- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Victoria gave in and told Nick her true feelings for him. They started going out together then until tragedy struck which endangered Nick's life...

 

 

“A high caliber bullet was found in Carter’s body after he was shot this afternoon outside a photography studio in LA. The youngest Backstreet Boy is still inside the ICU after a crucial operation and there was no definite press statement yet from the Boys’ publicist about his condition. Police investigators were still trying to see the motive behind this –“ William shut off the TV and picked up his phone. He quickly dialed Victoria’s number and his twin immediately answered.

“Louis!” Victoria cried. William patiently waited for her as she cries on the other line before he sensed that she is ready talk. His twin’s sobs mellowed down as he shushed her.

“How is he?”

“He’s not good.” There was a pause. William can hear a commotion on the other line. “The shot was severe. He had internal bleeding earlier and the doctors had him in surgery again. He lost a lot of blood and they also needed to find a donor for him. I don’t want him to die.” Victoria cried.

“Hush, Vicky. I think I know why he was shot but of course, we couldn’t tell anyone about it.” He can still hear his sister crying. It’s heartbreaking to hear her like this and he’s too far away to even give her consolation. He sees her as a strong woman. But this is the man that she loves and it makes her vulnerable.

“I think so too.” Victoria sniffed. “I don’t know what to do. I don’t like what’s happening.”

“Any help I can do?”

“People will wonder why are you helping, Louis. We can’t do anything about this. This is their job. We know that this is part of the rules they have.” Victoria sighed.

“Maybe you can tell your dad what to do with them.” William suggested. “Please don’t cry. It hurts that I can’t do anything to be there for you, sis.”

“Thanks. I appreciate that, Louis. I got to go. I need to talk to my dad.” And with that, Victoria hung up. William stared at his phone. This is a serious matter. Nick’s life was endangered because he knows the secret. Everyone outside the intelligence operations should be silenced. He is aware of that. He was just hoping that the underworld was a little considerate, for Victoria’s sake.

But they are not and Nick is now fighting for his own life.



~~~



Kevin’s red eyes can obviously tell that he’s very worried of his ‘little brother’. Gripping tightly on his wife’s hand, he sat torturously outside the surgery room and waited for the good news. A lot has happened to them in the past few years. AJ got through his personal dilemma as well as Nick with his. Howie recovered from his loss while Brian is starting to gain his own family. He, on the other hand, also started a new life with Kristin and nothing could be much better than that. The Backstreet Boys reunited and launched a new album. They may have had their individual projects after that but they were back to make this another album again. They are starting to enjoy their lives, being thankful and happy for the blessings they have. The youngest, and the one who’s gone through a lot, deserves more than happiness that life could bring. Kevin prayed for that. He loves Nick like a brother, almost like a father and like a friend and it hurts him to see the younger one go to the path where the outside forces were leading him. He tried to be there for Nick in times of need, so did the other Boys. They tried to protect him from anything, from anyone who’s attempting to pull him down the drain. They deeply believed that Nick had so much to do for his brighter future. He’s a nice person, a man full of love and compassion.

His life should not end like this.

Tears began to pour down again. He couldn’t help it. Nick is one of his weaknesses, as well as the other Boys. They have become part of his system, his daily life basis. He couldn’t imagine a life without that blonde guy. He felt his wife’s arms wrapping around his. People in the hospital were probably looking at him now, in this most vulnerable moment in his life since his father died. But he doesn’t care what they think. Nick shouldn’t die.

“Kevin…”

Kevin shakes his head as his tears continue to fall. “N-nick doesn’t deserve…this.” He tried to say. He hugged Kristin. Her warm embrace brought him to even more tears. He felt some presence around them. He looked up and saw the rest of the guys. Their eyes were in tears as well. “It should not end like this.”

“We know,” AJ’s hoarse voice tried to say.

“Let’s all pray.” Brian whispered. He couldn’t bear to talk but he needs to say it. He wished everything is a nightmare and that Nick will go out of that surgery room, smiling and joking around. Leighanne takes his hand. Howie initiated on gathering them in a small circle, along with the management, their publicist, some hospital staff, family and friends for the prayer.

“I’ll join too.” Victoria said, stepping between Howie and AJ and holding their hand. With Brian’s initiative, they slowly prayed.