- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE LAST CHAPTER: Nick decided to go off on vacation to Europe with his two friends, Howie andd AJ. And he also ended a chapter in his life after a scandalous break-up with an ex-girlfriend.

 

 

“Wow! I’ve always liked Europe,” Nick silently mumbled as he and the other guys discreetly walked out of the Arrival Area and to the taxis waiting outside the Heathrow Airport. They decided not to tell anyone about this vacation so they can spend some time alone without being bothered by media. Nick learned the pressures of being famous in an early age and for a small period of time, he wished he can spend it privately with his friends – without anyone knowing where they are. He thinks he deserved that. After the family drama he had in the past few years and having had some unusual relationships, he deserved some good treats for himself. The other Backstreet Boys understand him. So right now, AJ and Howie are with him. Kevin was left in California to refocus himself on some political work that he’s been doing recently, as well as spending quality time with his wife, Kristin. Brian remained in Atlanta to take care of his son while it was Leighanne’s turn to work.

Nick was so caught up with his thoughts that he didn’t notice a woman heavily laden with bags. He bumped into her as the woman dropped her big Louis Vuitton on the floor, along with two other paper bags. “Oh, Miss! I’m so sorry.” Nick immediately helped her. AJ and Howie, who had seen them, walked back and helped Nick. “I’m so sorry.”

“I’m perfectly fine by now.” The woman replied with a mixed English and American accent. Nick noticed it. He always liked to hear the way people talk wherever he goes. “I have to go.” She said. Nick looked at the woman and his heart raced. He couldn’t understand why but he just felt as if his heart goes out to her. Those lovely eyes, dark brown hair, her charming face is just simply breathtaking. “Uh, hi.” He couldn’t help saying. He wanted to smack himself for finding it so lame.

The woman blushed. She looked at Nick and their gazes stuck. Then she looked away. Howie and AJ gave each other meaningful looks and then smiled. They saw the instant attraction between their friend and the lovely woman. “I have to go then. Thank you.” But then, the woman looked back at Howie, AJ then to Nick. “Aren’t you the Backstreet Boys?” She asked. She waved her hand before the guys could utter a reply. “Stupid question. Of course, you are. You graced my best friend’s wall since junior high.” She said then took her bags and walked off. The rest who were left behind watched her go away.

“Now, that one is different,” Howie said.

“She didn’t even ask for your autograph, Nick.” Howie teased.

“That’s the least I wanted for now,“ Nick muttered and started to gather up his luggage. “We have to go, guys, before any one recognized us again.”



~~~



“How is everyone there?” Alice asked her daughter, Victoria, who has just arrived from Egypt to visit her family on her father’s side. Victoria kissed her mother on the cheeks before answering.

“They are fine, Mom. Grandpa is surprisingly doing well after I arrived there. Arthur will be coming here with Dad soon.” Victoria looked at her parent who once resembled her. But after a car accident, their lives changed as well as her parents’ face. They were in a grave situation and coming with those were the need to undergo a face surgery. Three weeks after that, the two went out of the hospital as completely different person. Victoria was in America at that time, studying in junior high, when she received the news.

Her father at present wasn’t really her true father. Martin was her mother’s boyfriend then, when Alice was already divorced from Victoria’s biological father, and by the time the accident happened. Months after the accident, the two got married and settled down in America to live in peace. Victoria was glad to have a family in America and she treated Martin like her real father because her biological father didn’t want her as a daughter and preferred her twin brother instead of her. On the other hand, Martin treated her as his daughter and adopted her as his own.

Remembering her twin brother, Victoria knew she would never get herself close to Louis although the latter tried as much as he could to get through her at least once a year. Louis grew up with all the riches their father had, while she, Victoria, has been sent to America like an exile, grew up and lived with a family friend. She also had another brother, David, who is two years younger than her and Louis. He also lives with their father and is also trying to get close to her as much as he could. What has happened to her while she was young resulted to her hatred towards her father and his family. She grew up feeling as the unwanted child. Now that she’s back in London for business, no doubt that Louis and David already learned of her arrival and will be visiting her in one of these days.

”I know,” Alice said with a smile. “Martin called me when you left for the airport. He’ll be coming over with Arthur and we’ll be going back to LA.” Her eyes twinkled at the mention of her husband. Victoria is happy for her mom. Their lives may have changed since the accident, but it has brought them peace. A year after they were married, Alice gave birth to Arthur, Victoria’s adoring little brother who will be graduating middle school soon. Since that, Victoria had never seen her Mom so happy unlike before. Alice enjoyed her life more than ever with Martin, Arthur and her, Victoria.

“Have I already told you how glad I am to see you happy, Mom?”

“Many times before, Victoria. And although I missed your brothers here, I’m already contented to the life I have with you, with your Dad and Arthur.”

“Dad is a wonderful man. I’m glad you found each other. I wished I could find someone like him too.” Victoria said as she hugged her mother. Alice returned the warm gesture.

“Your Dad’s a blessing.” Alice kissed the top of her head. “Don’t worry. You’ll find yours, too.”