- Text Size +
"Brian!" Nick shouted as he saw Brian fall to his left and hit his head.
"Are you okay?" Nick asked Brian which he failed to reply.
"Talk to me, Brian!" Nick shouted as he surveyed the injury that Brian had.
"Oh my gosh," Nick whispered to himself as he saw blood trickle from his head.
Then the truth dawned at him.
"He's unconscious and bleeding." Nick thought as he began to wonder what he would do.
Then a car pulled into the street and AJ, Kevin, and Howie got out, running to Nick and Brian.
"What happened?" Howie asked breathlessly.
"Oh my gosh!" AJ exclaimed as they tried to take in what they saw.
"What happened here?" Kevin asked, worry overtaking him.
"We've got to call 911," Nick replied while holding back the blood that was coming out from his head with his jacket.
"Brian's unconscious and bleeding nonstop.".
"Are you kidding?" AJ exasperated, "calling 911 in the middle of a desert?".
"What other solution do you have them?" Nick snapped.
He didn't usually snap, especially at AJ. Nick only snapped if he was frantic... or mad.
"I think AJ's right. We would have to bring him back." Kevin replied.
"I think Nick's right, except that we should bring him ourselves to the hospital, not call." Howie argued.
"But it's just too far." AJ complained.
They continued arguing until Nick's face paled. When the others saw Nick's pale face they looked at him. Nick was trying fervently to stop the flowing wound of Brian's temple with his jacket and was also staring fearfully at a rattlesnake which was slowly approaching them.
"You gotta be kidding me, D. The nearest hospital is about 50 miles away." AJ continued to talk, unaware of the rattlesnake approaching Brian and Nick.
"Just shut up, AJ." Kevin hushed nervously but firmly.
AJ then realized what was happening.
The fear could be clearly seen in Nick's blue eyes as the snake slowly approached him. The snake's rattle was rattling, which was not a good sign. The snake opened it's mouth, revealing its sharp fangs.
Nick shivered at the thought of the rattlesnake biting him.
"Just stay calm." he told himself as he took regulated breaths. "There's a chance the snake won't bite you.".
Nick tried to calm himself down. He was horrified when he saw that the snake was poised, ready to jump at him. He closed his eyes, feeling the hisses of the snake and waiting for its sharp fangs to bite him.