- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.


FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER:
Nick saw Victoria and Prince William at a parking lot of a mall. He began to suspect a relationship between them and he went curious about Victoria's secret (oh, VS! haha) so he called someone to take a background investigation on her.

 

 

Nick entered the studio and found Kevin. No one has arrived yet and he smiled to himself for being early. Later, he’ll give himself a pat on the back when he sees AJ’s reaction for coming earlier than him. They’re going to meet up for the final decision on which songs should be put on the album, as well as a meeting with the PR staff for the promotions. As he entered, Kevin looked up from the newspaper he’s reading and smiled at him. “What’s up, Nick?”

Nick shrugs. “Nothing. I’m cool.”

Kevin eyed him curiously. Nick feigned himself to be busy with his mobile phone. Kevin knew him better than anyone could. He played the role of a big brother to him very seriously. He was the one who’s there with him when Paris broke up and made a controversy on him years ago. He was always there when he had problems with his family. Since they lived in LA and Kevin is just a few minutes’ drive away, it’s much easier to have him around and Nick was grateful to have a friend like him. ”Kristin told me to bring this for you.” Kevin took something from his pocket and gave it to Nick. It was a flash disk. “What’s in it?”

Nick sat on the sofa with Kevin, bracing himself for a confrontation with the older man. Kevin takes no preamble regarding confrontations and he wanted it direct and straight. “Some pictures she had of us that she saved in your laptop. I’m just doing some little project.”

Kevin only nodded but the newspaper in hand has been forgotten. “How are you doing now, bro?” He asked again.

Nick shrugs again. Silence was deafening. The other three guys and the recording staff weren’t there yet. He could feel Kevin’s curious look on him. He bit his lower lip and sighed. “Alright, I give up. I had Victoria investigated by Vocks.” The man beside him is well aware of who Victoria is in his life. Brian made sure that his cousin knew about what happened in London last year.

Kevin raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything. Nick knew how it tortures him to receive a reaction like that from Kevin. But since he already started it, he might as well fill his elder brother with all the details. “When I met her last year, I knew that something’s going on in her and that I just can’t put a name on it. And then I saw her yesterday with someone at the mall’s parking lot.” He drew another deep breath as Kevin quietly listened on. “I saw her with another man and not just any other man, but Prince William of England himself. I don’t know what’s going on and decided to call them and let them know that I saw them. It doesn’t only hurt me; I know my best friend will be hurt once he learns about it too. And that’s when I decided to do something. I took Vocks’ services to investigate on the relationship going on between Victoria and Prince William.”

There was silence in the room after Nick was finished with his monologue. He waited for Kevin to say something about it. “You shouldn’t have interfered with your friend’s love life. Things will just be more complicated if Clark learns that you made an investigation on Victoria. And it’s none of your business if Victoria is seeing Prince William for whatever reason. It will be Clark’s problem.”

“Clark will not learn about it. And I care, because I’m his best friend. His girlfriend is probably fooling around with royalty.”

Kevin shakes his head. “Leave it Nick. You’re not doing this for Clark. You’re only doing this for yourself.” They grew silent for a while before Kevin speaks up once again. “So, the reason why you’re telling me this now is just to inform me?”

Nick shrugs for the third time. “I just feel that you might have to know. Besides,” Nick bit his lower lip, looked down to the carpeted floor of the studio then back to Kevin, “Being my big brother, I valued your thoughts so much.”

Kevin sighed. “What about Victoria then? Did it ever occur to you that she’ll be mad as well when she learned what you’ve done? Investigating a person isn’t just something you’d do everyday when you feel like you wanted to know someone better. You’ve got to be more responsible than that, Nick.”

“But that secret has made her turn away from me a year ago.” Nick replied instantly.

Kevin shakes his head. “But still, Nick…” He sighed. “You just can’t do anything about the past anymore. You just can’t do that…”

Nick drew a deep breath. “When we went to London for vacation, I met her at the airport and while I was there, we kind of going out then.” He met his friend’s look. “We were supposed to meet in Harrods when their house butler came and gave me a note coming from her. It says that she couldn’t see me anymore and she couldn’t tell about it. It made me feel like an idiot. I wanted to see her but she just disappeared. When things are starting to go back into place after that controversy with Paris and Anne, after I felt myself trusting a woman again, I was dumped and ditched.”

“You should accept the way that has happened, Nick. You may not be meant together after all.”

“I can’t. I already liked her. In fact, I must have already loved her in just that short time being with her. It was like…” Nick’s voice trailed off as he imagined Victoria’s face when they were holding each other’s hands in the Purple Club. “…magic.”



~~~



Nick opened the door and saw Victoria. “What are you doing here?”

“This is Clark’s apartment. I –“

“You know that he’s in Spain.” Nick interrupted. He opened the door wider and lets her inside. He went back to sit on the couch. He finished sorting Clark’s DVDs and put it in a small paper bag. He couldn’t stay longer in his friend’s apartment now that Victoria is here.

“Nick, this is hard for me.” He heard her say. “Can we, at least, be friends?”

Nick looked at her. He missed her so much. He had this urge to took her in his arms and kiss her endlessly. But he will not do that. “You know that I want to be more than just your friend,” he told her. He stood up.

“Things are different now, Nick. And I just can’t be with you.”

“Why?” Nick stared at her. “Why?”

Victoria only shakes her head.

“It’s unfair. You’re with Clark but you can’t be with me. It’s unfair that you won’t tell me the reason. I just can’t stand to be here any longer. All I can ask now is for you to take care of Clark. Goodbye.” He went to the door and went out.