- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Victoria decided to get out of Nick's life in fear for his safety, as well as his friends'. Nick finally woke up after days of lying unconscious and had everyone worried about him. It seems like everyone is there when he woke up except for one person.

 

 

Dear Nick,
I’m sorry that I have to do this kind of letter again and I know that you hate it. But this time, this is my final goodbye. I just can’t be with you any longer. I will only bring you harm and I don’t want anything to happen to you again. I love you but I guess, things are just not meant to be for both of us. You deserved more than I can give. Just forget me and get on with your life. You have a wonderful one ahead of you and there are lots of people who love you.
I will miss you and what I will do is the best for both of us.
Lovingly yours,
Victoria



“It’s unfair!” Nick screamed and his voice echoed through the empty walls of his big house. He slowly slides himself down the floor, his back against the wall. His brother, Aaron, came running down the hall and saw him on the floor. He is aware that Nick’s girlfriend, Victoria, left a goodbye letter for him but that’s it. He didn’t know the reason. He’d never seen Nick cried so much over a woman before. He must have fallen so hard for this Victoria, whoever she is. Nick is crying for the nth time since he was taken home yesterday.

“Nick…”

“Let me be alone, Aaron. Just this once…” Nick said. Aaron quietly walked away, still worried of his brother. He went to the kitchen, getting himself prepared for anything to happen, waiting for Nick in case his brother needed him. The doctors advised Nick to rest and avoid getting tired. Aaron assured everyone that he’ll remember everything that was advised for Nick. His mother will be arriving tomorrow to stay and take care of Nick for a while.

Aaron silently listened to his brother’s weeping down the hall. He wished he can do something to ease Nick’s sad feelings away. It hurts him to see Nick like this, after going through a lot in his life, have been to terrible relationships and scheming music representatives, he thinks that his brother deserves to live happily and peacefully. Why would someone want him dead?

“Vicky…”

Aaron bit his lower lip. He wanted to see that woman and let her know how she hurt Nick so bad. He’s deep in his thoughts that he failed to realize that Nick is now screaming in agony and calling him. “Nick!” He ran towards his brother. “What’s wrong? Tell me, Nick.”

“My wound hurts.” Nick groaned.

“Hold on, Nick.” Aaron grabbed his car keys and helped his brother up and walked him out of the house. “You shouldn’t be tiring yourself, Nick. The doctors strictly told you that.” He muttered as he helped his brother into the car after a moment of struggle to open the car door. He takes out his mobile phone as he went around to the driver seat and started the car. “Kevin. I need your help. I’m taking Nick back to the hospital.”



~~~



“He’s been crying a lot since we came home yesterday.” Aaron told Kevin after Nick was rushed inside the emergency room for his wounds. It was already bleeding when they reached the hospital. Kevin was there, waiting for them at the lobby. “He’s been crying about some woman named Victoria. I never met his girlfriend. I don’t know why they broke up. It hurts Nick so much.”

Kevin’s jaw clenched as he nodded. “I couldn’t explain the circumstances why they have to break up, Aaron. Obviously, it hurts for both of them to come into this decision. Nick is obviously very much in love with Victoria but it will take a lot of time before things will be settled and they can be really together.”

“I can’t understand, Kevin.”

“It’s complicated. It’s better not to ask anymore, Aaron. Nick’s life is more important right now.” Kevin wearily sits down on the available chair at the hall and Aaron followed him.

“All I wanted is for my brother to be happy.”

“We all wanted that for Nick.” Kevin turned to the younger man. “But if you were to choose between the two, your life or your happiness? Clearly, Victoria loved Nick so much that she’d rather leave than stay.” He puts his arm on Aaron’s shoulders. “It’s hard to understand but Nick and Victoria have a unique and special relationship and there were lots of things that try to go between them. It’s all about the matters of the heart, Aaron. Someday, when you found the right one for you, you will realize that there are sacrifices that you have to make before you come to that state of happiness. It’s hard. I’ve been through that road but found my way home with my wife. Love is a complicated thing.”

Aaron bit his lower lip as he fought his own tears. “Sometimes I wish that Nick never became a Backstreet Boy. He sacrificed a lot for this dream. He never had a high school life, never gone to prom, never had a decent relationship…”

“But these things are meant to happen, Aaron. God willed for these things to happen. He had plans for each one of us. There are lessons in life that we have to learn along the way. This is just one of them.”