- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER:
Clark married his first love, Erienne, and accepted a job in New York where he will settle with his wife. At that time, the press got a hole of Victoria together with Prince Harry and to divert the attention and curiosity from possible research on who she is, Nick helped her pretend that they're a couple while seeing Clark and Erienne off to the airport. But after this, are they going to start anew?

 

 

From a walk in the park that started in day one, the next days continued with casual dinners, a visit to a museum, watching movies together or just hanging around to anywhere they felt like going to. Victoria didn’t said anything more about his profession of love towards her so Nick is waiting and wondering what is the real score between them. Although he doesn’t want to expect if Victoria will be reciprocating his love, he always wished she would. But it’s almost a week now and Nick is still waiting. Well, he will endure the wait he can. The fans and the media were already aware of Victoria’s presence in Nick’s life as well and she constantly received some attention from them. Her face graced the TV, magazines and the internet. Victoria was scared at first but Nick assured her that he will make sure that she will be well-protected. And her true identity will never be revealed.

“Nick.”

He turned when Phil, his new bodyguard, called him. A bottle of water was thrown to him and he immediately caught it in his hands. “Thanks, man.” Phil only nodded and went back to where Marc, Lauren and Tyrone where – Nick’s other bodyguards.

“How is it?” Kevin asked in a whisper. “Do you want me to add another bodyguard for you?”

Nick looked at his friend. He chuckled. “Nah, I’m cool with those four men. AJ and Brian couldn’t stop teasing me about it. I couldn’t even explain to them why but Brian is starting to wonder. I don’t want to attract any more curiosity.”

Kevin nodded. He turned around and saw a black Chevrolet van arrived. Victoria came out from it after her bodyguard did. He watched as the men greeted her congenially before she proceeded to where Nick is. She is a constant sight wherever Nick is around and everyone got used to it. It wasn’t long before he noticed that his wife has finally arrived as well. It seems like the women are the ones who’s been picking them up today. They just got through filming the first video of their new album. Brian was the first one to leave when Leighanne came early. Victoria greeted him when she got near them. “Do you have plans today?” He asked the young couple. Damn, he felt he’s sounding like a father to Nick. He’s just too concerned of his safety. Nick already received a death threat from the underground society that Vocks has been telling them about.

“We’re just going to stay over at my place, Kev. Victoria is cooking dinner for everyone,” Nick smiled in assurance. He knew that Kevin is worrying too much for him.

“Everyone?”

“Yeah, Aaron and BJ dropped by for a visit. And then we have to feed the bodyguards.” Nick replied. He greeted Kristin who came beside her husband. “Wanna tag along?”

Kevin shakes his head. “Kristin and I are picking up Mama and Papa at the airport.” He replied, referring to Kristin’s parents. “Bye.” He nodded to Nick’s bodyguards then left. When the two were gone, Nick turned to Victoria.

“Kevin doesn’t like me.” Victoria said.

“He’s just worried about me.” Nick replied as they walked towards the waiting car. “You know, he’s always the one present when I got into trouble with my ex-girlfriends.” He couldn’t tell Victoria that Kevin knows about her secret as well. There may be chances that she will tell it to her father, the way she did when Nick told her about what he knows. Kevin is a very good friend and he doesn’t want to endanger his friend’s life. Kristin needs her husband.

“Oh, so it seems like he’s being careful that I might mess around.”

“You’re not my girlfriend, Victoria. We’re just having a mutual understanding,” Nick quietly pointed out then bit his lower lip afterwards. “But don’t worry. I’m willing to wait when you’re ready.” He stopped and returned to Howie when he forgot to tell something, leaving Victoria alone. She looked at Nick. He met her look.

Victoria walked towards them. Nick watched her get near, making Howie look at her too. She surprised them when she reached out to kiss Nick on the lips. Nick forgot what he’s about to tell Howie when her lips met his. His hands went to hold her arms.

“Oh.” Howie stepped backward as he watched them kissed.

Victoria took one last nip then raised her eyes to his. “Alright, I’m ready. And I just want you to know, I love you too.”

Nick gave her his most charming smile and bents down and kiss her once again.



~~~



“Subject NC, located at six o’ clock.”

The hired assassin located a figure of a man standing outside a building. The one being spied on is wearing black shades and talking to someone over the phone. A large built of a man is standing nearby, probably his bodyguard.

He looked at the photo he’s holding in hand and compared it to the man he’s targeting right now. “Tall, blonde and good-looking guy. Your bodyguards won’t be of any use.” He smirked. “How could a celebrity get interested with Her Highness? How did he manage to know the secret of the cover-up?”

“Get on with it, Smith. The underworld wanted him dead.” The voice in his earpiece said. “Secure the secret now.”

“Alright. Such impatience!” Smith aimed his state-of-the-art silent gun to the man. “Damn, this kid had sugar for breakfast. He moves a lot!” he said in frustration. From Nick’s chest, his aim turned to his shoulder and it was too late before he prevented himself to wait further. Nick moved once again but he was shot in the stomach.

Nick Carter suddenly fell down the pavement.