- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.

 

 

“Ew. Uh, Leigh?” Nick looked around in search for Brian’s wife, Leighanne, who’s been busy hosting around for Baylee’s birthday party. Nick walked across the garden of Brian’s backyard, passing through some noisy kids who were children of their colleagues as well as some of their friends. He carried Baylee, who kept on drooling and playing with Nick’s nose. He wanted to get the little guy down but Baylee will cry. Brian will scold him if he made his son cry.

“Nice one, little guy,” Nick chuckled. “But I have to give you back to your Mom before you put all your dirt on me.” Baylee just got through eating brownies and he wiped his dirty hands on Nick’s green shirt. “Ew! Baylee, you don’t do this to your uncle.” He said, almost pleading with the little guy to stop. “You just don’t do this…”

“Nick,” Baylee laughed and kept on playing with Nick’s nose.

“Baylee loves your nose, Nicky.” AJ singsong as he came behind Nick. He just arrived with Howie.

“Oh, great, AJ. My savior,” Nick immediately tries to give Baylee to AJ but the latter refused and so, Howie took the kid instead.

“Yuck, what’s with the brownies? What’s the matter with you, Baylee?” Howie asked the kid as Baylee began playing with his eyes. “Where are Brian and Leigh?”

Nick gave his friend an impish grin as he wipes his face with his shirt. “And I am free.” Howie sighed as he walked off to look for Baylee’s parents. “Where have you been?” Nick asked AJ, whose hair has come clean and turned back to its original black color.

“We went to a travel counselor to inquire about spending a short vacation to London.” AJ grinned. “We thought if you’d like to come along since we knew how much you love Europe.” They started walking towards the house.

“Huh? You’re taking me with you?”

“At your own expense?”

“Of course. Besides, I’m off from my work. I’d like to have some time off for vacation before we have another tour. I think I deserved that.” Nick replied as they went straight to the second level of the house towards the game room.

“You deserved what?” Kevin asked when they passed by him down the hall. “That’s gross, Nick. I thought you’ve gone through the age of playing with your own food.” He added upon seeing Nick’s messy shirt.

“Baylee got so happy and messed around with me.” Nick rolled his eyes. “I deserved vacation. We’re going to London, wanna join us?” He asked the older guy.

“Who’s going?”

“Howie, AJ and I.”

Kevin shook his head. “I’m sorry, I’ll pass. Kristin and I are set on our second honeymoon. Seeing Baylee turned another year inspired us to decide on making our own baby.” He gave the two a grin and shared high fives with them.

“Man! Second honeymoon?” AJ laughed. “Aren’t you always on a honeymoon?” He joked. Kevin poked him playfully on the ribs and went off. Nick and AJ continued on their way.

“Howie already got a serious girlfriend. So, that leaves the two of us.” Nick said with a chuckle. “Do you think when am I going to get married?”

“Enjoy your youth, Nicky. That’s all I’ve got to say.” AJ advised and gave his brother a sincere smile. “There’s no need to rush. Great things will come to those who wait.”



~~~



Nick saw his former girlfriend, Anne, in front of his gates. He hadn’t seen her since the last day in the court where she sued him for the issue of publicly humiliating her in public when a sex video of them showed up. Nick knew better than do such a thing and denied her accusations. He’d never do that to a woman, much less to his ex-girlfriend. He had great respect for women, considering that he grew up surrounded by them – his mother and his sisters. And there was no sex video of them. He knew it was fake. At the end of the court hearings, Anne was found lying and the court sentenced her to pay for moral damages she caused Nick. He’d rather let her pay him and forget about filing a counter charge against her. He doesn’t want any more issue about it.

It has been months ago. After all that has happened, Nick wondered what she is doing here.

He stopped his car in front of her while the gates are opening automatically before them. He lowered his car window and faced her. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m giving this back to you.” Anne shoved a shoebox to him.

“You could have sent this instead to your PA.” Nick said, looking at the contents of the box. It contains stuff he’s given her. “Assuming that paparazzi are just around the corner, we’ll be at the headlines of tomorrow’s Entertainment Tonight again.”

“Well, I want to see you.”

Nick turned to her, pushing up his sunglasses over his head. “That’s a first. Why?”

“I want to say sorry personally.” Anne replied. Nick stared at her for a moment and then went out of his car. He never regretted having a relationship with her. He had special moments with each of his former girlfriends, not really minding if their intentions were just to use him for their own fame. “It took me a lot of courage to do that. I’ve done terrible things in the past and I’m sorry.”

Nick looked down to her. “I hope you learn your lesson, Anne. It’s not really right to use other people for your own ambitions. I could have helped you if that’s what you want but you did something awful. I don’t think I’d be able to forget that. But I’m accepting your apologies although there’s no room for friendship anymore. You’ve been a great girlfriend but it’s just a waste that things have to happen this way.” Anne is one of those who aspired to make it big in Hollywood. Nick didn’t find himself that famous enough to be a Hollywood celebrity and he wondered why women like Anne and Paris used him for their own claim to fame. Anne could have used her own talent to make it through while Paris had her own surname to use as an easy ticket to get through the door of fame.

Anne bit her lower lip. “I understand.”

Nick nodded and turned back inside his car. He drove inside. He learned his lesson in trusting women and dating them. He takes one last look at Anne as the automatic doors slowly closed behind him. There’s nothing more to say. He closed that chapter with Anne and he’s ready to move on.