of yourself." a feminine voice replied.
"Oh, Leighanne, what are you doing here?" Brian asked rather nervously.
"Hi, AJ." Leighanne smiled at him. "and hi, Brian." Leighanne turned her glance to Brian with a cold stare. Brian couldn't take his wife's gaze, especially in the situation that they were facing now.
"Brian, let's talk business in a more private setting." Leighanne told him in a matter-of-factly manner, "AJ, would you excuse us.".
"Yes, Leigh." AJ replied, backing off in a surrender gesture.
"What's got into her... and Brian?" AJ thought as he backed away from the both of them.
AJ bumped into Kevin while walking toward his room.
"so, is Brian okay? Is he happy?" Kevin asked.
"Yup, he's really happy." AJ replied.
"Where's he?" Kevin asked again looking around him.
"He's talking business with Leighanne. She's here now." AJ told Kevin.
"Oh, okay." Kevin replied and did not continue further with the subject.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Brian?" Leighanne screeched at him when they finally reached a private spot.
"I've never done anything wrong, why are you shouting at me?" Brian shouted back.
"Yes, you did. You abandoned your own family in exchange for that freakin' tour!" Leighanne's eyes filled with tears.
"The tour is not starting until next month, Leigh," Brian told her, "there is nothing you have to worry about.".
"Oh, you're saying, Brian, that I don't have the right to worry, when Baylee is in the hospital being applied intensive care procedures while you just sit back and enjoy the show." her aggressive emotions came back.
"You think that I don't put the family as my first priority, but I do. I know God will heal Baylee like how he healed me... You just have to believe. I've been praying for him every night." Brian said hugging her.
"Don't say those things to me, because you know what? I had it!" Leighanne broke his hug and backed away from him. "I don't think you're worthy enough for anyone." she said. Leighanne held up her hand, revealing in her palm her wedding ring.
"This is for you, Brian. You might as well have it since I never will be seeing you again." she threw the ring at his feet.
Leighanne slowly walked away.
Then she turned back to Brian, to say her last words to him, "By the way, you don't have to go back home.".
Leighanne walked to her parked car, unlocked it, and drove away until her car was just a dot in the desert.