- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.

FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick was overwhelmed to learn that Victoria is a secret sibling to the Prince of England and that Princess Diana is still alive and is now hiding in a different identity. The knowledge gives him the responsibility to keep it from others and it will also endanger his life. What happens if Victoria learns that he knows her deep secret?

 

 

The car stopped in front of the large house, only a few meters away from Kevin’s home in LA. Nick grabbed the dolphin doll beside him then went out. He had two bodyguards with him. Kevin and Vocks strictly told him to never leave without his bodyguards after learning the secret of Victoria’s identity. Kevin also went to look for an additional security for him. Marc stayed at the car while the other one, Lauren, followed Nick outside but remained on the porch as a maid greeted him on the front door.

His presence has already been informed once they got through the guards at the gates of Victoria’s family estate. The maid ushered him to one of the receiving rooms in which she told him was called as the Sitting Room. True enough, the room he’s been ushered to is full of beautiful soft couches and throw pillows neatly arranged on them.

“Miss Victoria will be with you shortly, Sir. Excuse me.”

Nick nodded and is now been left alone in the room. But not long enough because Victoria came in minutes after the maid has left. “Hi,” she quietly greeted him. “What are you doing here? You bid goodbye from the last time we met.”

Nick just nodded and gave her the stuffed toy. “Clark asked me to give this. And he’s coming home soon.”

“Thanks.” Victoria took the toy from him. “You see, you really don’t have to do this babysitting thing for Clark,” she said.

“I know because I know exactly the reason what’s going on with you which puzzles and worries my friend. It’s not William, but it’s me.”

“Really?” Victoria raised an eyebrow and showed him a crooked smile. “How conceited of you, Nick.” She then, towards the door. “You may now leave.” Nick followed her.

“I believe it’s me that’s bothering you. All I want is to ease your worries. I don’t want to give you a hard time.” Nick said. He kneeled down in front of her, which surprised Victoria. She tried to tell him to stand up but he didn’t move a bit. “I no longer care why you stood me up at Harrods and didn’t tell the reason why you didn’t want to see me anymore. Because I know your secret. And it makes me think that probably, you’re not just really like your real Dad after all.” He looked up to her. “Please forgive me if I did that. And I think that you’re a princess who wouldn’t just like to play with people’s feelings. You’re a kind person. I think maybe you could have told me that and I would understand and we shouldn’t have been in this situation. But it must be fate that things should happen this way. I understand it now. Although it hurts to see you with my best friend, all I can do is to accept the fact that all were just in the past. I realized now that you were just trying to protect me. Let me protect you in my own way, too. I want to be with you.”

Victoria tried to move away from him but Nick gripped her hand tighter. “How could you investigate on me? How dare you? Have you ever thought that I’m going to sue you?” She asked. They looked at each other for a long time before Nick stood up before her.

“Can you sue me?” Nick asked her. Victoria cannot reply on that. They both knew the answer. She cannot do that. It will be too risky and unsafe. “Don’t worry. I can protect your secret. No one’s gonna know.”

“Your life is in real danger now.” Victoria couldn’t deny the truth. She became aware that Nick is closer now than he’s not supposed to be.

“Anything for you.” Nick leaned down and kissed her fully on the lips. It only meant as a goodbye kiss but it went longer than he expected. Once their lips touched, the feelings were back. It took a while before Victoria responded as her arms went around his neck. Oh, how can she resist this man who gets through her heart without much effort? He penetrated her soul, her being and still, she wanted more. He never knew the power he had over her heart that not even Clark can do. They stopped the kiss and Nick leaned his forehead against hers, staring down to her face. “I still love you.”

Tears fell from Victoria’s face as she closed her eyes and slowly shakes her head. “This is hard, Nick. This is not right.”

Nick embraced her closer to his body. “I know, Vicky.” Their lips met once again. The kiss deepened as they felt each other’s hand trying to pull each other’s clothing off. Victoria moaned as Nick’s kisses went to her neck and his hands roamed over her body.

Her right mind wanted to say no because of Clark but her heart is reaching out for Nick. She went on for the latter.

As they shared a moment of passion together, only the thick walls of the Sitting Room are the silent witness as they made uncontrollable heated moans and groans. They shared a passionate moment together – and as one.



~~~



“What’s wrong?” Kevin asked Nick, and then ate his food. The two were out for lunch together with Kristin, who just got through a video taping in a nearby studio. Kevin noticed his friend’s silence all throughout the day, which is unusual for a lively person like Nick.

In response, Nick grunted and just shook his head then continued eating. He couldn’t look at his brother. Five days ago, he touched his best friend’s girlfriend – something he never imagined he will do but he did. He shared a special moment with Victoria and never regretted it. But he felt guilty. He wondered how he can face Clark after what he’s done. He saw Kristin went back with peanut butter biscuits for her husband. “Thanks, honey. You’re the best,” Kevin kissed his wife lightly on the lips.

“And you’re the man,” Kristin replied with a soft chuckle. Nick ignored the two. He’ll just feel envy over them again. Kevin’s wife noticed the younger man’s slightly unusual mood. “Oh! I didn’t notice you, Nick. How’s my favorite Backstreet Boy?”

“I’m fine, Kris.” Nick can only say.

“Good, because I asked somebody to open the TV because I want to catch a glimpse of Prince William’s wedding,” Kristin said. Kevin shrugged when Nick gave him a look. He didn’t tell his wife knowing the circumstances of the information they had. He doesn’t want to put his wife into danger.

Nick looked up towards the TV and without much concern, turned back to his food. Kevin and Kristin looked at each other. “She shouldn’t have been there. The royal family won’t recognize her anyway,” he muttered.

“Who?” Kristin asked, overhearing what he said. She turned in question to her husband.

Kevin shrugged. “Nick’s just talking to himself a lot lately, honey. Don’t mind him.” He smirked, trying to hide the truth from her. He kicked Nick under the table. Damn kid for acting like this in front of his unsuspecting wife. Kristin can instantly sense what’s wrong.

Kristin glared at Kevin. “You’re making fun of Nick again, honey. Nick,” she turned to the younger man, “is there anything wrong?”

Nick drew a deep breath and looked at the TV. The wedding has just finished and Prince William and his wife are now leaving St. Paul’s Cathedral. Technically, Victoria should share the title as Princess of Wales with William. But now, William’s wife had it. He pity England for not knowing about one wonderful woman who has more right to be the future monarch. “No, I’m fine, Kristin.” He heard the anchor on TV announcing about the title of William’s new bride. It’s unfair.

But maybe, it’s been a blessing in disguise because he happened to meet her. Nick sighed as he pushed his plate away and drank his juice. “Nothing’s wrong, Kristin. I was just thinking about Victoria. It’s hard, you know. I love my best friend’s girlfriend and I can’t do something about it because she already belonged to somebody else.”

“She probably has a reason to lie to you before, Nick,” Kristin reminded him. “And whatever it is that she doesn’t want to tell you, I think it’s not just worth it to spend your time sulking over what you should have done to make her stay with you. Think about it. Maybe she’s not worth it. You deserved better who will not leave you hanging in the air. You’re still young. You’re cute.”

“It’s very frustrating. Excuse me,” Nick stood up. The two just shook their heads as he left the table.