- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fan fiction only and none of the events mentioned here have happened or related to what happened in real life. This is only upon the imagination of the author.


FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER:

Clark resigned from his work as sound engineer with the Backstreet Boys but Nick came to convince him not to. That's when he found out that his best friend go for his first love and broke up with Victoria. Nick went to Victoria to tell her that he loves her and is willing to protect her amidst the threat in his own life.

 

 

“Goodbye,” Nick hugged Clark then turned to Erienne to kiss her on the cheeks. The two are on their way to New York to live. Clark accepted the job, while Erienne will be transferring to Northwest’s office in New York as she decided to quit as a flight attendant to focus on her marriage life. They just got married yesterday in the local judge’s office. Nick stood as one of the witnesses.

“See you next year,” Clark said, his face is glowing. He seemed so happy with the sudden turnabout of events, so did Erienne. She and Clark have been holding each other’s hands ever since they got out from Nick’s car when they arrived at the airport.

“Yeah, next year,” Nick nodded. Marriage is going to do well for Clark. Nick wondered if he’s ready to go to that phase of settling down like his best friend. Well, he has financial security. He had investments and a business partnership with AJ. His career is doing well. Maybe, the only thing left to do is to get married too. Anyway, he’s already tired of the life of endless parties and late night-outs. He wants more time alone and with someone special. He imagined spending that time with Victoria. He shakes his head. Is he really considering marriage?

“I read the morning paper earlier,” Clark added, sounding concerned at Nick’s silence. “Victoria and Prince Harry had pictures together. Watch out for that. The prince might take her from you.”

Nick didn’t know how the paparazzi get a hold of some pictures when the two were together the last time. “Don’t worry about that,” Nick assured him.

Clark studied his friend in a long time. Nick doesn’t seem worried about it at all. “Are you alright, man?” Nick just nodded. They turned when somebody called the couple. It was Victoria, who instantly hugged the newlyweds as she reached them. While she’s at it, Nick glanced at his bodyguard, Marc.

“Five paparazzi, Nick,” he muttered. Nick nodded then smiled when Victoria turned to him.

“Hi, Victoria,” He greeted her. Beneath his dark sunglasses, he noticed one paparazzo watching them. He leaned down to kiss the woman on the cheeks then wrapped his arms around her waist. “Five paparazzi are watching you,” he whispered at her. As expected, he saw a flicker of shots courtesy of the cameras. “Your British headlines with Prince Harry got their attention.”

Victoria maintained her smile as she wears back her dark sunglasses. “This is odd. I came here to say goodbye to my ex-boyfriend and his new wife.” She laughed nervously. Erienne nodded with a smile. Clark told her the situation and she understood. “Anyway, I meant well. I wish you a happy trip and a good married life, Clark and Erienne.” She let Nick’s arm stay on her waist. From afar, they appeared to be a much attached couple.

“Well, thank you. I wish the same luck for you when your time comes.” Clark replied.

“It seems like the papers are wrong, and Nick is right about nothing to worry about,” Erienne noticed.

“It’s for the paparazzi, just an appearance. Prince Harry is just my friend but I don’t want the attention. One must dig the facts before assuming anything,” Victoria replied, casting a glance to Nick then back to the couple. Nick only smiled when Victoria reminded him of what he’s done. Then they heard the two’s flight are now being called for the boarding.

“I guess this is it,” Erienne hugged the two. Clark followed his wife as the two watched them leave.

“Uh, what’s next for us?” Nick asked quietly as they stood watching their friends leave.

“Maybe if you could take me for a walk in the park, we could start something new again.” Victoria suggested. Nick stared at her for a long time. “I missed our first moment in the park. And I’ve been thinking if we can give this time a chance for both of us.” She added.

“Sure.” Nick shyly replied.

Victoria smiled. She saw him blush as she takes his hand and they walked towards the car.