- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick was shot and Victoria knew who did it, as well as her tiwn, Prine William. But they cannot tell anyone about it for it will only expose the secret of their mother's cover-up in 1997 Paris car crash. Nick is still in the hospital, has undergone another operation and needs a blood donor. How will anyone take this if he's still in danger of survival?

 

 

Victoria saw, through her dark shades, the large group of fans crowding outside the hospital. They were on a prayer vigil since the first night that Nick was brought there. She was amazed by how far these people can do for their idol. They started to grow as days passed by; still hoping that Nick would turn out fine. After his last surgery, the internal bleeding was prevented. When the doctors announced the need for blood transfusion, a couple of fans donated their blood for Nick. Still, Nick’s condition is under observation. He hasn’t awake yet.

And just like when her mother ‘died’ in the Paris car accident, flowers for Nick overflowed the hospital’s parking lot. Her eyes grew in mistiness when she saw how do a lot of people cared for Nick. She even heard that Nick’s famous celebrity friends expressed their prayers to him. The media feasted on what happened. No one can tell why this happened and who has the motive. Nick may have few mischiefs up in his sleeve but he was never the bad guy to even have someone resort into trying to kill him.

“Victoria!”

Victoria felt her bodyguard’s hand on her back, ushering her inside the hospital, but she couldn’t ignore the calls coming from the Boys’ fans. She looked at Oscar. “Give me a little time to talk with them first, please?”

“A little while only, madam.” Oscar nodded. He followed when Victoria went to where the fans are, barricaded against a low steel fence. The hospital administration provided a small portion of the parking lot for them, by request of the Boys and their management. The fans camped out there, marking their territory. A team of police were deployed in case of out-of-control situation but so far, there have been peace. She heard from the news that some fans held a mass for Nick’s recovery in the hospital’s chapel. She found it really amazing that these people cared so much for Nick.

“How is he?” a redheaded woman asked as soon as she gets near. Victoria felt flashes of camera on her.

She bit her lower lip. “He’s not yet awake. His vitals are not doing well either.” She felt that Nick’s fans deserved a little information about him. All they just wanted is for the betterment of his welfare. “Did you already eat? I called for catering service and they will be here in an hour for you.” She told them. That’s the least she can do to thank them. “We don’t want you to go hungry.”

“We’re fine. Kevin and Brian had breakfast with us earlier. Thank you.” A woman beside her said.

“We thank you for your support and prayers.” Victoria said again.

“How are you?” another fan asked, taking her hand and holding it tight.

“Same as you, worried.” Victoria replied. With that, she received a hug from them. That’s when she finally gave in and cried. Oscar waited for a few moments before he takes his boss inside the hospital. “Thank you for your prayers. I’ll tell Nick how much all of you cared.” She said before she was taken inside. When she reached Nick’s room where he’s still unconscious, she only saw Kevin.

“We saw from the window that you talked with the fans. We went to them earlier this morning too and ate breakfast with them.” Kevin said.

“As what they’ve told me. You have the most amazing fans.” Victoria said, sitting at the foot of the bed and looking at Nick’s sleeping form. She wanted things back to normal. She didn’t want to see him like this.

“They all came here for Nick.” Kevin added. “They told me that they came from everywhere in America. I was surprised that there are those who also came from Europe and Asia. It’s nice seeing they united like this, praying as one. I wished that the world would come to that certain oneness, peace and harmony how different we may be because in our part, that’s what our fans are. All of them were different, coming from all walks of life and yet, our music made them one.”

“It will take a long time before we came to that certain peace that you’re talking about.” Victoria sighed.

“It’s a blessing that music is the universal language and maybe from there, we can start our little dreams of peace.” Kevin said. He went towards Nick and touched his hair. “I wonder why any one will do this to him.”

Victoria glanced at Nick’s friend who seriously acted as his older brother. She never told Kevin or anyone about what she and William had talked about, that Nick was wanted to be dead because he knows the secret of the cover-up. She didn’t want to further harm Nick’s friends by telling them her secret. “I don’t know why, Kevin, but I’m going to find out who did this and prevent this from happening again.” She’ll talk to her Dad about this matter once he gets back from Egypt. She knew that the people behind this will never ho to jail. It’s their job and their main concern to protect them. It’s sad to think about it. She wanted them in jail but they will not win if they fight the people in the underground society. They have lots of connections all over the world and it will only endanger Nick and his friends more. She turned back to Nick. She couldn’t bear seeing him like this. She brought him harm. It’s her fault why this happened to him and she’s putting danger to his friends too. Maybe she should just go away and everyone will be safe.

Kevin only nodded and didn’t press more when Victoria said that. She obviously knew who did this and she didn’t realize that if he didn’t know her secret, he will ask why she is very sure about preventing this thing from happening again. He knew Victoria will never mention anything about her secret to him but he’s thankful to hear that she’ll do something from what happened. Hopefully, anyone in the underground society will stop and leave Nick alone.