- Text Size +
"What's taking Brian so long?" Howie asked as he ate dinner with Kevin, Nick and AJ.
"I think he's still talking to Leighanne." AJ replied munching his Salisbury steak.
"But Leighanne's car is not there." Nick said.
"How did you know?" Kevin asked.
"I just walked by the parking lot before dinner." Nick told the group, "By the way, I also didn't see Brian's car too.".
"What?" everyone except Nick said in unison.
"Yeah," Nick replied, I think he is in trouble.

Brian wiped tear drops from his eyes while trying to focus driving.
"How did all of this happen, anyway?" Brian thought to himself while he bit his bottom lip anxiously in order to avoid the tears which were there all along to burst.
He could hardly see though his tear-clogged eyes and he didn't know where he was headed. He just wanted to get away from everything and be alone where he could think about the events that occurred.
He finally stopped in a side street and secured the brakes in his car. He went out and looked at the stars above him.
"The stars guided travelers from afar and lead them to the place where Jesus was." he thought.
A tear rolled down his face when he thought that if the stars could guide travelers, then the maker of them would guide him through this difficult circumstance. He now felt desperate for a guide to lead him to the right path.
The chorus of his first single, In Christ Alone, reflected back to him:

In Christ alone, I place my trust,
and find my glory in the power of the cross.
In times of victory, let it be said of me,
my source of strength, my source of hope,
is Christ alone...

While trying to organize his thoughts, his cell phone rang inside his pocket. He answered it without knowing who it is.
"Where the heck are you?" Nick's voice rang out in the phone.
"I'm in Parkway Dr." Brian squinted at the street sign in front of him.
"I'm driving now." Nick said, "I gotta find you. We need to talk this over.".
Brian hung up the phone nervously. What if Nick saw him like this? Then all the anxieties that he was thinking about came to him as a slideshow in his mind. He was worrying of what will happen to his family life and of what will occur in the future for his career. He regretted doing the mistakes he had done and everything came back to him like a tidal wave. He burst into tears, regretting the fact that he was aloud to live and forgetting about the very purpose why he was still living. He found it very difficult to live in this present situation and he began to think about all the negative things about him. He thought of all the errors he did because of listening to the impulse in him. He ran a hand through his hair, thinking of what can be done so he could improve.
Suddenly, flashes of light came toward him and he was blinded by the sudden change of setting. He then felt pain in his temple as he fell to the pavement. He began to lose consciousness and the last he saw was Nick getting out of his car and running to him...